Bagley needs to start or Joerger gone?

Let the coach coach, I'm tired of the BS.

A rookie doesn't need to play 35 minutes to develop. Skal hasn't shown anything, and Giles has played like someone with zero organized experience. JJ has gotten chances and been a zero.

That about covers the youngsters who could question their roles. Nothing close to warranting a coaching change.

sources told Yahoo Sports
There is a call from within the franchise for Bagley to receive more minutes, sources said.
First and foremost, if this is true, why is our front office business all out in the open again?

Labissiere, the 28th pick in the 2016 draft, has only appeared in five games and is averaging a career-low 5.6 minutes. Giles, the 20th pick in the 2017 draft, is seeing just 10 minutes per contest.
Neither really had played that well when given time. Labissiere, I could make a case for more minute. But Giles were literally a foul machine and was obviously not fully ready.

There has been frustration from Kings players over inconsistent roles, sources said, and they have grown exasperated by the lack of communication from Joerger about their future and limited minutes.
This sounds quite fishy, if I may say so. We are 8-7 and currently at number 9. We were projected as the worst team in the whole league before a minute was played. I feel like it is a little hard to believe that "players" already feeling "frustrated" over "inconsistent roles", especially when the team is generally winning or at least highly competitive.

Before I go deeper, this bit of news overall just doesn't seem legitimate to me, sources told me.

I’ve agreed with Joerger’s approach. Team/starters have looked a team that could compete for playoffs, and Bagley has not been reliable

Bjelica not only coming down to earth, but being not good, along with WCS inconsistency, puts a new wrinkle in this though. As in how much worse can the kids be

In the end, my preference is for Joerger to remain with a new FO, but it only looks like Joerger is at issue. They won’t find someone better. And I hope this doesn’t soil the relationship so that Joerger himself wants to leave after next year

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Bagley should be playing more, period. He needs to start, I know he won't space the floor for Fox like Bjelica could but there are just too many games where you don't know what you are getting out of him. At least with Bagley we get to see what he can do with more minutes like the rest of his draft class is receiving.

I think Bagley should get the start and a slight minutes increase. I’m not looking for him to be shoehorned into 35 minutes a game.

Bjeli may be better off the bench depending on usage and I think in the earlier games the Kings made more use of his play making ability and have since strictly used him as a floor spacer which is more in line with how Minnesota used him, hence the inconsistency and in my opinion uninspired effort in some spots. Bjeli isn’t getting open looks really at all

Kings should really look to utilize his point forward abilities off the bench with Bogdan...or atleast go back to trying to utilizing it more with the starters.

Last edited:
holy ****. Can this organization ever enjoy some type of non-dysfunction?

In regards to Bagley and his PT, I think everyone can agree that Bjelica is the best fit in our starting lineup. He spaces the floor and allows Fox to be Fox. On the other hand, we're seeing Bagley go through a lot of struggles on both ends. His minutes have been fairly distributed. We are winning with the way we are playing. Why can't that be good enough???

Giles doesn't deserve any minutes. He's looked like a lost dog a lot of times.

I feel like they could also be trying to make up for missing out on Luka Doncic. He looks like a STAR. Maybe they believe that if Bagley gets more minutes, it won't make passing up on Doncic look as bad...especially since they received a crap ton of backlash over it.

sigh.

To add onto this, I thought Joerger was a stubborn coach who wouldn't change his archaic ways. He's done the exact opposite and is playing to the strengths of his players. How many straws until a fan runs out?

dude12

Hall of Famer
There is nothing to this report. You mean the front office that signed Bjelica doesn’t want hJoerger to play Bjelica that much? Some one should go ask Mr Bagley if he had anything to do with this.

Not the first time Marvin Bagley Sr. has stirred up trouble in the name of his son.
Yeah, all six of the top picks from that draft had big-time stage parent/guardian issues; Bagley seemed like the most manageable at the time. We’ll see—not every prospect can be a Fox. All this may accelerate a WCS trade to make room in the starting lineup, and side-step overpaying in RFA.

This is all coming from Bill Simmons who, as a Celtics fan, thought they were getting a top 5 pick from the Kings but upon seeing our young teams potential and seeing the prospect of the pick being in the 12-15 range is trying to sow discord with the Kings to create a downward spiral that leads to the Celtics getting a high pick :p

The Sacramento Kings released the following statement from GM Vlade Divac: “Dave has our full support and confidence. We continue to work together to develop our young core and compete.”
Good. Vlade needs to speak to the team and reiterate this.

We can not have these kids not respecting the direction we are heading in. We have no time to lose being disfunctional

First and foremost, if this is true, why is our front office business all out in the open again?

Neither really had played that well when given time. Labissiere, I could make a case for more minute. But Giles were literally a foul machine and was obviously not fully ready.

This sounds quite fishy, if I may say so. We are 8-7 and currently at number 9. We were projected as the worst team in the whole league before a minute was played. I feel like it is a little hard to believe that "players" already feeling "frustrated" over "inconsistent roles", especially when the team is generally winning or at least highly competitive.

Before I go deeper, this bit of news overall just doesn't seem legitimate to me, sources told me.
Just slow slow slow you're roll. ANY one could have "leaked" this. Or could have flat out made it up. Or made it look like it was coming from inside. Could have been Bagley's agent or his "crew". Could have been a rival front office trying to create a distraction. Could have literally been some reporter needing to have a story.

EDIT: OR ANY COMBINATION THERE OF!!!!

Last edited:
Just slow slow slow you're roll. ANY one could have "leaked" this. Or could have flat out made it up. Or made it look like it was coming from inside. Could have been Bagley's agent or his "crew". Could have been a rival front office trying to create a distraction. Could have literally been some reporter needing to have a story.
Hence why I stopped.

All true but if it was Bagley's agent or his people then he needs to put them in their place.

All true but if it was Bagley's agent or his people then he needs to put them in their place.
Or just let it die. That won't be done in public anyway. And in private, it requires you calling out a guy you might be entering into high stakes negotiations with (the agent). Not that simple.

There's a whole side to NBA life that the public never sees.