Possible Free agents

People are mistaken if they think Hood is a SF.

I think he is a very underrated target for us. People seem to be overlooking the fact that Dave Joerger is a huge Hood fan. His downfall in Memphis started when he was pushing the front office to draft Hood and ignored him.

I suspect that Hood and Randle will be on top of the Kings shopping list come FA. Who becomes the #1 target depends on what happens in the draft.
Another SG on top of Hield and Bogdan who will cost more than both of them combined? Yeah, that's a hard pass for me. I'd only going after him if we traded Hield or Bogdan.

There's no reason to pay him that much to come off the bench for us.

Injury prone but I do love Nurkic. Have been a fan from a very young age. He is from the same town as I am so always had a bit of a interest in his progress.
I was watching the Houston game last night and I was impressed with his awareness and overall skill. He impacts the game in multiple ways and I think his skill set would work well with our guards.

I think Portland is in a tough spot in terms of salary and keeping him. He's a great 2nd or 3rd option for them but they have talent behind him and they may be hesitant to pay him, tax considerations and all.

I believe Nurkic is in the top 3 in FG% allowed at the rim so he's been a solid rim protector.

I just don't know if he's going to be worth the type of salary he may command.

FYI, he is not being properly utilized in Cleveland. Which is also a reason, I can see him leaving the Cavs in the summer as a free agent.

He was playing good ball in Utah, before he was traded. If we get Utah's Rodney Hood, he would be a good fit for the Kings, if we don't draft a SF.
Cleveland won’t pay him anyways no way they do it and go into the luxury tax when Lebron is leaving

I believe Nurkic is in the top 3 in FG% allowed at the rim so he's been a solid rim protector.

I just don't know if he's going to be worth the type of salary he may command.
I think your concern is valid and I don't know what exactly it would take to sign him. But he is younger and more productive than Willie and I believe he is a better fit with this team and with Joerger's style so I think it's worth an aggressive attempt. Plus, I like how he hits guys and then shrugs about it. :p

People are mistaken if they think Hood is a SF.

Another SG on top of Hield and Bogdan who will cost more than both of them combined? Yeah, that's a hard pass for me. I'd only going after him if we traded Hield or Bogdan.

There's no reason to pay him that much to come off the bench for us.
For us he would be a SF.

For us he would be a SF.
He's not big enough to defend SFs. He's 6'8, but is only 206lbs with a 6'8 wingspan. There's no way he could go up against the better SFs in the game. It's why Utah played him mostly at SG, and even had him come off the bench. Utah had a giant hole at SF after Gordon Hayward left... If Hood was a legitimate SF, I'm sure they'd prefer the 25yearold over 30yearold Joe Ingles.

He just doesn't have the strength to play SF.

I'm not that big of a fan of Hood. He's really inconsistent like JR Smith. Can go hot for 20pts one night, but follow it up with 1-8 shooting.

Like I said, I think he can only play SG. I wouldn't bring him here unless we traded Buddy or Bogdan. Overlapping position...especially considering Hood will command 15+mpy in FA. Also, if we'd pay him that much, I'd want him as the starting SG.

So because someone at ESPN thought these were the top players 25 and under, it's gospel? Sorry, but I don't worship at that altar. No Kyrie Irving, no Zach Lavine, no Oladipo? I could go on. I could argue that Fox has had a better season than Ball, who has gotten all the publicity. The only stat area where Ball is better, is in assists, which is no shock since that's the horse he rode in on.. At the end of the day, it's just someone's opinion, and I have my own.

Sorry the players you named are 25 or ove
He's not big enough to defend SFs. He's 6'8, but is only 206lbs with a 6'8 wingspan. There's no way he could go up against the better SFs in the game. It's why Utah played him mostly at SG, and even had him come off the bench. Utah had a giant hole at SF after Gordon Hayward left... If Hood was a legitimate SF, I'm sure they'd prefer the 25yearold over 30yearold Joe Ingles.

He just doesn't have the strength to play SF.

I'm not that big of a fan of Hood. He's really inconsistent like JR Smith. Can go hot for 20pts one night, but follow it up with 1-8 shooting.

Like I said, I think he can only play SG. I wouldn't bring him here unless we traded Buddy or Bogdan. Overlapping position...especially considering Hood will command 15+mpy in FA. Also, if we'd pay him that much, I'd want him as the starting SG.

I don't hope the Kings aren't interested in Hezona. The guy sucks. I have been watching him all season. I don't see anything special with this guy. Forget about the mediocre stats. The guy is a black hole on the floor. Vlade is a complete moron if he signs that guy. Why? Because of the Bosnian/Serbian connection. If Vlade had his way the team would be loaded with Serbs/Bosnians. Regardless, of their talent
r

Hopefully, the Kings can draft Porter. Either of the Bridges are just role players. If not, I would offer a nice contract to Kyle Anderson. I think he's really improved his game. Has played in a great system and is a high BBIQ player.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
[Modding]
I don't hope the Kings aren't interested in Hezona. The guy sucks. I have been watching him all season. I don't see anything special with this guy. Forget about the mediocre stats. The guy is a black hole on the floor. Vlade is a complete moron if he signs that guy. Why? Because of the Bosnian/Serbian connection. If Vlade had his way the team would be loaded with Serbs/Bosnians. Regardless, of their talent
I have no idea where you're headed with this, but tread lightly.

I believe that Vlade has been targeting the 2019 offseason for free agency. The Kings will be one of the teams with the most money that year. No need to make a bad signing this offseason.
This means nothing and will probably always mean nothing for the Kings as UFA market players.

RFA is a little different as teams won't always want to commit big money to some of these guys for a variety of reasons:

Gordon: Magic already showed interest in trading him, he plays the same position as their #6 pick Isaac, do they really want to commit a max deal to a guy they don't reaaaally believe in as they head for ANOTHER rebuild? S&T possibilities will be here I think.

Nurkic: Portland is already flat broke in the luxury and a 15-20 mil Nurkic contract would be astronomical in price for them. Either taking Nurk for them, or doing our best to steal Zach Collins for eating Evan Turner's contract so they can keep Nurk with their playoff core are two options we should be looking for.

Randle: Randle playing like a straight-up all-star for 3 months might have saved the Lakers from themselves and they'll just be content to go for 1 max FA and keep Randle. Still, I wouldn't mind forcing the clock on the Lakers as early as we can and putting them to a decision quickly. Especially when we know LeBron and George will probably take their sweet-ass time. And there's still a chance the Lakers are stupid and let Randle walk for dreams of getting 2 max dudes.

Parker: Obvious injury concerns here, but he is starting to play much better. Is he worth the max deal for a team like the Bucks that's trying to put a winning core together now? You also have the Bledsoe and Middleton extension looming the following season which will put them to a decision on which of the 3 of the 4 they have they want to pay. If we win the gamble and Parker returns to full health, he's an absolute steal and can be that franchise scorer we need.

Add in the fact that we're one of the few teams this off-season with money ( I think literally like 7 teams with positive cap space?) and this is the FA period we should be looking to be super aggressive. Any one of the top 4 I noted would be fantastic gets and fit nicely with the current core+2018 pick.

Last edited:
Kings may have a lot of money to spend In 2019. But. When have the Kings ever been a FA destination? The most desirable markets and talented teams will eat up a majority of the top tier free agents. Kings best shot at getting some star power is this offeseason. Especially, with Restricted free agents.

Question: If the Kings can’t get Porter or Mikal in the draft, what are they going to do at the 3? No decent Free agents. JJ does not look anywhere near being a starter

Question: If the Kings can’t get Porter or Mikal in the draft, what are they going to do at the 3? No decent Free agents. JJ does not look anywhere near being a starter
Kyle Anderson is an under the radar SF. He has some upside still and can operate in the point forward too.

Solid, but not spectacular. Coach Popovich likes and trust him in San Antonio.

Trades and free agency are the other options. I think in the right deal many of the Kings players could be available. I think that and the 5 are the two positions the Kings need to add talent. That could change with Giles but at this point we don't know what he is so I don't count him as anything.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Trades and free agency are the other options. I think in the right deal many of the Kings players could be available. I think that and the 5 are the two positions the Kings need to add talent. That could change with Giles but at this point we don't know what he is so I don't count him as anything.
In a move that rocks the entire basketball universe, Kawhi Leonard ends up on the Sacramento Kings.

Sorry the players you named are 25 or ove

r
Well with the way Hezonja has been playing we can get him cheap.