Kings reach agreement w/Bjelica 3yrs/$20.5M

Vlade reaching out to Bjelica? What do you think?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the best moves Vlade has made, especially If that third year isn't fully guaranteed. Regardless, bjelica is a quality rotational player whose biggest strength is our biggest weakness as a team.

Two damn good rotational pieces added today that space the floor for our core and some semblance of smart roster building.

Two damn good rotational pieces added today that space the floor for our core and some semblance of smart roster building.
That is THREE good moves in a row.

A lot of our second string from last year are now 3rd string, such as Mason, JJ, and Skal.

Fox/Yogi/Mason
Bogi/ Buddy/Ben
Bjelica/Shump/JJ
Giles/Bagley/Skal/Zbo
Kosta/Willie/Davis

A lot of our second string from last year are now 3rd string, such as Mason, JJ, and Skal.

Fox/Yogi/Mason
Bogi/ Buddy/Ben
Bjelica/Shump/JJ
Giles/Bagley/Skal/Zbo
Kosta/Willie/Davis
I don't expect to win many games but I expect us to be competitive and actually not beat ourselves with the high iq and stable players we got and the ball movement if Joerger allows it should be nice, a good squad for the development of Fox and friends.

Fox/Yogi/Mason
Bogi/ Buddy/Ben
Bjelica/Shump/JJ
Giles/Bagley/Skal/Zbo
Kosta/Willie/Davis
Think it is

Fox/Yogi/Mason
Bogi/Buddy/Ben
Bjelica/ Shumpert or JJ
WCS or Bagley/ Skal
Giles/Kosta or ZBo

Think it is

Fox/Yogi/Mason
Bogi/Buddy/Ben
Bjelica/ Shumpert or JJ
WCS or Bagley/ Skal
Giles/Kosta or ZBo
Im not a big fan of willie. I prefer Kosta as he plays within himself, rebounds at a better rate, has playoff experience, his baby hooks are money, doesn't think he's a number one option on offense, etc.

And I don't think Bagley is ready to start (yet).

I see Giles as a pf rn, don't get me wrong, I think Giles is going to be a game changer.

A trade for a sf (using a big) would bring Bjelica to a bench role, where Yogi, Buddy's and his shooting could be something.

Im not a big fan of willie. I prefer Kosta as he plays within himself, rebounds at a better rate, has playoff experience, his baby hooks are money, doesn't think he's a number one option on offense, etc.

And I don't think Bagley is ready to start (yet).

I see Giles as a pf rn, don't get me wrong, I think Giles is going to be a game changer.

A trade for a sf (using a big) would bring Bjelica to a bench role, where Yogi, Buddy's and his shooting could be something.
I see Giles as a 5 but your point is still valid. However I’m not sure a trade is in the offering. Kelly Oubre for WCS is an option but I don’t think Washington does it. I would prefer to not overwhelm Bagley and let him develop as needed.

Kosta is an ideal back up center

It could come down to a coin flip. We have a lot of bigs but we have enough players better than Ben, too. Of course, if they surprise me and buy out ZBo, for example, I'd be a very happy Kings fan.
I actually want ZBo around. He is an ideal tutor for Bagley. Bagley is a hard worker and ZBo came in early to work with Giles. I think we all underestimate the impact he could have on Marvin.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I actually want ZBo around. He is an ideal tutor for Bagley. Bagley is a hard worker and ZBo came in early to work with Giles. I think we all underestimate the impact he could have on Marvin.
I don't want to re-sign him but I'm inclined to agree he will help Marvin and hopefully we can move him to a playoff team at the deadline for their pick. Win win win.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Fair enough. I just don't want to sit through another season of ZBall. If his role is as a mentor to Bagley, no problem. If he starts logging major minutes, Vlade needs to move him to stop the madness.

Fair enough. I just don't want to sit through another season of ZBall. If his role is as a mentor to Bagley, no problem. If he starts logging major minutes, Vlade needs to move him to stop the madness.
If Vlade and Dave are so not on the same page the solution would be to fire Dave.

I hope that's the case, baja. I'd love to have a twofer out of this - Bjelica and a 1st rounder. Given the moribund FA so far, I think I'd settle for just Bjelica! I thought I had a decent amount of patience. (At this point, if you're a Kings' fan your role model has got to be Job). But this FA period is testing my limits!:mad::)
I lean heavily towards Buddhism, however Job has always been a role model for me, that's before I add my Kings fandom :cool:

Last edited:
His lateral mobility and balance is poor. He may fall over as often as any player in the league. He doesn't sit down in his defensive stance when he guards the perimeter. Did you see Giles in Summer League? He shows way more promise as a defender on the inside and exterior and he's played a total of 5 pro games. Willie is also a bit slow to get off his feet. His second and third jump is pretty non-existent. He looks like freak on some of his dunks but this does not carry over to the other end.
I am hoping Harry and Marvin finally stoke that furnace. Not a secret on theses forums I am a fan of Willie's, but it is being a fan of patience for a player that you haven't seen yet consistently, but really hate to throw in the towel on.

Edit: I don't feel that way very often

Last edited:

Entity

Hall of Famer
So we still got roughly 10 mil in cap space left. I still think we see shump, Randolph, or kosta moved probably paired with skal or wcs

Another solid signing. Bjelica has more to his game than he's shown so far, so he should be a productive player for us. I also like that Vlade is keeping the contracts short so we still have flexibility going forward.

Gluttony of bigs though, at least one or two need to be traded. I know WCS is the whipping boy at the moment, but I'd keep him for this year if possible, unless we get something good back. He put up 13/7/2/1 last year in 28mpg, that is not nearly as bad as people are making out. He's also still pretty young, and with his defensive potential, I don't want to give up on him just yet. I think he gets a hard time here. I get why, but bigs can take a while to really blossom. I'd look to move Koufos and Randolph before him.

People forgot that WCS is the most versatile defender on this team. WCS can guard most of the 3,4, and 5 of the NBA even including the Lebrons and Durants. Hold your horses on Willie just because we sign BJelly. BJelly’s offense is complimentary to Willie’s game. Kosta is the odd man for the bigs. Especially the Papa G is no longer in the roster. And ZBo is more likely gone before the playoffs like how Kings shipped Hill.

OT for a second, but has KAT's jumpshot always look that ugly? (at around 2:15 if you didn't catch it)
KAT is soft and when you see him doing his post moves (he has about 5 moves), hes clearly just randomly trying one of them and obviously didnt watch film on his opponents tendencies.

People forgot that WCS is the most versatile defender on this team. WCS can guard most of the 3,4, and 5 of the NBA even including the Lebrons and Durants. Hold your horses on Willie just because we sign BJelly. BJelly’s offense is complimentary to Willie’s game. Kosta is the odd man for the bigs. Especially the Papa G is no longer in the roster. And ZBo is more likely gone before the playoffs like how Kings shipped Hill.

I am a big Willie fan. He is only 24 and I think if he figures out that his role is the defensive engine of the trio ( which is a big if) he should stay past next year. Kosta should be shipped off along with Skal when the moment presents itself. I agree that Zbo should stay to mentor and have a few games where he reminds us that he is still at a force . Davis should play in G league and see if he grows. If Willie does fail and Davis improves he would be a fine 4th big in the coming years. At this point it looks messy but I can only hope that talent rises to the top of the heap finally.

Status
Not open for further replies.