41 wins this season? Yes or No

41 wins?

• Yes

Votes: 35 44.9%
  • No

Votes: 43 55.1%

• Total voters
Simple poll. Snapshot at this moment, based on all available information.

Have you adjusted your expectations based on early returns? Is what you are seeing a .500 team?

No haters.

I’m going to vote no, I believe 41 wins is a little high, but I will be ecstatic if they reach 41. My original prediction was 37 and then I wavered and said 34, but I am going back to my original estimate of 37. That’s an improvement of 10 games, a big jump.

Have I adjusted expectations based on early returns? Most certainly yes. I think the win total conversation has changed from 20's to 30's.

A +14 win uptick in 1 season is WAY out of the ordinary. A +10 uptick is considered extreme, that's what I'll go with. 37-45, Hope I'm wrong and they play .500 ball though.

For 41 this team is gonna need to stay healthy, and I'm pretty sure Bjelica will need to play at a level that will increase his value significantly, probably shumpert too and one of Yogi/Mason.

dude12

Hall of Famer
I thought they could get to 35-41 before the season if these things happened
Fox played like he did during that first SL game....check
Hield took a step forward....check
JJ shot closer to 40% from 3 than 30%......no
Bagley and Giles played beyond their years......kind of a check from Bagley
I think the other was Yogi and Bjelica contributing as solid vets.....Bjeli has been a big check

I’m going to say yes as wasn’t expecting WCS to be this good, Bogi hasn’t played and we are getting contributions from Shump, huge games from Bjelica and Buddy, Fox is legit, Bagley is going to get better and Koufos is a solid bench big.

Plus our pace is really hurting other teams

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
General note: If you're gonna create a poll, I strongly advice TWO things.
1. UNCHECK the "let people change their votes" option.
2. Make the poll public.

:)

For the record? I voted No.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I am not going to vote. I said I'd like to see a 10 win improvement, but anything in the range of 35 was achievable and what I needed to see, and many here said I was nuts. I don't want to raise my expectations because of a hot start. That said, I am going to say a 10 win improvement from last year is entirely possible and what I'd consider a smashing success.

Here's the deal: November is brutal. It is a murderer's row where the Kings could realistically lose every game (aside from tonight). So, this upcoming month is going to tell us if this team is for real and has a shot at the playoffs or not.

I am not going to vote. I said I'd like to see a 10 win improvement, but anything in the range of 35 was achievable and what I needed to see, and many here said I was nuts. I don't want to raise my expectations because of a hot start. That said, I am going to say a 10 win improvement from last year is entirely possible and what I'd consider a smashing success.
I actually had to lower my expectations. I predicted 50 as usual, but I think I'd settle for 48, and the 6th seed.

General note: If you're gonna create a poll, I strongly advice TWO things.
1. UNCHECK the "let people change their votes" option.
2. Make the poll public.

:)

For the record? I voted No.
Good points. This thread will be revisited sometime around, oh... April... I'll need a head count on a lovely spring crow dish I plan to prepare.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
no but nothing wrong with having optimism, I can see 35 wins being their ceiling for the time being until they prove they can beat the big dogs coming up in November

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Here's the deal: November is brutal. It is a murderer's row where the Kings could realistically lose every game (aside from tonight). So, this upcoming month is going to tell us if this team is for real and has a shot at the playoffs or not.
That's a very true statement, but considering most probably expected 3-6, I think the Kings might steal a game or 2. (That said, I expect about 8 losses, keeping the Kings in striking distance of .500)

I think I predicted 33 wins and I was one of the more POSITIVE people:) Now with this hot start who knows? Be nice to see the whole team together when Bogi gets back.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I say, hell yeah! Not only that, it's actually possible we could be talking about the "P" word pretty soon. Bogs hasn't come back yet. Bagley is getting better almost by the game. WC$ is looking for the big bucks. Shumpert is better than we all thought possible. T. Williams has already contributed greatly to a victory in his limited stint. Hield is now a legit two way player. And Fox, well with Fox I think we've learned not to put limits on the guy. Don't doubt the Fox.