Coach B Jax

I'm glad that good things are happening for a former player but especially one who has some semblance of earning his dues in the coaching and scouting ranks

I don’t believe it’s the worst idea in the world to have former players from the greatest era in Sacramento Kings history working in some capacity.

Unless I’m missing someone, they’ve now got Vlade, Peja, BJax and DC.

CWebb has a National gig he isn’t likely to give up, Bibby is working with Memphis I believe (I wonder if the Kings were interested?) and Pollard is an analyst at Kansas. I know a lot of Kings fans are impressed with Scot’s ability to evaluate talent, so I wonder if there could be mutual interest in bringing him at some point? As another analyst if nothing else.

Hopefully this means no more pregame radio duties for Bobby Jax. I love the guy, but he was painful to listen to at times.
One of my favorite local media moments was when Bobby and Kayte were discussing something relating to the role of bigs in the NBA. Bobby, about to refer to Kayte's experience and realizing mid-sentence that calling her a "big man" or "big woman" would be bad form, went with "Kayte, you're a big person..." which was not exactly an elegant save.

We gonna get C-Webb before we get in the Playoffs, then right before the first round, the old Kings will reveal to the world that they still got it, and announce that they are coming out of retirement and join the current Kings. We'll beat The Lakers in the first round, then The Rockets and finally eliminate The Warriors. Then we'll sweep Boston and be crowned the Champion!

Annnnnnnd scene!

Listening to him on 1140 the other day was hilarious. He sounded half asleep and kept yawning so loud during the interview. I turned it on halfway through and didn’t know who it was, but thought it was some unprofessional reporter, then realized it was Bobby and it all made sense lol

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I'm going against the grain on this one. I want some new blood, not old Kings's blood, in the coaching staff. Jackson doesn't have a great ability to communicate. We saw that when he tried his hand at analyzing Kings' games. If he can't communicate very well, then I have doubts about his ability to coach very well. Did anybody ever believe he was the most cerebral point guards they've ever seen? They say he's involved in coaching Fox. Ok, that's fine. But I want Fox to have exposure to the best, and Jackson wasn't the best at his position. Far from it. If you want to be the best at anything, the optimum is to be taught by the best. As I've said before, Fox should get coached over the summer by Steve Nash, who is a consultant with the Warriors. If Philly can send their young pg to Nash to get coached, for the life of me I don't understand why the Kings can't do the same. They should get their head out of their rear and do it, pronto. And if they really can muster the brain power and the smarts and the selling ability, they should hire Nash away from the Warriors and take him on as a Kings' coach. Stop thinking small time. It's the first step to thinking and finally doing big time.

I'm going against the grain on this one. I want some new blood, not old Kings's blood, in the coaching staff. Jackson doesn't have a great ability to communicate. We saw that when he tried his hand at analyzing Kings' games. If he can't communicate very well, then I have doubts about his ability to coach very well. Did anybody ever believe he was the most cerebral point guards they've ever seen? They say he's involved in coaching Fox. Ok, that's fine. But I want Fox to have exposure to the best, and Jackson wasn't the best at his position. Far from it. If you want to be the best at anything, the optimum is to be taught by the best. As I've said before, Fox should get coached over the summer by Steve Nash, who is a consultant with the Warriors. If Philly can send their young pg to Nash to get coached, for the life of me I don't understand why the Kings can't do the same. They should get their head out of their rear and do it, pronto. And if they really can muster the brain power and the smarts and the selling ability, they should hire Nash away from the Warriors and take him on as a Kings' coach. Stop thinking small time. It's the first step to thinking and finally doing big time.
The best are rarely good teachers as most of their skill came naturally. It's the players that had to work hard to make it that make the best coaches.

Bobby wasn't resigned when Malone came in and brought all new coaches.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
The best are rarely good teachers as most of their skill came naturally. It's the players that had to work hard to make it that make the best coaches.

Bobby wasn't resigned when Malone came in and brought all new coaches.
You don't think Nash had to work hard to become a Hall of Fame player? It took years of hard work and study by Nash to get to an elite level. Moreover, he's absolutely PERFECT when it comes to knowing how a team should be run at the point guard with pace! I bet Nash knows more than any coach on the Kings staff - including Joerger - about pace, attacking downhill, fast break basketball. The Kings have got to stop with the small time BS and get the best, not inarticulate bench players, as their coaches. Get some brain power in here and bring in Nash. Is management and Joerger threatened by brain power? Just pick up the damned phone and call Nash!

You don't think Nash had to work hard to become a Hall of Fame player? It took years of hard work and study by Nash to get to an elite level. Moreover, he's absolutely PERFECT when it comes to knowing how a team should be run at the point guard with pace! I bet Nash knows more than any coach on the Kings staff - including Joerger - about pace, attacking downhill, fast break basketball. The Kings have got to stop with the small time BS and get the best, not inarticulate bench players, as their coaches. Get some brain power in here and bring in Nash. Is management and Joerger threatened by brain power? Just pick up the damned phone and call Nash!
I'm talking about the Jordan's, Shaq's

Bird and Thomas are the exceptions. Looks at the head coaches today. They weren't all stars when they played.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Was he not with the Kings not that long ago as a coach? Wonder why they let him go/why he came back?
Malone brought in a whole new crew and Bobby spent a couple of years with the Timberwolves as a player development coach before returning to the Kings. He's been here in a variety of roles since about 2015-16 believe.