Welcome to the Sacramento Kings, Marvin Bagley III

I will support Marvin Bagley, let's get that out of the way, but please don't defend the same FO that drafted Georgios Papagiannis in the lottery and called him the next Marc Gasol.

Marvin, welcome to the Kings, let's see that motor and work ethic transform this franchise.
I don't want to get out of topic too much but this is such a strange argument using Papa's pick to say FO is horrid. All I'm going to ask is, who on this following list of players would you really rather have instead? They took a gamble and it didn't pay off. It was a fair gamble due to the talent level.
Big papa.JPG

I don't want to get out of topic too much but this is such a strange argument using Papa's pick to say FO is horrid. All I'm going to ask is, who on this following list of players would you really rather have instead? They took a gamble and it didn't pay off. It was a fair gamble due to the talent level.
View attachment 7848
To me Juan Hernangomez was the obvious pick at the time and he would be the starting 4 for us atm if he was drafted then. Papa G was the worst pick of all of those, basicaöly anyone wouldve been better

Not too high on Bagley, and disappointed somewhat; I hope my impression of him is wrong from the Kansas and Syracuse tourney games. Maybe my expectations were too high when watching him. He wasn't a takeover player and looked a bit lackadaisical if I recall.....anyway onto the positives - I like the way he runs in the open court for his size and his offensive rebounding is excellent. I see a good player, but not a great player - wonder about his passing and outside shooting. Now ,is he an upgrade up front? Yes...certainly. Does he help Cauley-Stein? Yes. Will the Kings be better with him? Yes. So I'm mildly disappointed. I was hoping for JJJ and a trade down, or even JJJ alone. Or in truth, would've enjoyed really rolling the dice with Doncic. Bagley was a lower risk, lower reward pick imo.

To me Juan Hernangomez was the obvious pick at the time and he would be the starting 4 for us atm if he was drafted then. Papa G was the worst pick of all of those, basicaöly anyone wouldve been better
So, even if I go with your logic, we really only missed out on Juan Hernangomez. I'm inclined to think that the gamble pick of Big Papa is hardly horrible enough to use as a frame for our FO's incompetent.

Anyway, I digress... back to welcoming Mr. Bagley! This kid got flow!

MB3FIVE - BREATHE

So, even if I go with your logic, we really only missed out on Juan Hernangomez. I'm inclined to think that the gamble pick of Big Papa is hardly horrible enough to use as a frame for our FO's incompetent.

MB3FIVE - BREATHE
And no one (at least I havent) claimed that is the single reason this FO is incompetent. If you want to tackle on this subject I wrote about it in "Vlade as a gm" thread. You can just add passing on Doncic for Bagley on that list

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member

MB3FIVE - BREATHE
I don't even like hip-hop and I gotta admit that kinda grooves.

So safe to say the writings on the wall for Willie after we took Bags pretty much isn’t it? With Z-Bo and Kosta still on the roster, plus Giles and Skal needing minutes, I’m looking at WCS being the odd man out. All I know is a moves gotta be made to balance out the logjam because going into the season with 5-6 big men needing minutes is not a good situation to put Joeger in, as we know how that’ll likely turn out.

The other question we have to get to is why it was general public known we were going with Bagley since last night or the last few days?
Why does that matter? I swear....people complain they were looking at too many people as potential picks in the week up to the draft and then complain that the pick started to crystallize since this morning (although seems like there were still some smoke being throw as late as early afternoon). I think they simply believed he was the best choice and made their mind up they weren't trading the pick.

Welcome!!!!!

Glad they found Fox a true thoroughbred to run with. I expect them to have great chemistry, and both are lefties and a nightmare on the break, which should provide quite an interesting look.

Can't wait to see what he does on an NBA team with real spacing and a chance to show off his full repertoire.

I think he's gonna lead the team in scoring and should be like a 2:1 or 3:1 favorite to win ROY.

in a game of runs I expect Marvin to be the Kings constant force, he's that good.

I got switched onto Demarcus Nelson (who went on to Duke) in HS hoops once, I lasted less than 5 minutes!
No way. I also played against him. I started on my high school team. I had to guard him. He put up 39 on me. He also blocked me so bad i thought my wrist was broken. We lost. I got his autograph after the game. One of the games I remember the most.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I’m hoping the guys really like playing together and competing. One thing about Vlade, I think he is building some good chemistry. But we still need to balance the roster and win some games.
I think, more than anything else, Vlade wants to build a team with the cohesion and chemistry of the team he loved so much. I see a certain symmetry at work here and I don't think it's all because of my purple-tinted glasses.

Just out of curiosity: I'm still wondering about Marvin's wingspan. We have no up-to-date measurements, but considering the Carter Jr was measured at 7'4.5 at the combine, I just do not see Marvin to be much under 7'3 (maybe even longer?) looking at these pictures.

Picture 1
Picture 2

What do you guys think? I mean the last official measurement were when Marvin was 14.

I think, more than anything else, Vlade wants to build a team with the cohesion and chemistry of the team he loved so much. I see a certain symmetry at work here and I don't think it's all because of my purple-tinted glasses.
Vlade has always been about team chemistry, goes back to his beloved Yugoslavian squad. Also evident by his glory years as a Kings player.
We already know how Giles and Fox showed Bagley around town. Those three are allready tight and ready to make Sacramento proud. Add in my favorite King Bogdan feeding these bigs along with Fox doing the same, then Hield hitting from everywhere... Plug in a FA SF..
Growing pains like crazy next year but nothing to lose for and will be fun to watch.

Just out of curiosity: I'm still wondering about Marvin's wingspan. We have no up-to-date measurements, but considering the Carter Jr was measured at 7'4.5 at the combine, I just do not see Marvin to be much under 7'3 (maybe even longer?) looking at these pictures.

Picture 1
Picture 2

What do you guys think? I mean the last official measurement were when Marvin was 14.
7’ his lack of center level wingspan is one of his negatives.

View attachment 7848
Everybody on the board wanted Baldwin. I wanted Valentine. Neither have done anything.

7’ his lack of center level wingspan is one of his negatives.
But that was the measurement of when he was 14. Has anybody confirmed the 7' since he has not taken part in the combine? Look at the pictures, I think that his arms look longer than 7' when comparing him to Carter Jr.