[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (MAR)

So... I have a hot-takey sort of question, now that the Pelicans have won their forty-second game of the season: If DeMarcus Cousins is unable to finish the season, due to injury, but the team he was on had a winning record when he got injured, and that team finishes with a winning record, has he played on a winning team yet?
I'd probably give him credit for playing on a winning team, but with an asterisk to go along with it.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
you misunderstood my post, Davis deferring wasn't the primary reason for the Pelicans record. It played a part but there were a number of reasons.

That score above can't be right....I thought the beatdown by the Hawks earlier in the year was a nightmare but this takes the entire cake. This has to be some type of record of margin of defeat, no?

you misunderstood my post, Davis deferring wasn't the primary reason for the Pelicans record. It played a part but there were a number of reasons.

That score above can't be right....I thought the beatdown by the Hawks earlier in the year was a nightmare but this takes the entire cake. This has to be some type of record of margin of defeat, no?
A. I did not misunderstand your post.
B. Yes, it can be right. And, yes, it is right.

Anyone as surprised as I am to find out that the Houston Rockets have tied their record for most single-season wins in franchise history? I, for sure, thought that they had AT LEAST one 60-win season back in the 90's when they had their nice run...

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I just realized that all three of my favorite players in the league have missed significant time and/or are out for the season...what are the odds :mad:

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Which is stupid because C-Webb should be a HoFer even if he's no longer BFFs with Juwan Howard.
That may be so, but it seems to me like there is a strong sentiment that Webber won't be inducted, deserving or not, until the issues between Michigan and the Fab Five have been reconciled. And, in turn, it also seems as though the primary thing that is holding up that reconciliation is the fact that the Fab Five are not united. And, in turn, the primary obstacle to that unity is that Webber and Jalen Rose (I think you said Howard?) are at odds, because Webber was hurt and offended that Rose called him out for denying his culpability in the scandal.

Basically, what it comes down to is that many of the people who vote, feel as though Webber is dishonest, and they hold it against him. If he wants to get in, he's probably going to go on an "apology tour" and, for better or worse, that's going to have to start with him and Jalen making nice. As a semi-regular listener to Jalen and Jacoby, I happen to know that Rose has repeatedly said that he has repeatedly reached out to Webber, if Webber ever wanted to settle things between them; Webber appears to be the one holding things up.