DRAFT PICK discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skal - Giles - Bagley and WCS are interchangeable for the most part, or project to be that way after some strengthening.

Z-Bo and KK are the odd men out. These young bigs still got plenty of time to prove their worth, and looks like plenty of PT.

Let me be the first to say Z-Bo is now expendable. Just give Marvin all his minutes and touches.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
As I've said numerous times, his lack of jump shot attempts and horrible ft% (62) satistically suggest that he wont be a good shooter in the Nba.
You know one of the easiest things to correct in the NBA? a bad FT%. All it takes is focus, practice and determination...and I think Bagley's got all 3.

Skal - Giles - Bagley and WCS are interchangeable for the most part, or project to be that way after some strengthening.

Z-Bo and KK are the odd men out. These young bigs still got plenty of time to prove their worth, and looks like plenty of PT.

Let me be the first to say Z-Bo is now expendable. Just give Marvin all his minutes and touches.
ZBo should be cut or traded. There is no reason for him to be playing ANY minutes next year. I'd be so pissed if him or KK got any playing time.

I don't think Skal will ever start on a playoff team. Giles is still a question mark. Bagley is likely to make an easy transition to the NBA especially if he can learn to defend. Willie is erratic and an under achiever.

Z-Bo is pretty senior by now but still a useful player especially if he doesn't play a lot of minutes. KK is the most dependable player on the whole list.

Hate to burst your bubble but if Kosta and Z-Bo are still on this roster next season Joeger is going to play them it’s much more likely that we will be back to complaining that Skal isn’t seeing enough time or that Giles needs more minutes. Skal might actually end up being the odd man out here when it’s all said and done, as much as I hate to say it.

As I've said numerous times, his lack of jump shot attempts and horrible ft% (62) satistically suggest that he wont be a good shooter in the Nba.
And we know he won’t be a dominant defender and there is a slim chance he becomes a playmaker. Have to hope he can develop a three so maybe he can push +2 OBPM... Kings went low probability because come he’ll or high water Vlade is going to draft a successful big man!!!!!

Are you kidding me? I want ZBo around to teach Bagley his moves.

Have you ever played basketball? shot a ball?

theres tons of footage of marvin bagley dribbling INTO three pointers and easily knocking it down in a defenders face. Similar to how Odom used to do it. It takes good shooting skill/form/balance to knock down shots like that. its rare for a big guy to do that.

i'll put money on it that bagley becomes a good nba three point shooter and mid range shooter.

And when he does, other teams should worry. Because now you can't stop him.
If he does...... we have a 3 time all star and a kid who can swing between 3 and 4. But (and I wanted Bagley) his free throw percentage is worrisome.

Having some of Zbo’s move in his bag is never a bad thing.
Post-scoring just doesn't fit the modern NBA anymore. Even Cousins slowly went away with it after 2 years in the NBA which was in 6 years ago.

ZBo was a bad signing. Kings are basically paying him 12million to be a coach.

I'm so sorry for you guys. I don't know why ownership/FO is repeatedly bad. Well, I have my theory as to why but people won't like it.

It's not that Bagley is bad. It's that he's Amare and Doncic is an identity changing player. The supposed reasons why they didn't go with Doncic (according to Dave) are even worse. Doncic actually plays better next to other playmakers. He doesn't take away from Fox. He played with Sergio Lull and Goran Dragic. One of his few knocks was that he can be pressured by ultra quick athletic guys, which you nullify by having both Bogi and Fox on the squad. A Fox, Bogi, and Doncic wing combo would have set up the team for years.

I actually predicted the Kings would reach 20 years without playoffs after the Boogie trade. When they lucked out and got the #2 pick and a chance at Doncic, I thought my prediction was in trouble. Now I'm pretty confident about it again.

You can't out run bad decision making. It compounds and repeats.

If he does...... we have a 3 time all star and a kid who can swing between 3 and 4. But (and I wanted Bagley) his free throw percentage is worrisome.
we got an amazing player.

Our transition game will be killer.... but so will our pick and roll/pick and pop game. Hes mad versatile.

we werent gonna stop anyone defensively with a swingman rotation of Bogi, Buddy ,Fox, Doncic... Now we have that SF spot wide open to find the defensive behemoth that this team needs. It will be a well rounded team in the end.

Shooting concerns
Defense concerns
Playmaking concerns
Scoring variety concerns
Off-hand concerns
Length concerns

How is he supposed to be leading this team to relevancy? Athleticism, ballhandling, rebounding, & motor are not a concern, but does this sound like a franchise player?

Having said all of that, I'm not saying Bagley can't be a star, but we have a flawed player on our hands with weaknesses (which you could say about everyone in this draft), but his flaws are in areas that are in a lot of key areas. We essentially took a guy with excellent athleticism, motor, & work ethic and are hoping that he takes 2-4 of those concerns/weaknesses and turns them into strengths. It's not that he can't do it, it's just a long way to go.

we got an amazing player.

Our transition game will be killer.... but so will our pick and roll/pick and pop game. Hes mad versatile.

we werent gonna stop anyone defensively with a swingman rotation of Bogi, Buddy ,Fox, Doncic... Now we have that SF spot wide open to find the defensive behemoth that this team needs. It will be a well rounded team in the end.
That's what Caboclo is here for ;)

SF - Caboclo
PF - Bagley
C - Giles

Can we just get lucky for once and have Caboclo erupt out of nowhere? He's only 22. One can dream...

Status
Not open for further replies.