Sasha signed!!!

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I was hoping for 3 year deal to secure Bird rights. I think that is huge even if it comes down to a trade later. All in all, we only had to wait a year for this guy and he should be able to contribute far better than the average second rounder ever does.
(also much more expensive than average second rounder, memo to the Vivek is cheap crowd)

We need to address our rebounding problems. Anyone left who can help us with that?
Agree. Dominick Barlow averaged 4.1 offesnive rebounds per 36 minutes last year as a 19 year old rookie for the Spurs, he's restricted, could we bid on him? He's 6'9" just turned 20, 7'2 1/2 wingpsan and he can switch out defensively on the perimeter n guard in a stance.

Those Kings fans who saw this game at the start of April will surely remember him as he played amazing.

Who knows tho if its even possible for the Kings to put an offer out there that the Spurs dont instantly match, probably not.. Nevertheless Barlow is actually quite an excellent darkhorse answer

Last edited:

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Man, we're about to hit a bazillion 3s per game next season.
While that will make @Mr. S£im Citrus pull out whatever hair he has left after the last couple of decades, as long as we can hit them at a decent clip I'm more than OK with that. Suck the defense in to the lane then kick out for the open 3 or a drive to the hoop.

gunks

Hall of Famer
While that will make @Mr. S£im Citrus pull out whatever hair he has left after the last couple of decades, as long as we can hit them at a decent clip I'm more than OK with that. Suck the defense in to the lane then kick out for the open 3 or a drive to the hoop.
I mean, he'll have Domas as a nightly contender for BMotN, so he can't TOTALLY tune out!

Man, we're about to hit a bazillion 3s per game next season.
I would like to point out that Sasha is absolutely deadly from mid range, guarded, catch and shoot, or off the dribble. My gut says that while the league falls more and more in love with the three point shot, Monte is quietly moving to the next iteration of the game: a 3 level attack. The past five years or so it's been a lot of motion, three point, drive and kick, etc., while the mid range has become a bit passe.

The second I saw Sasha hit a catch and shoot midrange while twisting in the air and facing up perfectly square using his legs as gyroscopic rudders... a light bulb went off. Folks may remember I kind of freaked out about that and posted a 4-screen-shot analysis of that play.

It's not lost on me that the two kids we just drafted are decent mid-range shooters as well.

Vezenkov is about to get value from just standing on the floor... He's become devastating at attacking closeouts.. I dont think that was quite in his bag way back all those years ago when he was being evaluated to be drafted, feel like he was quite a bit more stationary.

This is gonna be fun...

I want to actually go and find some old highlights of him before that draft..

Oh.. This is him from 2015 he's 19 years old.. Didn't get drafted til 2017.. these are good..

I am unabashedly biased towards lefties, I can honestly say I always liked the footage of him back in the day.. I've said often the Kings seem to get players I liked in certain drafts, n Vezenkov is certainly one of them. I used to sit on some forums n make posts about him then like I do with the draftees now.

I can recall thinking "If Doug McDermott is a lottery pick, this lefty sharpshooter should damn sure be able to get drafted"

Last edited:
Vezenkov is about to get value from just standing on the floor... He's become devastating at attacking closeouts.. I dont think that was quite in his bag way back all those years ago when he was being evaluated to be drafted, feel like he was quite a bit more stationary.

This is gonna be fun...

I want to actually go and find some old highlights of him before that draft..

Oh.. This is him from 2015 he's 19 years old.. Didn't get drafted til 2017.. these are good..

I am unabashedly biased towards lefties, I can honestly say I always liked the footage of him back in the day.. I've said often the Kings seem to get players I liked in certain drafts, n Vezenkov is certainly one of them. I used to sit on some forums n make posts about him then like I do with the draftees now.

I can recall thinking "If Doug McDermott is a lottery pick, this lefty sharpshooter uld damn sure be able to get drafted"
Some nice rebounding highlights mixed in....can get after the glass

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
How incorrect/reductionist would it be to say Vezenkov basically has Keegan's game, but with more "wiggle?" That's the view I get from watching highlights.
If his style is similar to any Kings player, it's probably Kevin Huerter. Really good off-ball movement shooter. Probably going to be Domas's new go-to for DHO nuke plays. The thing about Vezzy is he's like three inches taller than Huerter and has a little more iso oomph to his game with his back-to-the-basket stuff. That all said, Sasha's style is really unique and above all else it's going to be his Ray Allen shooting stroke that'll make the biggest impact for us.

How incorrect/reductionist would it be to say Vezenkov basically has Keegan's game, but with more "wiggle?" That's the view I get from watching highlights.
I think it's a good comp. He's an elite off-ball player and would excel in the same role we saw Keegan in last year. Vezenkov has a little bit of a post-up/mid range game that he might get a chance to show off with the second unit.

I hope he brings a Joe Ingles level of toughness and contribution…..and by that, I mean the Ingles from 5 years a go and not the injured version. Seems like he and a jump by Keegan are the keys to improvement, no?
He's not going to be anywhere near the same level of defender as Ingles was, but he's going to bring toughness for sure.

Mike Brown has got to be salivating right now at the thought of training camp, and that's before seeing what else we may do before that.

I could be biased but watching the vids it seems he can shoot anywhere from the court and his shooting range is ridiculous. He has no wasted movement or excess motion and because of that, his shots are lightning quick. He’ll be the defenders' nightmare when he gets hot hands. I have no doubt Sabonis just doubled his reach with the addition of Sasha and Chris.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
I could be biased but watching the vids it seems he can shoot anywhere from the court and his shooting range is ridiculous. He has no wasted movement or excess motion and because of that, his shots are lightning quick. He’ll be the defenders' nightmare when he gets hot hands. I have no doubt Sabonis just doubled his reach with the addition of Sasha and Chris.
And there's even a post game in there. Basically, a lot of the exact things you want to see out of Keegan as a scorer, Sasha has already. This could be a very good player for Keegan to model his game after.

And there's even a post game in there. Basically, a lot of the exact things you want to see out of Keegan as a scorer, Sasha has already. This could be a very good player for Keegan to model his game after.
That for sure would elevate Keegan's game to the next level. On the other hand, I'm worried about the offense too much centered around Sabonis. Wondering if Sasha could create his own shot.