Miller to Miami?

I think if we wait for 2010 we are gonna be left high and dry, the stars are gonna wanna go to big market big city teams. If we can't pick up boozer this next FA is might be wise to pick up 1,2, or depending on whether a trade free's up major cap space 3 2nd tier stars such as Crawford, Turkoglu, Lee..ect. I honestly see Turkoglu back in a Kings uniform at the start of next year. He will take a bit of our cap but it will still leave us with enough to sign just about anyone we want, unless its like a 20 mil contract for Kobe, which we aren't getting anyways.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Boozer is already on the downside of his career. He's not worth a max contract anyways. And he gets hurt alot.

Hedo is worth up to 9-10 and Lee wants 10-11. Neither are the "superstar" but are good role players. The rest are too old or not worth more than the MLE.

Ariza is nice and Petrie made a play for him a few off seasons ago, but again they are MLE players at this point.

So really the 2009 FA is crap. Better off trading for a player that expires in 2010 and taking a chance to resign them or sign and trade.
Ahhh, Boozer just turned 27 years old. Same age as Cisco. Just sign him and I'll supply the Gerital.

Carmichael Dave just elaborated. He's got a feeling too. He can't explain it, but he's got a weird feeling that Amare is coming to the Kings.

Miller and Salmons for Marion would be great. Hawes and Thompson both start, Marion is a stopgap at SF for the rest of the season. It cuts into available minutes for Garcia and Greene, but only temporarily.

Miller and Salmons for Marion would be great. Hawes and Thompson both start, Marion is a stopgap at SF for the rest of the season. It cuts into available minutes for Garcia and Greene, but only temporarily.
Salmons and Miller is too much to give up for Marion....we could probably steal away a pick or a young player for Salmons, with the way he's been playing.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Carmichael Dave just elaborated. He's got a feeling too. He can't explain it, but he's got a weird feeling that Amare is coming to the Kings.

Hah...That'd be nice. Amare is what, 26? Fits with rebuilding.

But who would we have to give up to get a piece like that? Martin? Hawes?

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat

Something like that. this whole thing of swapping Miller out and landing Amare...uh...no.

Actually I don't even like Amare. He's got an absolutely amazingly big ego and you get the feeling he is actually an active cancer on that team. Nor do I think he is a true make-everybody-better superstar type guy. But the talent is special, and he plays the game at the same pace as Kevin. there would be synergy there that you just can't ignore and the potential for two 25ppg type run and chuck scorers. But would the Suns really trade him in division?

I will say this...find me a way to nab Amare and Gerald Wallace, using our older guys, our FA money, and whatever picks might be needed while somehow protecting Hawes/Thompson, and I would sign on to this crew:

C- Hawes
PF- Amare
SF- Wallace
SG- Martin
PG- Udrih

6th- Cisco
7th- Thompson
8th- Brown?
9th- Greene

I can't believe I'm saying this now, but I'd part with Martin before I traded Hawes. Hawes has blown me away this year. "Unathletic, white-stiff" my ***. Well, ok, he's white.

Martin is great, but Hawes has one thing Martin doesn't, and will never have. Spencer Hawes is a leader. He's got just enough cocky and confidence in himself to lead a team, without being a complete jerk.

Book it, Spencer Hawes is going to be the future (and maybe not that far off) leader of the Kings. Kevin Martin is like Bibby - no matter how often he says he wants to be the team leader, he never will be.

Leaders don't talk about wanting to be leaders; they just lead.

Funny, I had a way of landing those 2 in my association. Now if we could only replicate it in real life... Something like a Salmons, Thomas, Douby and Houston's pick?

Edit:
I think if we somehow signed a UNC player, we might be able to get Wallace from the Cats.

Last edited:

gunks

Hall of Famer
Something like that. this whole thing of swapping Miller out and landing Amare...uh...no.

Actually I don't even like Amare. He's got an absolutely amazingly big ego and you get the feeling he is actually an active cancer on that team. Nor do I think he is a true make-everybody-better superstar type guy. But the talent is special, and he plays the game at the same pace as Kevin. there would be synergy there that you just can't ignore and the potential for two 25ppg type run and chuck scorers. But would the Suns really trade him in division?

I will say this...find me a way to nab Amare and Gerald Wallace, using our older guys, our FA money, and whatever picks might be needed while somehow protecting Hawes/Thompson, and I would sign on to this crew:

C- Hawes
PF- Amare
SF- Wallace
SG- Martin
PG- Udrih

6th- Cisco
7th- Thompson
8th- Brown?
9th- Greene
That sure is a pretty lineup. Still some questionable D... But that group would score. Probably a second round exit squad with room to improve (the growth of Hawes, Thompson, and Greene).

We'd still need a PG, Beno is the obvious weak link in that starting five.

It might be doable.... Sans our youngins and Kevin, I think the only players teams may want from us (in order of value) are Salmons, Miller, and Garcia. We'd probably have to throw in picks and maybe one of Greene or Brown.

I doubt we'd get past the Lakers but still.....That team would be damn fun to watch.

Last edited:
If we truly have a chance to get Amare, then we need to get him at almost no expense. How many other big men shoot 60% from the floor, 80% from the line, and get you 25 ppg and 10 rebs? He would solve so many problems for us instantly and I believe it would be easier to attract a quality free agent to our city if he was on the team.

If we truly have a chance to get Amare, then we need to get him at almost no expense. How many other big men shoot 60% from the floor, 80% from the line, and get you 25 ppg and 10 rebs? He would solve so many problems for us instantly and I believe it would be easier to attract a quality free agent to our city if he was on the team.
While I agree, the only asset I would resist giving 100% is Hawes.

I'd deal Martin and/or Thompson potentially in the right deal. But Hawes is gonna be the 2nd or 3rd best player in his draft class and their some serious talent there in his class.

Get Amare in a Kings Uniform NOW

Trade everybody other than Hawes and Martin. I would not mind tradg even Thompson. Amare is a one of a kind player and ifwe have a Amare and KMart combo with Hawes, we have a Bright BRIGHT future, get a SF or PG in the draft, and pick up the other spot in FA, and by next year, we are bak in business.

I'd love to have Amare, but quite frankly I'd like to see how he does without Nash for a full season before I clean house to get him. Obviously a great athlete but I wanna see if he can dominate on his own

Amare can definately dominate on his own. In his first year,he had Marbury on his team and as a rookie, he did reallly well. He changed teh game verssus the Kings when they almost beat him, in Overtime and the 4th quarter when it mattered. This guy is hte real deal,and this is hte Sacramento Kings best chance to go get him.

I'd love to have Amare, but quite frankly I'd like to see how he does without Nash for a full season before I clean house to get him. Obviously a great athlete but I wanna see if he can dominate on his own
Well this is a catch 22. If you wait and see how he does and he does very well, then he likely will be off the market and we wouldn't get him. The only reason why there is even the slightest chance that he is available now is because he ISN'T fitting in and we would have to "gamble" that he would fit in with us.

I just really don't see the Suns giving him up. What are they going to do, throw the ball to Shaq every possession? Like the previous poster said, Amare is a one of a kind player and I doubt the Suns trade him for anything that we currently have.

I do hope I am proven wrong though.

Amare can definately dominate on his own. In his first year,he had Marbury on his team and as a rookie, he did reallly well. He changed teh game verssus the Kings when they almost beat him, in Overtime and the 4th quarter when it mattered. This guy is hte real deal,and this is hte Sacramento Kings best chance to go get him.
You seem to have an issue with the word "the." :)

The best chance of the Kings to grab Amare is through a 3- Way trade involving Brad Miller, John Salmons, and/or Greene, Houston 1st Round Pick, Douy, Shelden, Moore.
Brad probably wont be the guy going to Pheonix, John Salmons being more likely and the other young guys.

Amare is one of my favorite players in the NBA and if the Kings could grab him, KMart, Hawes, and Amare would be unbelievable, along with a high first round pick

Taken From:http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=10801

Miami HEAT:
The HEAT have started the process with Shawn Marion, and are gauging his value on the open market. Shawn's ending contract could give Miami flexibility in the off-season. Flexiblity was the game plan coming into the season, but with Marion's number being significantly off his career averages at 12.3 points, 9.3 rebounds and 1.9 assists per game this season and the HEAT hovering at .500 the club is entertaining the idea of moving Marion. It seems the Kings are at least pondering the idea of a Marion for Brad Miller swap which might include Kenny Thomas. While the Knicks have a standing offer of Stephon Marbury for Marion straight up which really isn't moving Miami towards a deal. It seems with each passing day that it is far more likely Marion is moved before the February 19th deadline. The deal would have to return a legitimate starting caliber double-double type center according to league sources or Miami will hold on to Marion and go shopping this summer.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I guess I'm a little confused as to why the Suns would want to move Amare. Shaq is old and getting older, and is not the future. Nash is old and getting older and not the future. So why would you get rid of the one young star that you have to bring in Marion, whose old and getting older and certainly not the future.

Something just doesn't smell right to me. Don't get me wrong, I'll take him. But I was born in Missouri, the show me state.

On the other hand, if the Heat want to trade Marion to us for Miller and Thomas, I would do it.

On the other hand, if the Heat want to trade Marion to us for Miller and Thomas, I would do it.
+1.

I mean, I don't get to watch much Kings basketball so I wouldn't have to see Marion's sinfully disgusting shot, but he's off the books, and mercifully, so is KT. In fact, do it now, so that we can then move Marion at the deadline for youth/picks.
Question is, how would Marion's arrival doom PT for the kids? Additionally, would Theus get the fool notion that we are now a playoff team again and further eschew youth development?

bajaden

Hall of Famer
+1.

I mean, I don't get to watch much Kings basketball so I wouldn't have to see Marion's sinfully disgusting shot, but he's off the books, and mercifully, so is KT. In fact, do it now, so that we can then move Marion at the deadline for youth/picks.
Question is, how would Marion's arrival doom PT for the kids? Additionally, would Theus get the fool notion that we are now a playoff team again and further eschew youth development?
Hard to say with Reggie. One would assume that Hawes would become the starting center. That would leave either Moore or Thompson as the starting PF. However, that would put Salmons back on the bench with Marion starting at the SF. We all know how good Salmons is off the bench.

Knowing Reggie, he would probably start Hawes at center but have Marion playing PF with Moore the first player off the bench. Therefore dooming Thompson and Greene's minutes.

C- Hawes
PF- Amare
SF- Wallace
SG- Martin
PG- Udrih

6th- Cisco
7th- Thompson
8th- Brown?
9th- Greene
Now that's a good crew. Remember, the Suns had interest in Salmons in the past. Maybe somehow we package him to them with whatever we get for Miller.

Now how do we get my boy Wallace back? Never should have lost him but that's a discussion we already had. By the way, how could anyone have taken one look at him play early on and not seen a future great player? Still boggles me.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
I think Amare isn't the guy for us at PF. His D is just, well bad. His rebounding isn't much better and he isn't the type of guy you can center your offense around either.

Marion I'd take. That would be a nice contract to have coming off the books next year. That and I think he'd be a good SF/PF to put next to Kevin and Spencer.

I think Amare isn't the guy for us at PF. His D is just, well bad. His rebounding isn't much better and he isn't the type of guy you can center your offense around either.

Marion I'd take. That would be a nice contract to have coming off the books next year. That and I think he'd be a good SF/PF to put next to Kevin and Spencer.
He is exactly the guy teh kings would like. Exciting, learning to create on his own this year, rebounds pretty well, and seems like a good counter part to Spencer in the frontcourt.

Amare and Kmart would be a sick combination, add one more piece in teh FA and 1 more in the draft, and we got ourselves a great, bright future with lots of offense, and the players we pick up in draft and FA will be more defensvie players than offensive, such as teh Gerald Wallace, and with our high pick, some point guard thats better than Beno.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Lets assume for 1 second that Miami indeed takes Miller and thomas for Marion. Where does that put salmons? I mean we would have a log jam of SF's. Marion, Salmons, Greene and Garcia of course Garcia plays SG mostly.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Ok Bricklayer this is for you. I works on ESPN trade machine

To Miami
Brad Miller
Kenny Thomas

To Pheonix
Shawn Marion

To Charolette
Quincy Douby
John Salmons

To Sacramento

Gerald Wallace
Amare Stoudamire

That leaves the kings lineup as you suggested

Miami gets its Center
Phx gets its Marion
Sac gets its playoff caliber team
Char gets a scorer for the oft shopped Wallace

Not sure what Char is looking to get for Wallace but, I know they have looked to move him the past 2 seasons.

Kings lineup as Brick mentioned

Beno
Martin
Wallace
Amare
Hawes

bench
Thompson
Cisco
Bobby
Greene
Moore

This trade Saves us almost 2 mil this year. Hmm thats precisly what we would pay Mikki if we released him after the season.

I guess I'm a little confused as to why the Suns would want to move Amare. Shaq is old and getting older, and is not the future. Nash is old and getting older and not the future. So why would you get rid of the one young star that you have to bring in Marion, whose old and getting older and certainly not the future.

Something just doesn't smell right to me. Don't get me wrong, I'll take him. But I was born in Missouri, the show me state.

Lots of talk that he is uncoachable and a major problem in the locker room. Second, his knee is unchartered territory. Yes its good now, but for how long? Microfracture, they basically make a bunch of small holes (hence the name) on the bone to create tissue that helps cushion the knee like cartlidge. Nobody knows how long till he needs it again.

http://orthopedics.about.com/od/hipknee/a/microfracture.htm

Does microfracture work well?

Yes, but there is more to it! Microfracture can be an excellent procedure, providing substantial pain relief when done in the right patient. One of the concerns with microfracture is that it does not stimulate the growth of normal joint cartilage. There are many types of cartilage, and one of these types (hyaline cartilage) is normally found on the joint surface. Microfracture stimulates the growth of a type of cartilage commonly found in scar tissue (fibrocartilage). Unlike hyaline cartilage, fibrocartilage does not have the same strength and resiliency of cartilage normally found in a joint. Therefore, there is a chance that the cartilage stimulated by a microfracture procedure will not stand up over time.

Lots of talk that he is uncoachable and a major problem in the locker room. Second, his knee is unchartered territory. Yes its good now, but for how long? Microfracture, they basically make a bunch of small holes (hence the name) on the bone to create tissue that helps cushion the knee like cartlidge. Nobody knows how long till he needs it again.
It is a question mark, but he has been playing fine for a while now. It seems to be a bigger problem for athletes when it happens later in a career, when they are less able to heal. Younger athletes seem to be responding much better to microfracture, although it obviously is still something you worry a little about. Don't forget our own Spencer Hawes has already had microfracture surgery himself.

entity said:
To Pheonix
Shawn Marion
Not gonna happen. The Suns aren't going to do a deal for just cap space, because Marion wouldn't stay with the Suns. He whined his way off the Suns in the first place. You just don't trade Amare for cap space alone, even if he is grumbling that he will leave in free agency in 2010. Even we got more than just cap space for a disgruntled Artest, and he isn't a talented big who is still relatively young. If it ended up that all they could get for him was junk, they would hang on to him and hope to get in on a sign & trade deal with Stoudemire in 2010 since they would be able to sign him to the biggest contract.

It is fun to imagine Amare on this team, but it is so unlikely that it seems silly to even discuss. It certainly isn't going to happen via trade unless we are giving up a lot of young talent and/or picks in the process. The closest chance we would have is 2010, and obviously those chances are slim as it is.

As far as the Miller to Miami stuff...it does make some sense. From what I have read from some Heat fans, they are pretty opposed to a straight Miller/Marion swap though. Marion is a pretty valuable commodity these days with the large expiring and the fact that he could help a contending team. Miller could be a decent fit for them, but I think they are going to hold out and see what other offers come their way. It is pretty likely that they would want to unload a bad contract of their own in Banks, or get something else in return. A three-way deal with us involved could make that more likely to happen.

Last edited: