I do believe something's up...

For some reason I get the feeling Petrie's not done after lowballing Sammy D on his contract...I honestly think there's more to that. What's next Geoff??

Edit: Sammy's contract is very reminiscent of Corliss, Circa 1998...is the mastermind Petrie at it again?

Last edited:
I think it is more likely that he just didn't overpay him. Why would you pay someone more than they are worth? Sometimes you just get lucky, and in our case we waited until he had no other options left. The NBA is a business, not a charity.

Yep. Doesnt seem like were locking him in long term either which i feel was in our best interests considering our front court moving forward. Hes in what is his prime keep him around and move forward with this group

Looks like Petrie just saved the Kings more than the $1.5 Million Geoff will take home this season on the Dalembert signing alone (not to mention the bargain basement Travis Outlaw). But what is up his sleeve? I would guess, nothing... unless he can somehow still land AK47 or something. I do not see a lot of improvements the Kings can make from free agency, at least to the starting unit.

paul milsap is up

paul is not playing tonight for utah (against portland)

he's going to sac for some combo to land utah a guard prob the discussed trade

mayo to utah
milsap to kings
jj hickson to memphis

Sean Cunningham: Has announced the kings have cut Adrian Oliver and Lawrence hill; roster is now at 13 players

Utah has enough bigs: ernes kanter, al jeffer, mehmet okur, paul milsap, derrick favors?
They have no depth at the off-guard only alec burks (young, good, but not enough)

Speculation ,at best. When will people realize that the Petrie that once was, is no longer. He just isnt good anymore.
No, not totally true...not when you have bargain basement owners that won't let their GM make legit enough offers to keep all the key pieces in a competitive team as to keep positive momentum going! The time is now dammit!

mayo to utah
milsap to kings
jj hickson to memphis

Sean Cunningham: Has announced the kings have cut Adrian Oliver and Lawrence hill; roster is now at 13 players

Utah has enough bigs: ernes kanter, al jeffer, mehmet okur, paul milsap, derrick favors?
They have no depth at the off-guard only alec burks (young, good, but not enough)
Where are you getting this from?

mayo to utah
milsap to kings
jj hickson to memphis

Like him but he only makes us smaller and not much better defensively. I think I'd rather not for JJ.

mayo to utah
milsap to kings
jj hickson to memphis

Why would Memphis want Hickson in that, doesn't make sense when they have Gasol/Randolph starting. Don't know where this trade was discussed anyway.

Why would Memphis want Hickson in that, doesn't make sense when they have Gasol/Randolph starting. Don't know where this trade was discussed anyway.
I'm calling BS. This is the same poster who said a couple weeks back that Evans was getting traded for Granger. Not to mention the reason his is out tonight is due to him being injured.

Speculation ,at best. When will people realize that the Petrie that once was, is no longer. He just isnt good anymore.
What are you basing that on? He's continued to draft well while making some decent side moves. He's handcuffed by a small market and cheap owners who less than six months ago were actively sabotaging the team and trying to yank it out of the city. As bad as this move is, the Petrie-engineered rebuild is still moving in the right direction.

For some reason I get the feeling Petrie's not done after lowballing Sammy D on his contract...I honestly think there's more to that. What's next Geoff??

Edit: Sammy's contract is very reminiscent of Corliss, Circa 1998...is the mastermind Petrie at it again?
For sure something's up, as had always been the case at this time of the season.

The question is, would it be good for the Kings? Or will it just be that typical lackluster signing that Petrie loves doing for the sake of doing because we needed to fill the roster?

Come on Petrie. Do the easiest thing to do just like you used to do. Just go for Hawes, or Pryzbilla, or Armstrong and call it a day.

What are you waiting for? Don't be shy and pull the trigger.

What are you basing that on? He's continued to draft well while making some decent side moves. He's handcuffed by a small market and cheap owners who less than six months ago were actively sabotaging the team and trying to yank it out of the city. As bad as this move is, the Petrie-engineered rebuild is still moving in the right direction.
I base it on about 9 years of poor decisions.

I'm calling BS. This is the same poster who said a couple weeks back that Evans was getting traded for Granger. Not to mention the reason his is out tonight is due to him being injured.
I did say I heard that evans for granger.

Milsap is not a SF, he's a very good pf
And he is not playing tonight!

We obviously need to establish a better big man tandem petrie admitted it via jason jones about an hour ago

Tone not appreciated

Jason Jones: Geoff Petrie said the Kings looking to add a big man but "it's not a panic situation at all." Added most proven players already signed. Twitter

Jason Jones: Geoff Petrie said the Kings looking to add a big man but "it's not a panic situation at all." Added most proven players already signed. Twitter
As usual, "not a panic situation at all".

There is just no sense of urgency to get the right players with this GM at all. Okay, sit back and relax again just like how we did at the very start. And look where it brought us again. Dalembert ( who a lot of us know we need in this team ) got signed by Houston at a mere $14M/2 years when we have more significant money to offer and get him. If the FO made him feel happy, or at least feel needed and important, maybe he could have been had for $16M/2 years. But, no. We cannot create too much noises. We have to keep the dealing silently. And now we're left behind again and picking the left overs.

It's okay Petrie. You have a lot of relatives in this board to defend your "silent" lackluster performance. They can always put the blame on the owners or we can always just say Sacramento is so ugly nobody wants to come here and play.

Then for the Kings' sake, stop holding the team in Sacramento!!!!!!!!!

I did say I heard that evans for granger.

Milsap is not a SF, he's a very good pf
And he is not playing tonight!

We obviously need to establish a better big man tandem petrie admitted it via jason jones about an hour ago

Tone not appreciated
1st off I asked you where you heard the Evans/Granger rumor and you couldn't provide anything. 2nd I never said Millsap was a SF. 3rd he is not playing tonight because he is injured. 4th I don't appreciate people who just throw out random trade "rumors" that are completely unfounded and flat out false. You said Granger for Evans-wrong. There wasn't 1 rumor out there about that. Then you said Millsap was getting traded here in a 3 team deal-wrong again. Except this time you made it sound like some sort of done deal, yet there is nothing out there regarding any such trade. Either provide some sort of actual info to back up your claims, or even just some semblance of a rumor or don't post your personal speculation as fact. Its bad enough having to stomach this god awful off season without having this crap. If somehow Millsap is traded here I will gladly apologize.;)

Last edited:
I base it on about 9 years of poor decisions.
The guy who took a small-market perpetual lotto team and built a true contender that got one point away from being NBA Champions.

The guy who lost his superstar and centerpiece, retooled on the fly, and kept the team good in the playoffs long after it should've been.

The guy who entered a rebuild and drafted a ROY and guy who looks to be a top-5 (if not top-2) player at the most important and hardest position to fill in the league.

And you want to throw HIM under the bus??

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
As usual, "not a panic situation at all".
Of course, what we really ought to say in public is that we're completely and totally panicked, so we'll do any stupid deal to get a big man! Right? That sound like a good plan?

Then for the Kings' sake, stop holding the team in Sacramento!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, you'll get a lot of support around here for that idea.

Let's just tell everybody we're panicking and then give up and ship the team to Anaheim! Great Strategy! Good thinking, there.

your officially crazy

1st off I asked you where you heard the Evans/Granger rumor and you couldn't provide anything. 2nd I never said Millsap was a SF. 3rd he is not playing tonight because he is injured. 4th I don't appreciate people who just throw out random trade "rumors" that are completely unfounded and flat out false. You said Granger for Evans-wrong. There wasn't 1 rumor out there about that. Then you said Millsap was getting traded here in a 3 team deal-wrong again. Except this time you made it sound like some sort of done deal, yet there is nothing out there regarding any such trade. Either provide some sort of actual info to back up your claims, or even just some semblance of a rumor or don't post your personal speculation as fact. Its bad enough having to stomach this god awful off season without having this crap. If somehow Millsap is traded here I will gladly apologize.;)
1st heard rumor and made it sound as such
2nd was comment for someone else
3rd did not say he wasn't injured
4th rumor was on this forum I thought you might have read it
5 i didn't say milsap was going anywere, said it was mentioned HERE
SAID NO SUCH DEAL,
6th your right about added stress
7th I appologize for the misunderstanding
but your still crazy