Former Monarchs PG Ticha Penicheiro to retire at the end of the season

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member

Known for her style and charisma both on and off the court, Penicheiro set the bar tremendously high for point guards in the WNBA. Not only is she the WNBA’s all-time record holder in assists, having led the league in that category an unprecedented seven times, but she will finish her career with the second most steals in league history. Penicheiro was named to the WNBA’s Top 15 players of All-Time in 2011, and over the course of her career has earned two All-WNBA First Team selections, four invitations to the WNBA All-Star Game and honorable mention to the WNBA All-Decade Team. Her crowning achievement came in 2005 when she led the Sacramento Monarchs to win the WNBA Championship.
More here

I don't give a **** what Sue Bird or Lindsay Whelan fans think: Ticha Penicheiro was the greatest PG of all time in the WNBA, and I'll fight anybody who says otherwise. Fair Winds, and Following Seas.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I was VERY excited with KJ's inclusion of the return of the Monarchs as one of the goals. He just keeps putting more ducks in that row.

:)