Julius Randle signs with Kentucky:

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Wow, what a pickup for the Wildcats. That gives them four out of the top six ranked highschool players in the country, and 5 out of the top 10. I just spent last night watching 3 highschool games I had recorded and hadn't watched, and Randle was in all three. Don't be surprised if he ends up being the number on pick in next years draft. He's 6'10" and weighs 240 pounds. He has explosive leaping ability and is extremely skilled for his age. He can shoot from 18 feet, or play in the post. He's a good passer and ballhandler, and he's great defender that blocks shots. Here's a highlight video:

[video=youtube_share;HJqaMioXegU]http://youtu.be/HJqaMioXegU[/video]

I was super happy about this. The timing was perfect. He signed the day after the embarrasing loss my Wildcats had to Robert Morris.

It's good for the NBA, too.

Kentucky is bringing in everyone. More reason for WCS/Poythress/Goodwin etc to declare this year.

I don't love Poythress or Goodwin, but those guys are YOUNG. Some team could get a steal with them in the middle of the draft.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
It's good for the NBA, too.

Kentucky is bringing in everyone. More reason for WCS/Poythress/Goodwin etc to declare this year.

I don't love Poythress or Goodwin, but those guys are YOUNG. Some team could get a steal with them in the middle of the draft.
Both are the kind of guys that aren't ready yet, but very talented. Typically they end up sliding down to good teams like the Thunder or Celtics etc. where they don't have any pressure on them, and those teams have the ability to wait for them to develop. The Spurs are a perfect example of that. I'm hoping Willie Cauley-Stein declares because he might be in the Kings range when we pick.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I am hearing that there is even a chance to get Wiggins too!
Its possible. They already have James Young at SF, but he can also play SG, so there would certainly be room for Wiggins. He's about the only top guy left now that Parker and Randle have committed. They get Wiggins, and they might as well just start putting Kentucky's name on the trophy. Of course everyone thought Kentucky would be right back this year. Its tough though when you don't have any returning upper classmen, and particularly tough when you don't have a top PG.

I'm really intrigued with his game (probably the most interesting prospect in his class), looks like he's got a Webber-esque type skillset. He's got to do a lot to become no.1, and Wiggins and Parker would have to disappoint.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I'm really intrigued with his game (probably the most interesting prospect in his class), looks like he's got a Webber-esque type skillset. He's got to do a lot to become no.1, and Wiggins and Parker would have to disappoint.
Interesting you should say that. I was hesitent to compare him to Webber, but just about every scout is making that comparison. At this point in his career, he's already a better jumpshooter than Webber was. But I can certainlly see the comparison. Similar height, explosive leaping ability, good passer, excellent BBIQ, and very good handles for a guy his size. It should be a three man race, and thats no disrespect to the Harrison twins.

I find it heartbreaking how much this guy resembles Webber. What if we got one of the top 4...? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......Randle, Parker, Wiggins, Harrison....any one of those guys would transform us into a playoff team (assuming we get a good PG this draft, if not, we need Harrison).

WCS would be a steal for whoever takes him. He came to UK as someone who might be a 2-year player because this was his first year to entirely focus on B-Ball. (HS wide receiver).

After Noel went down his game began to blossom. He has fantastic hands around the basket and made Ryan Harrow and Julius Mays look a lot better than they actually were. He also learned a lot about defense at UK.

He could be the kind of player that would shine behind a big man on a good team.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
WCS would be a steal for whoever takes him. He came to UK as someone who might be a 2-year player because this was his first year to entirely focus on B-Ball. (HS wide receiver).

After Noel went down his game began to blossom. He has fantastic hands around the basket and made Ryan Harrow and Julius Mays look a lot better than they actually were. He also learned a lot about defense at UK.

He could be the kind of player that would shine behind a big man on a good team.
He's been one of my favorites all year. He still has a lot of upside and is continuing to learn the game.