Ticha Penicheiro: No Longer in Sacto

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Ticha promised to let us know via facebook and twitter as soon as she agrees to terms (signs?) with another team. It is expected to be soon.

According to Ticha's Facebook account she has signed with the Sparks. She posted this news about five minutes ago.

ESPN is reporting the Connecticut Sun have signed Kara Lawson.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I suddenly find myself mad at the Maloofs all over again. :mad:

Sorry, can't be happy for her; can't wish her well, either. I can't speak for anyone else reading this forum, but I hate the Sparks more than I like Penicheiro. This is heart-wrenching to me, like getting cheated on by your wife.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
I understand, Mr. Slim. I, however, am a bigger fan of Ticha's than my hatred for any team. Now that we have no team here is Sacramento, I'll be a league and player fan. At least, that's what I think will work best for me.

I'm up for a road trip to L.A. since it is the closest WNBA venue for us.

Not surprised that Ticha is going to L.A. How could you not want to play on a team where your starters are Parker, Tina Thompson, DMJ & Lennox? She will rack up assists this year, play close to home, and finish out her career on her terms. Not retiring as a Monarch was not her choice--see spoke about that on several occassions, both before and after the Maloofs threw the Monarchs & Sac fans under the bus.

This is also a different Sparks organization/team--a new coach (I always liked Grandmama), still relatively new ownership group, and no Lisa. I don't like that any of our players are elsewhere, but they are thru no fault of their own. I prefer to save my anger, disgust and "Whatever" for the Maloofs, and wish ALL of our beloved Monarchs good will with their new teams.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Feh; I didn't hate the Sparks because of Leslie. I was decidedly indifferent to Leslie. I hate the Sparks because they are the Los Angeles Sparks.

Reckon I'll be a Dream fan for the duration.

Yup, it will be VERY weird to see her in a Sparks uni, but at least we get to see her play! The Sparks are well...the Sparks and I'll cheer for them to lose every game as long as Ticha racks up some highlight assists!

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Yup, it will be VERY weird to see her in a Sparks uni, but at least we get to see her play! The Sparks are well...the Sparks and I'll cheer for them to lose every game as long as Ticha racks up some highlight assists!

I like that. However, I am going to allow myself to cheer once for the Sparks (on my trip to LA). 1. Because I will be there to support Ticha and, ergo her team. 2. I really hate Seattle too. :D

I like that. However, I am going to allow myself to cheer once for the Sparks (on my trip to LA). 1. Because I will be there to support Ticha and, ergo her team. 2. I really hate Seattle too. :D
That's true, there is something about Seattle that I hate :p

We also got 2 players on Conn, so I'll be watching them more often :)