Following 2019 draftees!!!

Killer start to the season for Moses Brown of UCLA. Who's easily got one-and-done 1st rd talent but is nowhere to befound on mocks. He keeps putting up stats like this, things will change quickly.

Buddy of mine used to coach this kid in AAU and he'd always tell me "I've got an all-american"

He's got major potential cuz he's actually got very good ballskills and a soft shooting touch for 7'1"

Brown's going to be int lottery. That size with that kind of mobility is rare. Reminds me of a young Deandre Jordan with better skills.

Jaylen Hands has not progressed the way I hoped he would. Not surprised. He's coached by Alfraud.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
The best PG in either draft hands-down is Cole Anthony, the son of Greg Anthony. He will be a top 3 or 5 pick aka out of the Kings range.

6'2" Freshman Darius Garland at Vanderbilt
6'3" Sophomore Ja Morant at Murray St.
6'2" Freshman Devon Dotson at Kansas
6'5" Freshman Coby White at UNC
6'5" Freshman Ayo Dosunmu at Illinois
6'3" Freshman Immanuel Quickley at Kentucky
6'2" Sophomore Jaylen Hands at UCLA
6'5" Junior Ty Jerome at Virginia
6'1" Junior Carsen Edwards at Purdue
6'0" Sophomore Tremont Waters at LSU
6'1" Junior Lamar Peters at Mississippi St.
6'2" Sophomore Nick Weatherspoon Mississippi St.
6'2" Sophomore Lindell Wigginton Iowa St.
5'10" Junior Markus Howard Marquette

To name a few ( Add in 6'3" Tre Mann, 6'4" Nico Mannion and 6'6" Josiah James for 2020)

There's also the curious case of uber athlete 6'4" Jalen Lecque who apparently is eligible for the 2019 draft.
Yeah, my top three right now are Anthony, Garland, and Morant. There are others that I like, but I'm going to wait until I have a larger sampling. Just one game but I thought Tre Jones played well for Duke, and I want to see Quickley in a normal game. I thought Hands played well for UCLA.

Speaking of UCLA, and disregarding the competition, I thought Wilkes had a great game. Maybe the gene's are starting to kick in. Moses Brown looks like a stud. Not ready to make a read on UCLA just yet, but they could be pretty good this season.

Got a good look at Charles Bassey against Washington. Western Kentucky was over matched, but you can see the potential in Bassey. Dude already has an NBA body, rebounds extremely well, and runs the floor well. He appears to be a very good athlete. The downside is that he's very raw right now, especially in the BBIQ instinct dept. You could tell that there were times when he appeared lost on the floor, both on the offensive and defensive side of the ball.

But all good things in time. There's a lot of potential there and this kid could be very good in the future. He has the potential, there's that word again, to be a good shotblocker and rebounder if nothing else, and I think he can be far more than that. It's a shame he's not playing for one of the better schools in a bigger conference.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Speaking of UCLA, and disregarding the competition, I thought Wilkes had a great game. Maybe the gene's are starting to kick in. Moses Brown looks like a stud. Not ready to make a read on UCLA just yet, but they could be pretty good this season.
I can hope! Throw Down, Moses looks like the real deal. They're listing him at 7'2" which means he probably actually *is* 7'1", and he's really mobile and bouncy for his size. Obviously he's a terror at the rim, but he'll put the ball on the floor a little and we'll see if he can make a jumper before too long. His FT form is very one-handed, and he had a rough go of it from the line in his first game but turned that around last night.

Got a good look at Charles Bassey against Washington. Western Kentucky was over matched, but you can see the potential in Bassey. Dude already has an NBA body, rebounds extremely well, and runs the floor well. He appears to be a very good athlete. The downside is that he's very raw right now, especially in the BBIQ instinct dept. You could tell that there were times when he appeared lost on the floor, both on the offensive and defensive side of the ball.

But all good things in time. There's a lot of potential there and this kid could be very good in the future. He has the potential, there's that word again, to be a good shotblocker and rebounder if nothing else, and I think he can be far more than that. It's a shame he's not playing for one of the better schools in a bigger conference.
I saw Bassey against Washington too, but came away less impressed than you did. He doesn't seem to have any offense outside of three feet away from the basket - I don't think he dribbled the ball even once nor was he even in position to take a jumper. He spent the entire game down on the low post waiting for his guards to get him the ball (they didn't). He rebounded and had a couple of good defensive plays, but he didn't jump out with his athleticism to me, nor is he all that big - looked about 6'10", but a solid frame for sure. He just looks like an average-NBA-sized pure post player to me, and I'm not sure if that mold of guy is in demand anymore. Maybe he's got a jumper that he wasn't showing off but I think NBA coaches are going to need to see a shot and a handle before he gets on the floor.

I find it a bit weird that a guy like Brown is not even on the draft boards (yet) but Bassey seems to be a consensus top-10. From what I've seen so far I'd swap that.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Naz Reid keeps playing like this he's gonna be a lotto pick.
Just finished watching that game. Not quite ready to jump on the Reid bandwagon, but he did some impressive stuff in that game. I thought he got better as the game progressed. Perhaps his confidence increased as the game went along because at the beginning he was a bit mechanical, but later much more fluid around the basket. Want to see him against better competition, but hey, he did what you would hope for. 29 pts on 11 of 14 shooting while going 4 for 6 from three.

I'd like to see him run the floor hard every time and not lag back, but he's got a big body and maybe he's not quite in run the floor constantly shape. A lot to like though..

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I can hope! Throw Down, Moses looks like the real deal. They're listing him at 7'2" which means he probably actually *is* 7'1", and he's really mobile and bouncy for his size. Obviously he's a terror at the rim, but he'll put the ball on the floor a little and we'll see if he can make a jumper before too long. His FT form is very one-handed, and he had a rough go of it from the line in his first game but turned that around last night.

I saw Bassey against Washington too, but came away less impressed than you did. He doesn't seem to have any offense outside of three feet away from the basket - I don't think he dribbled the ball even once nor was he even in position to take a jumper. He spent the entire game down on the low post waiting for his guards to get him the ball (they didn't). He rebounded and had a couple of good defensive plays, but he didn't jump out with his athleticism to me, nor is he all that big - looked about 6'10", but a solid frame for sure. He just looks like an average-NBA-sized pure post player to me, and I'm not sure if that mold of guy is in demand anymore. Maybe he's got a jumper that he wasn't showing off but I think NBA coaches are going to need to see a shot and a handle before he gets on the floor.

I find it a bit weird that a guy like Brown is not even on the draft boards (yet) but Bassey seems to be a consensus top-10. From what I've seen so far I'd swap that.
Well, I don't think I used the word impressed when speaking about Bassey, and I agree with you on the rankings. Brown has been far more impressive thus far. For the moment I'm giving Bassey the benefit of the doubt, but what bothered me the most about him was that he appeared lost at times. I agree that he showed no game away from the basket, but that doesn't bother me that much right now. 15 games from now it might. Mr. Wilkes didn't shoot the ball as well in his second game, but I still liked what I saw from him.

Nas Little was impressive in his last game with 21 pt's on 9 of 13 shooting and 2 of 3 from beyond the arc. He added 7 boards, 3 steals, and 1 block. I like Little a lot and have him ranked in my top 4 at the moment. For the Bol Bol followers, he had a very nice second game as well with 23 pts on 9 of 16 shooting along with 12 boards and 4 blocks.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Thought RJ didn't play that well vs Army. Reddish and Zion spectacular again.
Haven't watched that game yet. So many games and so little time.... Couldn't watch the Laker game either. Blacked out in my area and no way to get the channel. Could have watched it on my computer after the fact, but after seeing the score, decided not to.

Stanford is getting SMASHED by UNC in this first half. I really like Sterling Manley Sophomore bigman on the Heels.

Leaky Black is a legit prospect too.

Last edited:

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The best PG in either draft hands-down is Cole Anthony, the son of Greg Anthony. He will be a top 3 or 5 pick aka out of the Kings range.

6'2" Freshman Darius Garland at Vanderbilt
6'3" Sophomore Ja Morant at Murray St.
6'2" Freshman Devon Dotson at Kansas
6'5" Freshman Coby White at UNC
6'5" Freshman Ayo Dosunmu at Illinois
6'3" Freshman Immanuel Quickley at Kentucky
6'2" Sophomore Jaylen Hands at UCLA
6'5" Junior Ty Jerome at Virginia
6'1" Junior Carsen Edwards at Purdue
6'0" Sophomore Tremont Waters at LSU
6'1" Junior Lamar Peters at Mississippi St.
6'2" Sophomore Nick Weatherspoon Mississippi St.
6'2" Sophomore Lindell Wigginton Iowa St.
5'10" Junior Markus Howard Marquette

To name a few ( Add in 6'3" Tre Mann, 6'4" Nico Mannion and 6'6" Josiah James for 2020)

There's also the curious case of uber athlete 6'4" Jalen Lecque who apparently is eligible for the 2019 draft.
To be fair, I don't think drafting a PG is going to be a big priority for the Kings for the next decade or so.

To be fair, I don't think drafting a PG is going to be a big priority for the Kings for the next decade or so.
There's not even PG's in these fields that can test Fox, those tiers are collecting dust in 2018 and 2019.... I've looked YEARS ahead thru these HS recruitng classes, and international scouting lists and there's not one PG I've seen near Fox's level of burst or overall speed with the ball......

Vlade plucked THE pg from the pg draft with the 5th pick,... HOW SWEET IT IS :cool:

Cole Anthony is a different kind of PG, he could easily function next to the 6'4" Fox, he's 6'3" and a devastating scorer, and plenty athletic... He'd collect such easy stats here and would take the reins over beautifully when fox sits, this is not realistic at-all though, basically the Kings hit the lotto to make this happen, teams will view him as a franchise player, so 4 years of rookie-scale and restricted free agency would be lucky as hell.

with the way the Kings run the double midget pg's next to a 6'5" wing, that gives me hope for a PG in this draft but it's just a 2nd rd pick. I like to cast a wide net.

But really I think the best part of this is that the Kings are more in a position to add combo guard types, which some of those players I listed are that. 6'5" Ty Jerome for example.

TBH one of the players I'd handpick in this draft for the Kings is 6'2" Darius Garland, but it'd be to function as the cheap but super effective backup for 4+ years, he can play next to Fox too, lights out shooter with lightning quick release. But, again, it's gonna take some kinda miracle to get in range for him. At this point Mason and Yogi are acceptable but this kid is a whole nother level. /endrant

Last edited:
Vermont actually came out like gangbusters vs Kansas so far in this one but LaGerald Vick has bailed em out with 4 3's, and all have been buried. He's got some nice attack moves, quick 1st step, and defensive potential. Could be a match here. His shot's more reliable than Troy Williams..

Edit he's 5/5 13 points, just had a huge jam. 10 mins into game.

Last edited:
6'7" Freshman guardAJ Lawson on South Carolina with 18 6boards and 8 assists, leading the team in FGA's again for South Carolina. he'll skyrocket up draft boards if he keeps posting statlines like that.

Every game I've seen this kid so far he looks great... From Toronto, he's got this build like Terrence Ross but he's got guard skills for sure. He will strengthen up signifigantly in the coming years even if he remains skinny.

Cheikh Mbacke Diong 6'11 Sophomore bigman for UNLV off too a quick start with the blocks. He's got major sleeper potential.

Illinios loses to Georgetown but Ayo Dosunmu drops 25 and 3/4 from 3!!!!!!

While most likely not a prospect for 2019, Mac McClung's name was brought up somewhere. I didn't think he was NBA material because based off of the highlights. He seemed like an undersized 2guard who could only dunk the ball and had no shooting ability. I watched the latest Georgetown games and highlights of the other 2, and I think most of my presumptions were true. He struggles extremely with his shot, in his first 3 games he is 0-11 from 3pt land. Ball handling is a very much work in progress: 9asts to 8tos. Faces some lateral issues on defense especially on-ball. However, I was wrong about him not being NBA material. Holy hell the kid is a lot more quicker and athletic than I even though. Sometimes it's a bit hard to judge athleticism against lower-tier HS competition, but he can really fly and get down the court. His on-ball speed is hampered by his not-so-great ball handling, but he's very quick in the open court. He also finishes beautifully around the rim with a lot of touch and finessing.

I don't think he's anywhere near a legitimate NBA prospect yet, but he definitely has the athleticism. Shooting, ball handling, and defense is his biggest weaknesses. Patrick Ewing is also allowing him to play with a long leash...but they're 3-0.

His teammate PF/C Jessie Govan is making an interesting case as a 2nd round pick. If he can consistently shoot the 3pter, I see him being drafted. I'm just not a big fan of his defense though.

While most likely not a prospect for 2019, Mac McClung's name was brought up somewhere. I didn't think he was NBA material because based off of the highlights. He seemed like an undersized 2guard who could only dunk the ball and had no shooting ability. I watched the latest Georgetown games and highlights of the other 2, and I think most of my presumptions were true. He struggles extremely with his shot, in his first 3 games he is 0-11 from 3pt land. Ball handling is a very much work in progress: 9asts to 8tos. Faces some lateral issues on defense especially on-ball. However, I was wrong about him not being NBA material. Holy hell the kid is a lot more quicker and athletic than I even though. Sometimes it's a bit hard to judge athleticism against lower-tier HS competition, but he can really fly and get down the court. His on-ball speed is hampered by his not-so-great ball handling, but he's very quick in the open court. He also finishes beautifully around the rim with a lot of touch and finessing.

I don't think he's anywhere near a legitimate NBA prospect yet, but he definitely has the athleticism. Shooting, ball handling, and defense is his biggest weaknesses. Patrick Ewing is also allowing him to play with a long leash...but they're 3-0.

His teammate PF/C Jessie Govan is making an interesting case as a 2nd round pick. If he can consistently shoot the 3pter, I see him being drafted. I'm just not a big fan of his defense though.
McClung isn't a 1st rd prospect, i'll leave it at that, he does look to have some potential defensively and finishing around the rim, lets see where he takes it. I like their Freshman PG, James Akinjo, he's a dog.

Govan is interesting and worth tracking for sure. I'ma believer in this Pat Ewing hire for Georgetown, Akinjo will prove to be a godsend of a recruit for him..

Last edited:
Interesting comp. His stock seems explosive in this field of mostly shorter PG's.... especially when he's confidently splashing 3's cuz he's some kind of acrobat attacking the rim, he almost reminds me of Tony Parker when he's got attack mode going in full, he's got this delicate touch and quite a bag of tricks of finishes around the rim, I also think he reminds me slightly of our Kings own Iman Shumpert back at Georgia Tech.

raise your hand if you saw Villanova getting pummeled by thirty courtesy of Michigan
Not I.. UM running teams off the floor is nothing new though. Their Canadian forward Ignas Bradzekidas is not to be underestimated, i remember reading a while back claims he's the next Doug McBuckets. This UM team has balance. spearheaded by hopefully a 3-headed attack with Bradezkidas-Matthews-Poole.

Also this is not exactly a vintage Nova team, most likely next years squad will be considerably stronger. As for this year the rotations will change and i'd imagine Jahvon Quinerly will be handed the keys to the team and the starting PG spot if results like this continue, and also Cole Swider should get the green-light.

Brandon Randolph 6'6" Sophomore swingman at Arizona is off to a good start, 2 20+pt games already. He's underrated right now given his talent level. Was kinda frustrating how little he played last season.

James Palmer Jr. drew 18FTA's vs Seton Hall and dropped 29 in the process.

Seton Hall has a 6'2" Guard Myles Powell, who's a former fat kid, that can really shoot it, and just score in general, and can make it look real easy. He might be one of the nations leading scorers the next 2 seasons and get himself looks. They also have a 6'10 Sophomore import from Georgia, Sandro Mamushkashevelli, who's a lefty that can shoot 3's thats worth keeping an eye on

bajaden

Hall of Famer
raise your hand if you saw Villanova getting pummeled by thirty courtesy of Michigan
Yeah, that was hard to watch. I'm a big fan of Jay Wright, but I knew he was going to have some problems this season when he lost four of his best players to the NBA. I don't think he expected to lose that many. So he's almost starting from scratch, and Wright doesn't recruit players in the top 20 or so. He mostly recruits players somewhere between 25 and 50. The idea is to get talented players that simply need developing, which is something he's very good at. Those players usually stay in school for 3 to 4 years.

I think Villanova will be back where it belongs in a year or two, but it's going to take some time to get this group up to speed. I think the school to watch in the Big East this season is Marquette.

Last edited:

bajaden

Hall of Famer
A player that I've been very impressed with this season so far is Kevin Porter of USC. Sorry Capt! He's definitely going to be a lottery pick by draft time. He has a lot of wrinkles to his game. He has a great cross over with a lot of shake and bake as well. Great finisher at the basket, and a pretty good pull up midrange game. He definitely needs to become more consistent with his 3pt shot, and at the free throw line, but he's a terrific athlete with an NBA body. He has future NBA written all over him.

He's listed at 6'6" and seems to have a fairly long wingspan. Right now I see him more as a SG than a SF, but we'll see how he measures out at the end of the year. He has the physical strength to play SF, but may be a bit on the fringe height wise.

A player that I've been very impressed with this season so far is Kevin Porter of USC. Sorry Capt! He's definitely going to be a lottery pick by draft time. He has a lot of wrinkles to his game. He has a great cross over with a lot of shake and bake as well. Great finisher at the basket, and a pretty good pull up midrange game. He definitely needs to become more consistent with his 3pt shot, and at the free throw line, but he's a terrific athlete with an NBA body. He has future NBA written all over him.

He's listed at 6'6" and seems to have a fairly long wingspan. Right now I see him more as a SG than a SF, but we'll see how he measures out at the end of the year. He has the physical strength to play SF, but may be a bit on the fringe height wise.
Yeah he's legit. Top 10 most likely. In the summer for Team USA he measured 6'5½" in-shoes, 6'9" wingspan, 34" vert and 217lbs.

6'11" Junior Bigman Nick Rakocevic at USC continues his hot start he's cursed with t-rex arms though, wingspan is reportedly 6'7".

I caught the WKU win over WVU last night and guys Charles Bassey looks like a stud to me. If you watch him closely he makes these explosive quick movements and combined with his 7'5" wingspan he's quite the specimen. His 2nd jump is super quick, way above avg for an NBA C....

I've seen quite a few "late to basketball" stories, and Bassey's overall instincts are top of the list far as i'm concerned. There was a moment where he was dribbling it up court on the break and sensed a player was coming from behind for a steal so he knew to pass it ahead, little stuff like that (especially with his passing) always keeps me impressed when i've seen him play. It's not so much what he does, but how he does it, the kid's a natural..

the posters in this thread seem rather familliar with UCLA. He's kinda Ike Anigbogu-ish, but better and taller..

With like 4 or 5 minutes left in a close game there was a play where Bassey skied WAY OVER Sanagba Konate for an offensive putback --- It was glorious, he made it look easy... Reminded me of the game that Anigbogu had against Bam Adebayo that really helped his stock..

If ya wanna be a real greedy kings fan u might wanna hope this kid butchers his stock so he can fall to us, LOL.

Also I mean I know the Kings org likes to say how strong Giles is, but he's not as strong as Bassey is right now, no way.