Sacramento, Indiana Closing in on Deal?

I found this in a Kings group on Myspace and was posted by "robbie."

http://draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?a=1402

The Sacramento Kings and Indiana Pacers are in advanced discussions revolving a trade that would send Bonzi Wells to the Pacers to replace the firepower lost from Peja Stojakovic’s departure to New Orleans. The reported trade would send Jeff Foster and one of our overseas targets from last year, Sarunas Jasikevicius, to Sacramento in a sign and trade for Bonzi Wells.

Nice find. A sign and trade with Wells for a banger down low and a 6-4 backup PG.

Makes sense. I'd do it. Foster is a beast!

But how credible is the source (draftexpress.com)? And do the Pacers REALLY want to deal with us again after the Artest heist?

Foster a beast? I don't like this at all. Petrie we don't need more fire power. We need some bleeping defense, please.
Do your homework, KingKong.

He's a 6-11 rebounding beast with a defense-first attitude. Helps out the frontcourt BIG TIME.

Averaged a career-high 9.1 rpg in 2005-06
Ranked third in NBA with 3.61 offensive rebounds per game

I don't see why we'd want Jasikevicious. He's not a good defender and his offense isn't that good either. Foster always gets injured even though he's a good post defender. Why would we want these 2 guys? Are we closing in on a deal that will ship out Mike/Brad? We still wouldn't have a shotblocker, but Foster is atleast a good rebounder and a good defender.

Is Kevin Martin's growth as a player the reason why we do this deal if at all, BMiller52? I always enjoy reading your take on this kind of stuff.

If this trade goes down, it's probably because Petrie doesn't want to give Wells a fat contract when we already have a rising star in Martin who can start right now at a much cheaper price, and I imagine we'd be getting two players for the price of what you'd pay one (Bonzi).

By the way... this is my 100th post. God Bless Kingsfans.com! :D

Last edited:
wow... what a depressing trade. trade an instrumental player from a play off team for a back-up center and a 29yo pg. Petries on crack. mine as well trade Artest for Kenyon Martin.

Well heck if Robbie at My Space said it... oh never mind it's too late and Im too tired for both barrels of sarcasam.
It's not that he said it. I just wanted to give credit to him for finding the article first and not making it look like I was the person who found it first. :)

While I like Foster and Sarunas, I would MUCH rather keep Bonzi.

Foster is a good rebounder and thats about it. He no offence to speak of and he is not a shot blocker. Sarunas is a great shooter and is a decent play maker but he sucks defensively. I could see how we are interested in those guys but I cannot believe we would give up on Bonzi that easily.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I really hope this does not happen.

Foster is good at what he does, which is what we need, but that doesnt make him worth Bonzi Wells.

Sarunas...Well, we just got our backup PG who's best skill is shooting...Why would we stunt the growth of our 22 year-old rookie with a 29 year-old second-year player? Douby's cieling is so much heigher than Sarunas' that I don't want to waste time stunting his growth with bringing him in.

I mean honestly...If we were to get someone back I want someone with upside.

My Indiana trade.

Bonzi Wells/Cisco Garcia For Jeff Foster/Danny Granger

You have to give a little to get a little, Indiana.

PG:Bibby/Douby/Price
SG:Martin/Granger
SF:Artest/Granger
PF:Thomas/SAR/Foster
C: Miller/Foster

PG: Tinsley/Johnson/Cisco
SG: Bonzi/Cisco/Sarunas
SF: Jackson/Daniels/Cisco
PF: O'Neal/???
C: Harrison/???

Not sure about Saras, haven't thought much of him so far. Hopefully he adjusts to the NBA better his 2nd season. But I'll definitely take Foster. Guy is a great rebounder, hustles, tough, good defender. Would need one more big after him, aka a shotblocker, which if this deal was gonna be done in a few days, still plenty of time to get one in trade or through FA.

Overall? I'd be pretty mixed on the trade. If Bonzi is too much for us, then he is. But not sure if this is really that good of value. Would rather get AJ instead of Saras.

if any of this is true Wells must really want to go back to Indiana. Its a s+t and were getting the crap end of the deal, cuz otherwise Wells just walks. Foster would be an ok acquisition, but it really seems that this trade is pluging holes to just plug holes.

Last edited:
I'd rather keep Bonzi, but I'm not going to second guess Petrie.
Who knows...Dr. J(sorry, no one else said it:D) but he plays damn hard and shoots decent %'s, and is a lot more experienced than most Euro's, and he's clutch, as well...and its not like we would be asking him to come in and play 30 minutes a game. Foster is a banger and brings energy, but he needs to stay healthy, which he hasn't done in recent years...bottom line: I'd rather do this trade and take a calculated risk than lose Bonzi for nothing.

I don't like this deal unless Brad is moved. Losing Bonzi for a BACKUP center is not something I look forward to. Foster would be a great starter, but Brad has that job. He's too slow to play PF, so unless this is with moving Brad as well, I don't like it at all. Foster can play the boards real well, and he's a pretty good defender too. Sign and trade for Foster then trade Brad + Kenny for anyone with worth.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Well the speculation in Indy has been that Sarunas Jasikevicius is likely to go back to Europe so if there is any meat in this story at all the Kings would be loosing a scrappy rebounder, defender and low post player in exchange for a rebounding big man who playes some interior D (remember Indy started Foster over Brad a few times back in the day) and if Jasikevicius goes home then the Kings get a little salery cleard up. But in general this trade proposal makes little sense to me.

What is MORE likely is that Bonzi's agent is leaking stories to give his client some bargaining room since NO other theam has matched the Kings offer.

Last edited:
IF this true, I'd think it's because Bonzi wants to go there and its a trade that just happens to fill a need. That need? Turning us into the Sacramento Pacers!

And if its true, well. Sarunas and Foster make 9.2 million combinded next year. That means Bonzi is probably getting a 5 year 50 million dollar deal! That is insane and I don't believe it.

Fresno King said:
Is Kevin Martin's growth as a player the reason why we do this deal if at all, BMiller52? I always enjoy reading your take on this kind of stuff.

If this trade goes down, it's probably because Petrie doesn't want to give Wells a fat contract when we already have a rising star in Martin who can start right now at a much cheaper price, and I imagine we'd be getting two players for the price of what you'd pay one (Bonzi).

By the way... this is my 100th post. God Bless Kingsfans.com! :D

I don't know. There are a couple reasons it might happen but I don't really like who we're getting back(Foster's cool but Sarunas is bad). Kevin's on a cheap contract and he's going to be a very good player so that could be a reason. Another is if Bonzi really was insulted by our original offer(not sure why he would be, it's fair IMO) and he's homesick it might just be getting something instead of nothing back for him. I think that if it does happen and we do get Foster that Miller might be traded, I mean it doesn't really make sense to have 4 guys at PF/C that can't block a shot.

Do your homework, KingKong.

He's a 6-11 rebounding beast with a defense-first attitude. Helps out the frontcourt BIG TIME.

Averaged a career-high 9.1 rpg in 2005-06
Ranked third in NBA with 3.61 offensive rebounds per game
I'm well aware Foster is a good rebounder and a hustle player, but injuries to him have kept him out 40 games the last two years. And can you imagine a frontline of Brad Miller and Jeff Foster? Teams would be walking all over us. If we were to trade Miller that's fine, but to give up Bonzi for an injury prone center and inexperienced pg is far from a good deal.

Last edited:
KT won't like that, neither would SAR. ;)

I'd love to see us deal KT for Etan Thomas...

Etan/SAR/Brad/Foster - I'd definitely dig that front-court. Offense and defense, then have 1 or 2 of the SL guys for the third men.

KT won't like that, neither would SAR. ;)

I'd love to see us deal KT for Etan Thomas...

Etan/SAR/Brad/Foster - I'd definitely dig that front-court. Offense and defense, then have 1 or 2 of the SL guys for the third men.

That would be sweet. Tough as nails between Etan and Jeff.