Malone new head coach! (merged)

So if the players still aren't playing D then it will be time to get rid of some of the players rather than the coach this time, right? I would like to see some of the players finally held accountable.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
If for some reason the players STILL don't play any defense and have not gotten better as a team (rather than individual play) will the coach still be to blame or after 3-4 coaches will the blame shift to the players?

Just curious because most of us (including myself) have blamed the coaching to some extent for the lack of team play and team defense. I was thinking about this last night, and if for some reason the players are still playing the same old way I don't know if I could blame the coaching staff anymore.
Accountability. Don't you love it? Malone said in a KHTK interview today that if the players don't buy into what he's selling, they are out. And he can speak with force, credibility and authority because he is Vivek's guy. Whether the fans are going to blame the players or the coach is irrelevant. Players will be playing on another team if they don't buy in. I feel like I've been waiting a decade for this day.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Accountability. Don't you love it? Malone said in a KHTK interview today that if the players don't buy into what he's selling, they are out. And he can speak with force, credibility and authority because he is Vivek's guy. Whether the fans are going to blame the players or the coach is irrelevant. Players will be playing on another team if they don't buy in. I feel like I've been waiting a decade for this day.
Yep. And most players will buy in. One of the most common complaints about the Kings has been that none of the players felt like they knew what their roles were supposed to be. I don't think that will be a problem with Malone at the helm.