Kings rookie Marvin Bagley ready to prove naysayers wrong in NBA debut (merged)

N

NBC Sports BayArea

Regardless of how strong the rookie plays, there are still naysayers out there. Before being selected with the second overall selection in the 2018 NBA Draft, basketball analysts around the league said Bagley couldn't play defense and could only score with his left hand.

Continue reading...

"Following the drubbing at the hands of Utah, Bagley stayed at his locker while others scurried out the door as quickly as possible. No player wants to talk to the media after an embarrassing loss.
Bagley didn’t take the bait. He stood tall and took the lumps for his teammates, including some players with a lot more to answer for."

Read here: Accountability

"Following the drubbing at the hands of Utah, Bagley stayed at his locker while others scurried out the door as quickly as possible. No player wants to talk to the media after an embarrassing loss.
Bagley didn’t take the bait. He stood tall and took the lumps for his teammates, including some players with a lot more to answer for."

Read here: Accountability
He seems to quietly exude a determination to "reach the top of the mountain" kniwing full well how far he has to go and the pain and hardship that await along the path. A confidence that his determunation isnt going to fade, thst it will endure, along with a faith that he will reach the top

gunks

Hall of Famer
Talk is cheap, but I'm warming up to the kid.

Hope he can be a bright spot in what will doubtless be another dark, dark, dismal, depressing, dark season in Kingsland.

The 6 pre season games were a better sampling of what we have as a player.
He will have his ups and downs as a rookie but he will get his rebounds and points. I have changed my thinking of my expectations for him from a 12ppg/8rpg season to 15ppg/8rpg as long as he is allowed around 30 minutes.

When and not if he gets a consistent mid range shot and uses his right hand around the basket he will be a player who will be playing at a high skill level for many years.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I'd rather he go out there and show us, less talking to the media about what he should become. Needs to show confidence in his offensive abilities out there and take jump shots and three pointers to expand his game and be a capable defender, which at times he's shown he can do.

I'd rather he go out there and show us, less talking to the media about what he should become. Needs to show confidence in his offensive abilities out there and take jump shots and three pointers to expand his game and be a capable defender, which at times he's shown he can do.
It was an interview. Was he supposed to sit there mute except to say "I'll let my play speak for itself".

...another dark, dark, dismal, depressing, dark season in Kingsland.
Ah, come on! If we're any better than last year, that's got to be considered progress. And how can progress be labeled as "dark, dismal and depressing?"
I don't much care if the Western Conference is stronger than it was last year, nor would I bet on that if I had the chance. Every year there are teams that - for whatever reason - underperform. Others slide from playoff-bound to lottery-bound due to injury. Look what Butler is doing to the Wolves! And besides, I'm just so DONE with us looking for redemption in the lottery. So I'm looking forward to this "season of progress" and I don't give a rat's **s what our record is when it's all said and done. Progress is what I'm looking for, plain and simple.