Luka Doncic (pre and post-draft discussion thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, We’ll be excited by Giles anyways
Seriously, I just want to see one game of Luka & Giles to get Atleast a tiny glimpse into what we have. I have a feeling if Doncic really is the pick we may see a career year from Willie as well. Atleast, I would hope so for his case going into a contract year being spoon fed by two exceptional playmakers in Doncic and Bogie

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maybe Vlade and Vivek told him "win that ACB championship and we'll take you at #2" at their dinner last week and because Luka's such a baller, he knows it's in the bag. I actually thought that Real Madrid outplayed them in Game 1 too. Baskonia got a lot of help from the referees down the stretch in that one.
Whenever I see Baskonia I can't help but think of Stankonia.

"I'm sorry Ms (Jaren) Jackson, Luka's for reeeeaal"

Seriously, I just want to see one game of Luka & Giles to get Atleast a tiny glimpse into what we have. I have a feeling if Doncic really is the pick we may see a career year from Willie as well. Atleast, I would hope so for his case going into a contract year being spoon fed by two exceptional playmakers in Doncic and Bogie

So Doncic is going to give motivation and BbIq to WCS. That’s a laugh. WCS will be traded or gone from the Kings this year. I imagine Doncic is going to teach him to rebound and live in the post. I am not sure WCS will agree with you.
WCS still thinks he compares to the likes of Davis, Embiid, KAT, CousIns, Etc.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
So Doncic is going to give motivation and BbIq to WCS. That’s a laugh. WCS will be traded or gone from the Kings this year. I imagine Doncic is going to teach him to rebound and live in the post. I am not sure WCS will agree with you.
WCS still thinks he compares to the likes of Davis, Embiid, KAT, CousIns, Etc.
Read what he wrote. Doncic can put WCS in a position to succeed OFFENSIVELY. The rest, obviously, is up to WCS.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
OMG. Are you guys kidding me? Making an argument about Doncic vs. Larry Bird? Dumbest thing I think I've seen ever and I've been here a very long time. If you track back, the initial comment about Larry Bird quite honestly made no sense at all. Responding to it made even less sense. Can we just agree not to diminish the collective IQ of the board by continuing it?

Maybe Vlade and Vivek told him "win that ACB championship and we'll take you at #2" at their dinner last week and because Luka's such a baller, he knows it's in the bag. I actually thought that Real Madrid outplayed them in Game 1 too. Baskonia got a lot of help from the referees down the stretch in that one.
Didn’t you post YouTube links for that game? I watched it with my hoops obsessed son the other day. Thank you! The passes this kid makes, he makes it look easy!

Just thought about another decisionmaking criteria: brand value. Picking Luka would instantly increase the Kings brand value in Europe, which is something that shouldn't be the #1 criteria, but shouldn't be overlooked either when you're the owner and are trying to make money.

Not sure if this will really influence the pick, but just a random thought I wanted to share.

Draftexpress got the point. What's Luka hiding from us? Hahaha

19-year-old Luka Doncic was fantastic in his 24 minutes of action, scoring 20 points to go with 9 boards and 3 assists on 9 field goal attempts. He also knocked down free throws down the stretch. #Madrid can clinch Tuesday, potentially allowing Doncic to attend the #nbadraft Thursday?

Unfortunately, Doncic was playing 5-on-5 and not one on zero in the ACB finals tonight, so NBA teams picking in the top five came away unimpressed with his performance, and his draft stock continues to falter

Status
Not open for further replies.