Tonight's game: More proof why our starting lineup should be...

1 - Thomas
2 - Fredette
3 - Evans
4 - Hickson
5 - Cousins

And before anyone continues Jimmer-bashing, I'd like to point out his stats tonight:
20 Minutes
50% fg shooting (1-2)
2-2 FT's
2-1 assist/TO ratio (Evans with 5/4 and IT with 5/3. His one TO probably should have been a great assist, but Cousins was in lala land and not paying attention)
1 steal and 1 rebound

He's had several games like this now where his numbers - while small sample sizes - have been good. The coaches aren't doing much to boost his confidence or get him going. He is going to find his shot... but when his teammate are ignoring him and he's only getting 2 shots up in a game, it's not helping.

Now, with that said, why this starting lineup makes sense:

1) Some of you will say "that lineup is too small." Okay, really, enough of that BS. The Kings are 29th in the league for PAPG, and 30th in assists. Our defense is at the absolute bottom of the barrel. The answer is not height. It's just not. And recently, it has been the opponent bigs that are killing us. Also, a lot of our defensive woes are a DIRECT result of our offensive woes. Fix the offense, and the defense will improve.

2) This team needs to run plays. We've talked about this a thousand times this season and it's still not happening. Tyreke is turning into a pretty good scoring machine (finally), but HE IS NOT POINT GUARD MATERIAL. IT and Jimmer have proven time and time again to be capable of running the offense. They have made some mistakes, but at this point, we have to take what we can get, and IT/Jimmer have shown the most ability to run plays and set up guys.

3) This lineup makes the most sense in accordance with the habits of our players. Thornton would be a good 6th man off of the bench if the starting guards are not producing offensively. If IT/Jimmer/Reke are sucking it up on offense, put him in and see if he can score - we've seen this year that Thornton has a knack for scoring in pressure situations or in late-game. For Jimmer, if you look at his season shot-chart, it's blatantly obvious that he shoots the ball better in the 1st and 4th quarters (despite getting most of his minutes in the 2nd and 3rd). Let him go out there, hit some shots early, and gain some CONFIDENCE (something this tearm/coaches are not giving him much of a chance to do). If he sucks it up - put in MT or Garcia. Same goes for IT and Reke.
Hickson and Thompson have been inconsistent, but it seems that usually ONE of them is having a decent game. Cousins doesn't have a true replacement right now, so I guess the pressure is gonna be on him to perform. If he's a "star," then it shouldn't be a problem.

Not sure how any of you can argue it at this point - this should be our starting lineup.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
If this were anything but just another embarrassing Jimmer ad after he was awful yet again, we could talk. As it is, you are being patently ridiculous. Jimmer isn't ready or close to ready, and as a team we have to be eagerly awaiting Marcus's return so we can get back to getting productivty out of our SG/SF spots. Thomas can be a good first little guy off the bench if he keeps it up.

And trying to spin 1/2 shooting as 50% shooting and 2 assists to 1 credited turnover to a 2-1 assist/TO ratio is just making me suspicious.

Last edited:
Not sure how any of you can argue it at this point - this should be our starting lineup.
I'm sure how long will you keep posting this until the mods totally ban you for trolling. The stats your using with that line-up is mostly against non-starters. Any given day and any NBA team's starting line-up would eat alive the IT-Jimmer back court.

1 - Thomas
2 - Fredette
3 - Evans
4 - Hickson
5 - Cousins

And before anyone continues Jimmer-bashing, I'd like to point out his stats tonight:
20 Minutes
50% fg shooting (1-2)
2-2 FT's
2-1 assist/TO ratio (Evans with 5/4 and IT with 5/3. His one TO probably should have been a great assist, but Cousins was in lala land and not paying attention)
1 steal and 1 rebound

He's had several games like this now where his numbers - while small sample sizes - have been good. The coaches aren't doing much to boost his confidence or get him going. He is going to find his shot... but when his teammate are ignoring him and he's only getting 2 shots up in a game, it's not helping.

1) Some of you will say "that lineup is too small." Okay, really, enough of that BS. The Kings are 29th in the league for PAPG, and 30th in assists. Our defense is at the absolute bottom of the barrel. The answer is not height. It's just not. And recently, it has been the opponent bigs that are killing us. Also, a lot of our defensive woes are a DIRECT result of our offensive woes. Fix the offense, and the defense will improve.

2) This team needs to run plays. We've talked about this a thousand times this season and it's still not happening. Tyreke is turning into a pretty good scoring machine (finally), but HE IS NOT POINT GUARD MATERIAL. IT and Jimmer have proven time and time again to be capable of running the offense. They have made some mistakes, but at this point, we have to take what we can get, and IT/Jimmer have shown the most ability to run plays and set up guys.

3) This lineup makes the most sense in accordance with the habits of our players. Thornton would be a good 6th man off of the bench if the starting guards are not producing offensively. If IT/Jimmer/Reke are sucking it up on offense, put him in and see if he can score - we've seen this year that Thornton has a knack for scoring in pressure situations or in late-game. For Jimmer, if you look at his season shot-chart, it's blatantly obvious that he shoots the ball better in the 1st and 4th quarters (despite getting most of his minutes in the 2nd and 3rd). Let him go out there, hit some shots early, and gain some CONFIDENCE (something this tearm/coaches are not giving him much of a chance to do). If he sucks it up - put in MT or Garcia. Same goes for IT and Reke.
Hickson and Thompson have been inconsistent, but it seems that usually ONE of them is having a decent game. Cousins doesn't have a true replacement right now, so I guess the pressure is gonna be on him to perform. If he's a "star," then it shouldn't be a problem.

The Jimmer Jockeys rides again.

If anything you've shown that Jimmer should not start yet. I personally think he should be come off the bench until his mental issues seem to go away. He always has an anxious demeanor about him when he's on the floor. He's fully capable - he just needs time and to reduce pressure on himself to let the game come to him. Let him develop at his pace.

Exit Jimmer, insert Donte Greene and you won't have me arguing about much as I think (un-popularly that MT could be our 6th man off the bench and still play major minutes).

And trying to spin 1/2 shooting as 50% shooting and 2 assists to 1 credited turnober to 2-1 assist ratios is just making me suspisious.
Numbers don't lie Brickie! ;)

I'm willing to listen to arguments that Tyreke should not be "the PG" but not ones that he should be a full time 3.

Enough is enough. Get this troll out of here please. Jimmer has been starting the past few games, and he has done almost NOTHING!

OP, that line up is too small. It's undersized at the one, two, three and five. If I were to propose a whacky lineup I'd offer:

1 - Jimmer Fredette
2 - Tyreke Evans
3 - Donte Greene
4 - DeMarcus Cousins
5 - Hassan Whiteside

And that isn't really that whacky because every player at least the right size and tools for the position.

Last edited:
If this were anything but just another embarrassing Jimmer ad after he was awful yet again, we could talk. As it is, you are being patently ridiculous. Jimmer isn't ready or close to ready, and as a team we have to be eagerly awaiting Marcus's return so we can get back to getting productivty out of our SG/SF spots. Thomas can be a good first little guy off the bench if he keeps it up.

And trying to spin 1/2 shooting as 50% shooting and 2 assists to 1 credited turnover to a 2-1 assist/TO ratio is just making me suspicious.
How were his stats bad? It was a small sample size - I acknowledged that already. But how were they bad? If you're calling that an "awful" game, then I think it's clear which one of us is being extremely biased.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
How were his stats bad? It was a small sample size - I acknowledged that already. But how were they bad? If you're calling that an "awful" game, then I think it's clear which one of us is being extremely biased.

Thre were utterly unproductive.

You really need to quit playing this game.

Why don't you ask any coach in the league whether given a choice they would start a guy who gives them 4 points on 1-2 shooting, 2 assists, 1 turnover and not very good defense as part of their regular lineup, together with the 60th pick of the draft, both guys in their rookie season.

Look, Jimmer starting shows that the coaching staff has confidence in him, and we all do here at kingsfans. We want nothing but the best for all our players (other than Salmons). Jimmer is young, he's been doing some good things, and a lot of bad things. It's not really his fault, and none of us are saying it is. He's a rookie who hasn't had much of a training camp, and just had a coaching change.

Can you just please quit with these absurd ideas? They are getting annoying. Just tell me what happens when we play against teams with big players at any of the perimeter positions? What do we do against the Bulls? Can IT guard Rose? Can Jimmer guard Rip Hamilton? How about against Miami? You wanna put Tyreke on Lebron and have Jimmer guard Wade?

Yes, the opposing bigs have been killing us. Let's not let their guards do so too, please.

IMO, if we have to start EITHER rookie guard, we are in trouble.

These games have laid bare the need for Beno, big time.

We're just too thin at the guard positions when either Tyreke or MT are injured or even just having a terrible game.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Troll? I offered my opinion and I gave reasons for it. All you managed to do was personally attack me. Who is the troll?
Here's the deal...I don't think you're a troll. I do, however, think you're a player fan following his favorite player to a new team. And, unfortunately for you, most of us here are more concerned about the name on the front of the jersey over the name on the back.

Do I think Jimmer is talented with a great chance for a good future with the Kings? Oh, hell yes. Do I think he - and a lot of other rookies - have suffered a bit because of the lockout? Missing training camp and most of the pre-season games didn't help anyone but it particularly hurt the new guys,.

Jimmer needs time to develop and fit in. I'm sure he'll do so. What he doesn't need is for people to set the bar so high for him that he's almost doomed before he even wears out his first pair of shoes.

We are Kings fans. We want our rookies to develop and improve and become productive assets to the team we love. It can be a win-win situation all the way around, if you just pull back a little and try and see things from our point of view.

:)

PG: Evans
SG: Thornton
SF: Greene
PF: Hayes
C: Cousins

When all healthy and available of course. Three scorers and two role players. looks pretty balanced to me.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
PG: Evans
SG: Thornton
SF: Greene
PF: Hayes
C: Cousins

When all healthy and available of course. Three scorers and two role players. looks pretty balanced to me.
This. No major size disadvantages and probably our best defensive team. Donte could pretty much do absolutely nothing and still be better than Salmons at this point.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Jimmer needs to find his game. problem is he should be finding it in the d-league not in the NBA. he could benefit from a month in d-league. Maybe Jimmer and Salmons will eventually turn an ankle or something and we don't have to continue to see the worst pg and sf we have had in the last 7 years. If you have watched the kings the last 7 years you know thats pretty bad.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
1 - Thomas
2 - Fredette
3 - Evans
4 - Hickson
5 - Cousins

20 Minutes
50% fg shooting (1-2)
2-2 FT's
1 steal and 1 rebound

Look, there's no bigger fan of Fredette than me. But your seriously doing him a diservice with this nonsense. Instead of promoting him, your turning people against him. Just back off and let things play out. PG is one of the hardest postitions in the NBA to play. Your exposed from every point of view. Jimmer will be just fine, and he's getting some valuable experience, but he's not ready to start yet. So unless your goal is to turn everyone off, then stop with these ridiculous threads.

we're how many games into the season with no training camp, coach change and a compressed schedule? the bar has been set extremely high for this guy. he seems really hesitant on taking shots. i don't know how many times i've seen him throw the ball to salmons or other players for them to take the shot. his assists would be much higher if they made their shots. would we be complaining if he was racking up 6 assists per game? if anything, there should be a thread about salmons and not the rook. our starting sf is getting paid 8 mill to stink it up.