[Playoffs] Western Conference Finals

Which team will be the sacrifical lamb for LBJ? (Assuming the right outcome in the ECF, of course)

• Rockets in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rockets in 5

• Rockets in 6

• Warriors in 4

• Warriors in 7

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
And it's come down to this...the two teams I wanted to see least in the WCF. CP3 on one side and Steph Curry on the other. Maybe I'll just root for it to go the full 7 games so whichever team ends up winning will be exhausted when they go up against LBJ.

• Game 1 in Houston: Monday, May 14, 9 p.m. ET, TNT
  • Game 2 in Houston: Wednesday May 16, 9 p.m. ET, TNT
  • Game 3 in Oakland: Sunday May 20, 8 p.m. ET, TNT
  • Game 4 in Oakland: Tuesday May 22, 9 p.m. ET, TNT
  • Game 5 in Houston: Thursday May 24, 9 p.m. ET, TNT (if necessary)
  • Game 6 in Oakland: Saturday May 26, 9 p.m. ET, TNT (if necessary)
  • Game 7 in Houston: Monday May 28, 9 p.m. ET, TNT (if necessary)

Last edited:
Can both teams lose? <SIGH>

As much as I dislike James Harden's game and pretty much everything else about him, the Rockets are still the lesser of two evils for me. So I gotta root for them. Which is why they'll lose.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Didn't watch yesterday, won't watch tomorrow. Luckily, there seems to be something else I can focus on.

;)

The Rockets were pathetic in the first game with Harden playing his stupid iso game. The Warriors are too good of a denfensive team for that to work. In the second game, the Rockets played more like the Celtics moving the ball and involving everyone on the team. One of the most dramatic changes in style of play I have seen in a long time. Meanwhile the poker faced coach keeps saying " we always play iso ball, it is who we are," Nice try Dantonio.

The Warriors play defense and have one of the best collections of shooters in the history of the league. But I still hate em because they are too smug. Green is a guy with talent that does not respect the game. When the Rockets make a big run on the Warriors you can see the egos of the Warriors get deflated. They are emotionally fragile. Chris Paul is easy to dislike, but not compared to Golden State, so I like the Rockets.

The Rockets were pathetic in the first game with Harden playing his stupid iso game. The Warriors are too good of a denfensive team for that to work. In the second game, the Rockets played more like the Celtics moving the ball and involving everyone on the team. One of the most dramatic changes in style of play I have seen in a long time. Meanwhile the poker faced coach keeps saying " we always play iso ball, it is who we are," Nice try Dantonio.

The Warriors play defense and have one of the best collections of shooters in the history of the league. But I still hate em because they are too smug. Green is a guy with talent that does not respect the game. When the Rockets make a big run on the Warriors you can see the egos of the Warriors get deflated. They are emotionally fragile. Chris Paul is easy to dislike, but not compared to Golden State, so I like the Rockets.
With two teams that I strongly dislike on the court and about 7 players I really dislike, Chris Paul is first on that list. I cannot stand the guy, stats aside. Draymond is a very close 2nd.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
To watch or not to watch...that is the question. And the even bigger question is IF I do watch, which team do I root for? I might root for the guys in striped shirts... I'd love to see them start calling James Harden, Chris Paul, Steph Curry, Draymond Green, etc. for all the ticky-tac fouls they commit that nobody seems to see.

Apparently my hatred for the Warriors is very strong. GO ROCKETS!
One of the things that really annoys me about the Warriors is that they play with a great deal of arrogance. They lost their last game against Houston because they didn’t feel like showing up. As amazingly talented as they are, they don’t turn it on very often. They coast on their excess of talent, and they don’t have any natural leaders to push the team harder when they need a kick in the ass. Durant and Curry and Thompson are all too laconic, and Draymond is too hyped in the opposite direction. Iguadola could play the steady veteran leader once-upon-a-time, but he doesn’t see the court much anymore.

To paraphrase someone somewhere, I hope they BOTH lose.

That said, the Rockets are so iso heavy, it should be a splash of cold water to some with how they are faring right now.

Edit: #TTP

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I sure miss the days where playoff basketball was competitive....for both conference finals matches so far, the margins of defeat are incredible. This has to be something that goes in the books.

I sure miss the days where playoff basketball was competitive....for both conference finals matches so far, the margins of defeat are incredible. This has to be something that goes in the books.
Looked it up. Record in recent history for conf finals was in 2017, when Cleveland beat the Celtics by 44

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Looked it up. Record in recent history for conf finals was in 2017, when Cleveland beat the Celtics by 44
My bad. I didn't necessarily mean one game. I meant all the games in both conference finals have been so lopsided that it ought to make the history books. There hasn't been one single win among all four teams left that was in single digits.

The NBA conference finals and championship are the greatest basketball ever played on the planet. I think it is foolish to not watch it because you don't like some of the players. I don't like some of the players but overlook them because there are so many really good ones.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
The NBA conference finals and championship are the greatest basketball ever played on the planet. I think it is foolish to not watch it because you don't like some of the players. I don't like some of the players but overlook them because there are so many really good ones.
It's not always about the players but more so about the competition being put out in these conference finals thus far, which has been lackluster considering what's at stake for all teams remaining.