Baja Den's way too early, worthless 2023 mock draft:

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Way to early and worthless because my final mock draft for 2023 is unlikely to look anything like this one. But this one is fun because I can pretty much slot players where I want because it's all about potential, and this draft is loaded with potential. It's probably one of the deepest drafts at the top that I've seen in a long time. But, they still have to play the games and so far all I've been able to do is watch a lot of highschool basketball and of course a lot of the opening day games which for the most part were against poor competition.

1. Victor Wembanyama: C/PF/SF/?, 7'4", 215 Lb's, 7'8" Wingspan,
Freak of nature who is loaded with talent. Surprising good athlete with great coordination for a player that's 7'4". He's the real deal.

2. Scoot Henderson: PG, 6'3", 195 Lb's, G-League Ignite.
Was a man amongst boys last season in G-League Ignite at age 17. Terrific athlete who has Fox like speed and quickness. Needs to improve his 3 pt shot.

3. Cam Whitmore: SF, 6'7", 220 Lb's, Freshman, Villanova.
Knows how to play. Elite athlete who loves to attack the basket. Has an NBA body and is a very good defender with a terrific motor.

4. Nick Smith: SG/PG, 6'4", 185 Lb's, Freshman, Arkansas.
Smith is a 3 level scorer who has a very relaxed 3 pt shot. He has a quick first step, and can get anywhere he wants on the court. Just a smooth offensive player.

5. Jarace Walker: PF, 6'8", 235 Lb's, 7'2" Wingspan, Freshman, Houston.
I love Walker! Freak athlete with a non stop motor. He has a strong NBA body who will bully his way to the basket. Needs to improve his 3 pt shot, but has a good Mid-range. He's a ESPN highlight dunker. He impacted every game I saw him in. Love, love the kid.

6. Amen Thompson: PG/SG/ SF, 6'7", 190 Lb's, 6'11" Wingspan, Overtime Elite.
Freak athlete with elite handles. Don't know his vertical, but his head is above the basket when he dunks. Good and unselfish passer. Good and willing defender. His 3 pt shot is a work in progress, and in my mock, it's what keeps him from being the 3 rd pick in the draft.

7. Cason Wallace: PG/SG, 6'4", 185 Lb's, Freshman, Kentucky.
I probably have him higher than most, but I love his game. Terrific defendeer, can score from anywhere on the floor. Good handles and a very good passer.

8. Dariq Whitehead: SG, 6'6", 196 Lb's, 6'9" Wingspan, Freshman, Duke.
He's recovering from a broken wrist, but is a smooth athlete, who has turned himself into a good 3 pt shooter.Playes above the rim and is a good defender.

9. Keyonte George: PG, 6'4", 205 Lb's, Freshman, Baylor.
Explosive athlete with a lot of herky/jerky movement that keeps defenders off balance. Good shooter and excellent finisher. More of a score first PG.

10. G. G. Jackson: SF, 6'9", 210 Lb's, Freshman, South Carolina.
Explosive athlete who plays above the rim. Good shooter who can create his own shot. Lightning quick first step. Was unguardable at the highschool level.

11. Brandon Miller: SF, 6'9", 200 Lb's, Freshman, Alabama.
Another elite athlete. Plays above the rim. Has good midrange, and can shoot the three. Able to guard multiple positions. Could go much higher than this!

12. Ausar Thompson: SF/SG, 6'7", 190 Lb's, 6'11" Wingspan, Overtime Elite.
Ausar is just a slightly poorer version of his brother. He's probably a tad better 3 pt shooter, but isn't the passer his brother is. Terrific athlete though.

13. Anthony Black: SF, 6'7", 185 Lb's, Freshman, Arkansas.
Black is a very good player. Very skilled. Excellent passer, who probably looks to pass first a little too much. Beautiful looking jumpshot. Excellent ball handler who is crafty enough to get where he wants on the court. Not an elite athlete, but very good athlete. I like Black a lot.

14. Dillon Mitchell: SF, 6'7", 195 Lb's, Freshman, Texas.
Another ESPN highlight dunker. His jumpshot is a work in progress, but he has great potential. Shows the potential to be a good defender. Needs to work on his shot creation as well.

15. Arthur Kaluma: SF, 6'7", 220 Lb's, 6'11" Wingspan, Soph, Creighton.
Another terrific athlete. Very physical player who plays taller than he is. His 3 pt shot is improving. Very good rebounder in traffic. Good defender with excellent lateral quickness. Could go much higher than 15.

16. Baba Miller: SF/PF, 6'11", 205 Lb's, 7'2" Wingspan, Freshman, Florida St.
Miller is one of those players that grew from 6'2" to 6'11" over the span of a couple of years, and he's retained most of his guard skills. Excellent ballhandler for his size. Needs to improve his 3 pt shot. Decent rebounder, and is able to guard multiple positions. Could probably play some center when he gets stronger.

17. Kel'el Ware: C, 7'0", 215 Lb's, Freshman, Oregon.
My first pure center off the board. Ware is a good post player with good footwork and a good touch at the basket. He's shown the ability to step out and spread the floor, as well as some passing ability. He's a good rim protector, and an excellent athlete who runs the floor well. He could be something special if he puts in the work.

18. Jordan Walsh: SF, 6'7", 190 Lb's, 7'3" Wingspan, Freshman, Arkansas.
Most mocks probably don't have Walsh this high, but I just love the kid. He's a freak athlete who can jump out of the gym. He's an outstanding passer who could play point forward. He has an unstoppable motor and is a terror on the defensive side of the ball. His jumpshot needs to improve, but he could be a special player. Side note, according to some research, only two other players in the NBA have have been 6'7" with a plus 7'2" wingspan. Kawhi Leonard, and Tracy McGrady. Just saying!

19. Dereck Lively: C, 7'1", 215 Lb's, 7'8" Wingspan, Freshman, Duke.
Lively's selling point will be as rim protector, and rim runner. He could be an elite shotblocker at the next level. He's not a bad passer and he's an excellent athlete. He's a good in space defender away from the basket. His NBA vlaue will likely depend on his ability to spread the floor. As of now, I'm not sold on him as a 3 pt shooter.

20. Grady Dick: SF, 6'8", 205 Lb's, Freshman, Kansas.
Grady is an elite 3 pt shooter who can put a lot of points on the board in a hurry. He's not an elite athlete, but he's good enough for the NBA and he can play above the rim. He has some shot creation in his bag, and he's a smart player. Not sure about his defensive ability just yet. But his shot will get him into the NBA.

21. Terquavion Smith: SG, 6'4", 170 Lb's, 6'6.5" Wingspan, Soph, North Carolina St.
Smith is a very good shooter if a bit streaky at times. But when he's hot he can light it up. He put on a good show at the combine last year, but then decided to return to school. He's just an OK finisher, but I think as he gets stronger, he'll improve in that area. He'a decent defender, who once again should improve with added strength.

22. Nikola Durisic: SF, 6'8", 200 Lb's, 18 years old, Mega Mozzart.
Some mocks have him in the 2nd rd, but I really like his game. I saw his game against a US team and he was the best player on the floor. Good athlete, and good shooter from the outside along with a good mid-range game. I like his potential.

23. Jett Howard: SF, 6'8", 220 Lb's, Freshman, Michigan.
Juwan Howard's son, so he knows how to play the game. Good outside shooter who can put it on the floor a bit. Very strong player who could probably play both forward positions. He's a good but not an elite athlete. Good rebounder and gives effort on defense.

24. Leonard Miller: SF, 6'10", 211 Lb's, 7'2" Wingspan, G-League Ignite.
Miller is an interesting prospect. He declared for last years draft, and then withdrew. Very good ballhandler for his size, and is a 3 level scorer. He's very good athlete He's a good enough passer that you can run the ball through him. His 3 pt shot looks a little funky, but it goes in, and that's something that's correctable.

25. Kris Murray: PF/SF, 6'8", 225 Lb's, 6'11" Wingspan, Iowa.
I'm expecting a break out year for Kris since he'll be handed the ball now that his brother has moved on. If you've seen Keegan play, then you've seen Kris play, although I think Kris may be a slightly better shooter than Keegan.

26. Marcus Sasser: PG, 6'2", 195 Lb's, Senior, Houston.
Explosive PG with terrific handles. Good 3 pt shooter who will blow right by you on a run out. His shot is a bit streaky at times, but when he goes cold, he'll attack the basket. Good passer and good defender.

27. Chris Livingston: SG/SF, 6'5", 190 Lb's, 6'11" Wingspan, Freshman, Kentucky.
I like Livingston quite a bit. Very good athlete with good handles who can shoot the ball from three. Although only 6'5" he can play some SF because of his huge wingspan. Very good defender with terrific lateral agility.

28. Amari Bailey: SG, 6'5", 185 Lb's, Freshman, UCLA.
I suspect that Amari will go higher than his at the end of the season. He's loaded with potential, and is an elite athlete who flies all over the court. His outside shot needs some work, but he's a nightmare for the other team on defense. He'a high flyer who playes above the rim.

29. Julian Phillips: SF/SG, 6'7", 210 Lb's, Freshman, Tennessee.
Phillips at worse, at the next level will be a 3 and D player, but I think he can be more. He's has very good handles and is a decent passer. He needs to get a little stronger, but isn't afraid to get in and mix it up with the big boys either rebounding, or attacking the basket. He's a good shooter, and a very good defender.

30. Kyle Filipowski: PF, 6'11", 220 Lb's, Freshman, Duke.
I'm amazed that most mocks don't have him in the 1st rd. I like him quite a bit. He's not an elite athlete, but he's a good athlete, who is a versatile player. He can step out and shoot the three, but can also defend the basket and rebound.The other night in 25 minutes he had 10 pt's, 12 rebounds, 2 blocked shots and 3 assists. Just one game, but I like his skill set.

Last edited:
Good mock! Inspired me to loosely throw one together as well seeing as you have it formatted already. I'm a believer in this years C's, hoping the Kings can get one! Theres A LOT of injury clouds hanging over these mocks for so early in the season, USC's 5 star recruit Vince Ikechukwu even had a heart attack, need everyone to get healthy (and for the NCAA to let baba miller play)! I threw some personal favorites that've had hot starts in near the end.

1. Victor Wembanyama: C, 7'4", 215 Lb's, 7'8" Wingspan
2. Scoot Henderson: PG/SG, 6'3", 195 Lb's, G-League Ignite.
3. Brandon Miller: F, 6'9", 200 Lb's, Freshman, Alabama.
4. Dariq Whitehead: SG/SF, 6'7", 196 Lb's, 6'9" Wingspan, Freshman, Duke.
5. Nick Smith: SG/PG, 6'4", 185 Lb's, Freshman, Arkansas.
6. Jarace Walker: PF, 6'8", 235 Lb's, 7'2" Wingspan, Freshman, Houston.
7. Dereck Lively II: C, 7'1", 215 Lb's, 7'6" Wingspan, Freshman, Duke.
8. Dillon Mitchell: PF, 6'8", 195 Lb's, Freshman, Texas.
9. Keyonte George: SG, 6'4", 205 Lb's, Freshman, Baylor.
10. Kel'el Ware: C, 7'0", 215 Lb's, Freshman, Oregon.
11. Amen Thompson: PG/SG/ SF, 6'7", 190 Lb's, 6'11" Wingspan, Overtime Elite.
12. Gradey Dick: SG/SF, 6'8", 205 Lb's, Freshman, Kansas.
13. Kyle Filipkowski: C/PF, 6'11", 220 Lb's, Freshman, Duke.
14. Cason Wallace: PG/SG, 6'4", 185 Lb's, Freshman, Kentucky.
15. G. G. Jackson: PF, 6'9", 210 Lb's, Freshman, South Carolina.
16. Anthony Black: SF/SG, 6'7" 185lb's, Freshman, Arkansas.
17. Baba Miller: SF/PF, 6'11", 205 Lb's, 7'2" Wingspan, Freshman, Florida St.
18. Cam Whitmore: SF, 6'7", 220 Lb's, Freshman, Villanova.
19. Jett Howard: SF/SG, 6'8", 220 Lb's, Freshman, Michigan.
20. Terquavion Smith: SG, 6'4", 170 Lb's, 6'6.5" Wingspan, Soph, North Carolina St.
21. Cidy Sissoko: SG/SF, 6'7", 200 lbs, G-League Ignite.
22. Tyrese Proctor CG, 6'5", 175lbs, Freshman, Duke.
23. Ausar Thompson: SF/SG, 6'7", 190 Lb's, 6'11" Wingspan, Overtime Elite.
25. Emoni Bates: SG/SF, 6'8" 170lbs, Sophomore, Eastern Michigan.
26. JJ Starling: SG, 6'4", 200lbs, Freshman, Notre Dame.
27. Trevon Brazile, F, 6'10, 212lb's, Sophomore, Arkansas.
28. Coleman Hawkins: PF/C, 6'10", 225lbs, Junior, Illinois. <--- from Sacramento
29. Ryan Kalkbrenner; C, 7'1", 256lb's, Senior, Creighton.
30. Julian Phillips: SF/SG, 6'7", 210 Lb's, Freshman, Tennessee.

Last edited:
Way to early and worthless because my final mock draft for 2023 is unlikely to look anything like this one. But this one is fun because I can pretty much slot players where I want because it's all about potential, and this draft is loaded with potential. It's probably one of the deepest drafts at the top that I've seen in a long time. But, they still have to play the games and so far all I've been able to do is watch a lot of highschool basketball and of course a lot of the opening day games which for the most part were against poor competition.

1. Victor Wembanyama: C/PF/SF/?, 7'4", 215 Lb's, 7'8" Wingspan,
Freak of nature who is loaded with talent. Surprising good athlete with great coordination for a player that's 7'4". He's the real deal.

2. Scoot Henderson: PG, 6'3", 195 Lb's, G-League Ignite.
Was a man amongst boys last season in G-League Ignite at age 17. Terrific athlete who has Fox like speed and quickness. Needs to improve his 3 pt shot.

3. Cam Whitmore: SF, 6'7", 220 Lb's, Freshman, Villanova.
Knows how to play. Elite athlete who loves to attack the basket. Has an NBA body and is a very good defender with a terrific motor.

4. Nick Smith: SG/PG, 6'4", 185 Lb's, Freshman, Arkansas.
Smith is a 3 level scorer who has a very relaxed 3 pt shot. He has a quick first step, and can get anywhere he wants on the court. Just a smooth offensive player.

5. Jarace Walker: PF, 6'8", 235 Lb's, 7'2" Wingspan, Freshman, Houston.
I love Walker! Freak athlete with a non stop motor. He has a strong NBA body who will bully his way to the basket. Needs to improve his 3 pt shot, but has a good Mid-range. He's a ESPN highlight dunker. He impacted every game I saw him in. Love, love the kid.

6. Amen Thompson: PG/SG/ SF, 6'7", 190 Lb's, 6'11" Wingspan, Overtime Elite.
Freak athlete with elite handles. Don't know his vertical, but his head is above the basket when he dunks. Good and unselfish passer. Good and willing defender. His 3 pt shot is a work in progress, and in my mock, it's what keeps him from being the 3 rd pick in the draft.

7. Cason Wallace: PG/SG, 6'4", 185 Lb's, Freshman, Kentucky.
I probably have him higher than most, but I love his game. Terrific defendeer, can score from anywhere on the floor. Good handles and a very good passer.

8. Dariq Whitehead: SG, 6'6", 196 Lb's, 6'9" Wingspan, Freshman, Duke.
He's recovering from a broken wrist, but is a smooth athlete, who has turned himself into a good 3 pt shooter.Playes above the rim and is a good defender.

9. Keyonte George: PG, 6'4", 205 Lb's, Freshman, Baylor.
Explosive athlete with a lot of herky/jerky movement that keeps defenders off balance. Good shooter and excellent finisher. More of a score first PG.

10. G. G. Jackson: SF, 6'9", 210 Lb's, Freshman, South Carolina.
Explosive athlete who plays above the rim. Good shooter who can create his own shot. Lightning quick first step. Was unguardable at the highschool level.

11. Brandon Miller: SF, 6'9", 200 Lb's, Freshman, Alabama.
Another elite athlete. Plays above the rim. Has good midrange, and can shoot the three. Able to guard multiple positions. Could go much higher than this!

Ausar is just a slightly poorer version of his brother. He's probably a tad better 3 pt shooter, but isn't the passer his brother is. Terrific athlete though.

13. Anthony Black: SF, 6'7", 185 Lb's, Freshman, Arkansas.
Black is a very good player. Very skilled. Excellent passer, who probably looks to pass first a little too much. Beautiful looking jumpshot. Excellent ball handler who is crafty enough to get where he wants on the court. Not an elite athlete, but very good athlete. I like Black a lot.

14. Dillon Mitchell: SF, 6'7", 195 Lb's, Freshman, Texas.
Another ESPN highlight dunker. His jumpshot is a work in progress, but he has great potential. Shows the potential to be a good defender. Needs to work on his shot creation as well.

15. Arthur Kaluma: SF, 6'7", 220 Lb's, 6'11" Wingspan, Soph, Creighton.
Another terrific athlete. Very physical player who plays taller than he is. His 3 pt shot is improving. Very good rebounder in traffic. Good defender with excellent lateral quickness. Could go much higher than 15.

16. Baba Miller: SF/PF, 6'11", 205 Lb's, 7'2" Wingspan, Freshman, Florida St.
Miller is one of those players that grew from 6'2" to 6'11" over the span of a couple of years, and he's retained most of his guard skills. Excellent ballhandler for his size. Needs to improve his 3 pt shot. Decent rebounder, and is able to guard multiple positions. Could probably play some center when he gets stronger.

17. Kel'el Ware: C, 7'0", 215 Lb's, Freshman, Oregon.
My first pure center off the board. Ware is a good post player with good footwork and a good touch at the basket. He's shown the ability to step out and spread the floor, as well as some passing ability. He's a good rim protector, and an excellent athlete who runs the floor well. He could be something special if he puts in the work.

18. Jordan Walsh: SF, 6'7", 190 Lb's, 7'3" Wingspan, Freshman, Arkansas.
Most mocks probably don't have Walsh this high, but I just love the kid. He's a freak athlete who can jump out of the gym. He's an outstanding passer who could play point forward. He has an unstoppable motor and is a terror on the defensive side of the ball. His jumpshot needs to improve, but he could be a special player. Side note, according to some research, only two other players in the NBA have have been 6'7" with a plus 7'2" wingspan. Kawhi Leonard, and Tracy McGrady. Just saying!

19. Dereck Lively: C, 7'1", 215 Lb's, 7'8" Wingspan, Freshman, Duke.
Lively's selling point will be as rim protector, and rim runner. He could be an elite shotblocker at the next level. He's not a bad passer and he's an excellent athlete. He's a good in space defender away from the basket. His NBA vlaue will likely depend on his ability to spread the floor. As of now, I'm not sold on him as a 3 pt shooter.

20. Grady Dick: SF, 6'8", 205 Lb's, Freshman, Kansas.
Grady is an elite 3 pt shooter who can put a lot of points on the board in a hurry. He's not an elite athlete, but he's good enough for the NBA and he can play above the rim. He has some shot creation in his bag, and he's a smart player. Not sure about his defensive ability just yet. But his shot will get him into the NBA.

21. Terquavion Smith: SG, 6'4", 170 Lb's, 6'6.5" Wingspan, Soph, North Carolina St.
Smith is a very good shooter if a bit streaky at times. But when he's hot he can light it up. He put on a good show at the combine last year, but then decided to return to school. He's just an OK finisher, but I think as he gets stronger, he'll improve in that area. He'a decent defender, who once again should improve with added strength.

22. Nikola Durisic: SF, 6'8", 200 Lb's, 18 years old, Mega Mozzart.
Some mocks have him in the 2nd rd, but I really like his game. I saw his game against a US team and he was the best player on the floor. Good athlete, and good shooter from the outside along with a good mid-range game. I like his potential.

23. Jett Howard: SF, 6'8", 220 Lb's, Freshman, Michigan.
Juwan Howard's son, so he knows how to play the game. Good outside shooter who can put it on the floor a bit. Very strong player who could probably play both forward positions. He's a good but not an elite athlete. Good rebounder and gives effort on defense.

Miller is an interesting prospect. He declared for last years draft, and then withdrew. Very good ballhandler for his size, and is a 3 level scorer. He's very good athlete He's a good enough passer that you can run the ball through him. His 3 pt shot looks a little funky, but it goes in, and that's something that's correctable.

25. Kris Murray: PF/SF, 6'8", 225 Lb's, 6'11" Wingspan, Iowa.
I'm expecting a break out year for Kris since he'll be handed the ball now that his brother has moved on. If you've seen Keegan play, then you've seen Kris play, although I think Kris may be a slightly better shooter than Keegan.

26. Marcus Sasser: PG, 6'2", 195 Lb's, Senior, Houston.
Explosive PG with terrific handles. Good 3 pt shooter who will blow right by you on a run out. His shot is a bit streaky at times, but when he goes cold, he'll attack the basket. Good passer and good defender.

27. Chris Livingston: SG/SF, 6'5", 190 Lb's, 6'11" Wingspan, Freshman, Kentucky.
I like Livingston quite a bit. Very good athlete with good handles who can shoot the ball from three. Although only 6'5" he can play some SF because of his huge wingspan. Very good defender with terrific lateral agility.

28. Amari Bailey: SG, 6'5", 185 Lb's, Freshman, UCLA.
I suspect that Amari will go higher than his at the end of the season. He's loaded with potential, and is an elite athlete who flies all over the court. His outside shot needs some work, but he's a nightmare for the other team on defense. He'a high flyer who playes above the rim.

29. Julian Phillips: SF/SG, 6'7", 210 Lb's, Freshman, Tennessee.
Phillips at worse, at the next level will be a 3 and D player, but I think he can be more. He's has very good handles and is a decent passer. He needs to get a little stronger, but isn't afraid to get in and mix it up with the big boys either rebounding, or attacking the basket. He's a good shooter, and a very good defender.

30. Kyle Filipowski: PF, 6'11", 220 Lb's, Freshman, Duke.
I'm amazed that most mocks don't have him in the 1st rd. I like him quite a bit. He's not an elite athlete, but he's a good athlete, who is a versatile player. He can step out and shoot the three, but can also defend the basket and rebound.The other night in 25 minutes he had 10 pt's, 12 rebounds, 2 blocked shots and 3 assists. Just one game, but I like his skill set.
okay Baja….. we are halfway into the season. Who are the 3 and D prospects the Kings might draft? Between Davion, Fox, Huerter, Monk and Davis we are well positioned on the Guard line. We need a 3 and D forward and we have to hit it this year…

what ya got?

bajaden

Hall of Famer
okay Baja….. we are halfway into the season. Who are the 3 and D prospects the Kings might draft? Between Davion, Fox, Huerter, Monk and Davis we are well positioned on the Guard line. We need a 3 and D forward and we have to hit it this year…

what ya got?
Well the best 3 and D player in the draft, in my opinion, unfortunately is a guard by the name of Cason Wallace. Think a taller version of Mitchell who can shoot the ball. But as for wings, I can't give you a pure 3 and D guy, but there are several that could turn into that. I really like Jordan Walsh from Arkansas. I think he's the best all around defensive player in the draft. He's a 6'7" wing but with a 7'3" wingspan. As I've mentioned before, two players with those same deminsions are Kawhi Leonard, and Tracy McGrady.

But you would be betting on his 3 pt shot improving. I will say this, he shoots a higher percentage on catch and shoots than off the dribble. What makes Walsh interesting is that he's also a freak athlete, a very good passer and ball handler. Others that I like are likely to be lottery picks, like Jett Howard or Max Lewis. Both have the potential to be very good defenders, and they're already good shooters. A player who might be available is Taylor Hendricks. He needs some polishing, but has the potential. I also like Brice Sensabaugh. He's a tad undersized at 6'6", but he has a good wingspan and he's a good defender and shooter.

Now there are some players that will be available in the 2nd rd that could turn into good 3 and D players. Players like Arthur Kaluma from Creighton. Or, Julian Strawther, a 6'7" SF from Gonzaga. While unspectacular playing the role of the 4th or 5th option, he's been very consistent since the start of the season, shooting 40.8% from three while taking 5 a game. He's a solid defender and a good athlete. He looks like he just came out fresh from the bench player factory. OK, I may be underrating him a bit. It's harder to stand out on a good team than a bad team, and Gonzaga is a good team. He's also a very good rebounder.

Another player I like is Baylor Scheierman, another 6'7' SF from Creighton. He's been shooting consistently around 38% from three all season and he's a terrific rebounder. He currently carries a DRtg of 92.6 and averages around 1.2 steals a game. Lastly I'll throw a name at you that you've probably never heard, and thats Tucker DeVries from Drake. Yep, another 6'7' SF. He's been a pretty good shooter all season currently hanging around 37% from three. I think the kid has potential. Check back with me near the end of the season and I'll probably have a different point of view.

Well the best 3 and D player in the draft, in my opinion, unfortunately is a guard by the name of Cason Wallace. Think a taller version of Mitchell who can shoot the ball. But as for wings, I can't give you a pure 3 and D guy, but there are several that could turn into that. I really like Jordan Walsh from Arkansas. I think he's the best all around defensive player in the draft. He's a 6'7" wing but with a 7'3" wingspan. As I've mentioned before, two players with those same deminsions are Kawhi Leonard, and Tracy McGrady.

But you would be betting on his 3 pt shot improving. I will say this, he shoots a higher percentage on catch and shoots than off the dribble. What makes Walsh interesting is that he's also a freak athlete, a very good passer and ball handler. Others that I like are likely to be lottery picks, like Jett Howard or Max Lewis. Both have the potential to be very good defenders, and they're already good shooters. A player who might be available is Taylor Hendricks. He needs some polishing, but has the potential. I also like Brice Sensabaugh. He's a tad undersized at 6'6", but he has a good wingspan and he's a good defender and shooter.

Now there are some players that will be available in the 2nd rd that could turn into good 3 and D players. Players like Arthur Kaluma from Creighton. Or, Julian Strawther, a 6'7" SF from Gonzaga. While unspectacular playing the role of the 4th or 5th option, he's been very consistent since the start of the season, shooting 40.8% from three while taking 5 a game. He's a solid defender and a good athlete. He looks like he just came out fresh from the bench player factory. OK, I may be underrating him a bit. It's harder to stand out on a good team than a bad team, and Gonzaga is a good team. He's also a very good rebounder.

Another player I like is Baylor Scheierman, another 6'7' SF from Creighton. He's been shooting consistently around 38% from three all season and he's a terrific rebounder. He currently carries a DRtg of 92.6 and averages around 1.2 steals a game. Lastly I'll throw a name at you that you've probably never heard, and thats Tucker DeVries from Drake. Yep, another 6'7' SF. He's been a pretty good shooter all season currently hanging around 37% from three. I think the kid has potential. Check back with me near the end of the season and I'll probably have a different point of view.
thanks I will look at them. I think Kaluma maybe goes higher

4. Amen Thompson: PG/SG/ SF, 6'7", 190 Lb's, 6'11" Wingspan, Overtime Elite.
5. Anthony Black: SF/SG, 6'7" 185lb's, Freshman, Arkansas.
6. Cam Whitmore: SF, 6'7", 220 Lb's, Freshman, Villanova.
7. Nick Smith: SG/PG, 6'4", 185 Lb's, Freshman, Arkansas.
8. Gradey Dick: SG/SF, 6'8", 205 Lb's, Freshman, Kansas.
9. Max Lewis: SG, 6'7", 185lbs, Freshman, Pepperdine.
10. Keyonte George: SG, 6'4", 205 Lb's, Freshman, Baylor.
11. Kel'el Ware: C, 7'0", 215 Lb's, Freshman, Oregon.
14. G. G. Jackson: PF, 6'9", 210 Lb's, Freshman, South Carolina.
15. Jett Howard: SF/SG, 6'8", 220 Lb's, Freshman, Michigan.
16. Cason Wallace: PG/SG, 6'4", 185 Lb's, Freshman, Kentucky.
17. Taylor Hendricks; PF, 6'9", 7'1" Wingspan, Freshman, UCF.
18. James Nnaji; C, 6'10, 240lbs, 7'7" wingspan.
19. Baba Miller: PF, 6'11", 205 Lb's, 7'3" Wingspan, Freshman, Florida St.
20. Dariq Whitehead: SG/SF, 6'7", 196 Lb's, 6'9" Wingspan, Freshman, Duke.
22. Jarace Walker: PF, 6'8", 235 Lb's, 7'2" Wingspan, Freshman, Houston.
23. Noah Clowney; PF, 6'10, 210lbs, 7'2" wingspan, Freshman. <--- where the Kings would draft as of today
24. Kris Murray; SF, 6'8", 220lbs, 7' wingspan, Junior.
25. Jalen Hood-Schifino, PG/SG, 6'5", 6'9" wingspan, Freshman, Indiana.
26. Leonard Miller: SF, 6'10", 211 Lb's, 7'2" Wingspan, G-League Ignite.
27. Dereck Lively II: C, 7'1", 215 Lb's, 7'6" Wingspan, Freshman, Duke.
28. Coleman Hawkins: PF/C, 6'10", 225lbs, Junior, Illinois. <--- Sacramento native
29. Rayan Rupert; SG/SF , 6'6, 7'3" wingspan
30. Bilal Coulibaly; SG/SF, 6'6", 7'3" wingspan

(still debating on a 2nd/honorable mention list)

Last edited:

bajaden

Hall of Famer
4. Amen Thompson: PG/SG/ SF, 6'7", 190 Lb's, 6'11" Wingspan, Overtime Elite.
5. Anthony Black: SF/SG, 6'7" 185lb's, Freshman, Arkansas.
6. Cam Whitmore: SF, 6'7", 220 Lb's, Freshman, Villanova.
7. Nick Smith: SG/PG, 6'4", 185 Lb's, Freshman, Arkansas.
9. Max Lewis: SG, 6'7", 185lbs, Freshman, Pepperdine.
10. Keyonte George: SG, 6'4", 205 Lb's, Freshman, Baylor.
11. Kel'el Ware: C, 7'0", 215 Lb's, Freshman, Oregon.
14. G. G. Jackson: PF, 6'9", 210 Lb's, Freshman, South Carolina.
15. Jett Howard: SF/SG, 6'8", 220 Lb's, Freshman, Michigan.
16. Cason Wallace: PG/SG, 6'4", 185 Lb's, Freshman, Kentucky.
17. Taylor Hendricks; PF, 6'9", 7'1" Wingspan, Freshman, UCF.
18. James Nnaji; C, 6'10, 240lbs, 7'7" wingspan.
19. Baba Miller: PF, 6'11", 205 Lb's, 7'3" Wingspan, Freshman, Florida St.
20. Dariq Whitehead: SG/SF, 6'7", 196 Lb's, 6'9" Wingspan, Freshman, Duke.
22. Jarace Walker: PF, 6'8", 235 Lb's, 7'2" Wingspan, Freshman, Houston.
23. Noah Clowney; PF, 6'10, 210lbs, 7'2" wingspan, Freshman. <--- where the Kings would draft as of today
24. Kris Murray; SF, 6'8", 220lbs, 7' wingspan, Junior.
25. Jalen Hood-Schifino, PG/SG, 6'5", 6'9" wingspan, Freshman, Indiana.
26. Leonard Miller: SF, 6'10", 211 Lb's, 7'2" Wingspan, G-League Ignite.
27. Dereck Lively II: C, 7'1", 215 Lb's, 7'6" Wingspan, Freshman, Duke.
28. Coleman Hawkins: PF/C, 6'10", 225lbs, Junior, Illinois. <--- Sacramento native
29. Rayan Rupert; SG/SF , 6'6, 7'3" wingspan
30. Bilal Coulibaly; SG/SF, 6'6", 7'3" wingspan

(still debating on a 2nd/honorable mention list)
Really surprised that you have Walker that low. I have him in the lottery. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say. We both agree on Ausar. I have Lewis at 13 and Howard at 15. I have Lively in the 2nd rd, but I can see some team betting on his potential. I question both Lively and Ware's motor. But I'd definitely take Ware over Lively. I haven't seen Rupert play enough to really draw a solid judgement on him. All in all, you could make a solid case for your choices. I have Da'Ron Holmes at 27, and Cason Wallace at 8. I love Wallace who I think has a lot more in his tool box than he's being allowed to show.

Really surprised that you have Walker that low. I have him in the lottery. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say. We both agree on Ausar. I have Lewis at 13 and Howard at 15. I have Lively in the 2nd rd, but I can see some team betting on his potential. I question both Lively and Ware's motor. But I'd definitely take Ware over Lively. I haven't seen Rupert play enough to really draw a solid judgement on him. All in all, you could make a solid case for your choices. I have Da'Ron Holmes at 27, and Cason Wallace at 8. I love Wallace who I think has a lot more in his tool box than he's being allowed to show.
I sway back and forth on Walker. I do think he'd fit here with the Kings better than most places. I think Coach Brown could maximize his defensive versatility. I do believe that he could be a potential target for us to trade up for, at this point I'd just prefer GG Jackson. Also in the last game I saw he didnt play well in the loss to Temple.

Unsure about his shooting too, he's not a very good FT shooter which worries me.

I have the opposite of recency bias with Walker too, he's been a 5-star known commodity for so many years, I remember him when he was about 6'4 and an underclassman in hs. Which always makes me think exactly what position he's best suited for.

Ware just stands out to me as the 2nd best big available, I'm running with that til I see otherwise.

I wanted to put Nnaji higher than most. Taylor Hendricks too. Baba Miller is such a wildcard his range is obviously far from settled.

Hope your right about Da'Ron Holmes and Cason Wallace. I'll have no problems marching those guys up my board if they keep playing well. Da'Ron Holmes would be one of the first names if I did the 2nd rd so i'm not too far off.

Honestly at this point with Rupert it seems like a "when there's smoke, there's fire" situation going on.

Last edited:

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I sway back and forth on Walker. I do think he'd fit here with the Kings better than most places. I think Coach Brown could maximize his defensive versatility. I do believe that he could be a potential target for us to trade up for, at this point I'd just prefer GG Jackson. Also in the last game I saw he didnt play well in the loss to Temple.

Unsure about his shooting too, he's not a very good FT shooter which worries me.

I have the opposite of recency bias with Walker too, he's been a 5-star known commodity for so many years, I remember him when he was about 6'4 and an underclassman in hs. Which always makes me think exactly what position he's best suited for.

Ware just stands out to me as the 2nd best big available, I'm running with that til I see otherwise.

I wanted to put Nnaji higher than most. Taylor Hendricks too. Baba Miller is such a wildcard his range is obviously far from settled.

Hope your right about Da'Ron Holmes and Cason Wallace. I'll have no problems marching those guys up my board if they keep playing well. Da'Ron Holmes would be one of the first names if I did the 2nd rd so i'm not too far off.

Honestly at this point with Rupert it seems like a "when there's smoke, there's fire" situation going on.
It's tough at times when judging a player because you wonder if that's all there is, or is that what the coach is asking (telling him) to do.
And in some cases, the player is simply being misused. I think it's a combination of both with Walker. He's being asked to play a role and he's playing it, which hinders his ability to show all his tools. Every once in a while it's as though he just throws caution to the wind and explodes. His poor freethrow shooting does bother me, but he wouldn't be the first outlyer to shoot better from the three than from the freethrow line.

Obviously I'm higher on Wallace than Holmes, who like you, I have in the bottom of the first rd or the top of the 2nd. There are several players in this draft that play the four or some center that I like and I wonder why some of them are floating in the 2nd rd. Like Azuolas Tubelis the 6'11" PF/C from Arizona. His teammate Ballo seems to get more press than him, but in my humble opinion, Tubelis is the better player, and that's not a knock on Ballo, who does what the does very well, it's just that Tubelis can do more. The knock on Tubelis is that he's a Junior and older than someone like Flipowski.

A player I'm trrying to like enough to put in the 1st rd, but he keeps giving me reasons not to is Jalen Wilson from Kansas. He has all the tools, but once again, he's a senior, and I could live with that if his shot was more consistent. He's a pretty good defender, and I'm trying to convince myself that his shot will come around with some proper coaching, and better shot selection. What's your read on him?

It's tough at times when judging a player because you wonder if that's all there is, or is that what the coach is asking (telling him) to do.
And in some cases, the player is simply being misused. I think it's a combination of both with Walker. He's being asked to play a role and he's playing it, which hinders his ability to show all his tools. Every once in a while it's as though he just throws caution to the wind and explodes. His poor freethrow shooting does bother me, but he wouldn't be the first outlyer to shoot better from the three than from the freethrow line.

Obviously I'm higher on Wallace than Holmes, who like you, I have in the bottom of the first rd or the top of the 2nd. There are several players in this draft that play the four or some center that I like and I wonder why some of them are floating in the 2nd rd. Like Azuolas Tubelis the 6'11" PF/C from Arizona. His teammate Ballo seems to get more press than him, but in my humble opinion, Tubelis is the better player, and that's not a knock on Ballo, who does what the does very well, it's just that Tubelis can do more. The knock on Tubelis is that he's a Junior and older than someone like Flipowski.

A player I'm trrying to like enough to put in the 1st rd, but he keeps giving me reasons not to is Jalen Wilson from Kansas. He has all the tools, but once again, he's a senior, and I could live with that if his shot was more consistent. He's a pretty good defender, and I'm trying to convince myself that his shot will come around with some proper coaching, and better shot selection. What's your read on him?
Jalen Wilson is gonna be tough to peg. I'd think the Kings would like him. I couldnt be totally shocked or upset if they took him with the first round pick either.

He's a win-now, low maintenance, highly focused player, bigtime intangibles, lotta heart..

lots of these players in this draft, their team starts losing by 15-20 and they pack it in, you put kansas in an early hole and jalen wilson is gonna raise hell.. even when he loses he usually goes down in a blaze of glory.. type of player whos not the most talented but gets crap done thru sheer force of will

His measurements are what they are, he's 6'7 with a 6'8" wingspan, sometimes he lays the ball up when most NBA players that height dunk it easily, but for just about any NBA team he lands on they'll throw him on the bench and he'll get a chance to carve his own role out.

He's a solid on-ball defender, which is key to him being a potential kings pick without that I'm not sure if the risk would outweigh the reward. Who knows how the rest of his defense translates, kansas does have him switching every which way. In the event he can transition well to fulltime SF, along with a 3pt shot, u'd have yourself a steal for sure.

I'm still gathering info though. This Kansas team is much more fun for me to watch than most in the Self era. Lotta moving parts.

His 3pt shot looks nice and smooth to me, 6.6 attempts per game is a lot too.. He's almost at 80% FT's, so there's clear n widespread improvement.. even though he was a surprisingly effecitve freshman, he's truly transformed his game and conditioning, so any team taking him high will be banking on the belief his game still has lots to grow.

Last edited:
Oh I made a mistake on the mock I posted. Keyonte Johnson should be in that first, over Coulibaly.

Honestly If i updated it today i'd probably drop Clowney n keep Coulibaly.

Jarace Walker is way too low in it for sure. N Ware is too high.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Jalen Wilson is gonna be tough to peg. I'd think the Kings would like him. I couldnt be totally shocked or upset if they took him with the first round pick either.

He's a win-now, low maintenance, highly focused player, bigtime intangibles, lotta heart..

lots of these players in this draft, their team starts losing by 15-20 and they pack it in, you put kansas in an early hole and jalen wilson is gonna raise hell.. even when he loses he usually goes down in a blaze of glory.. type of player whos not the most talented but gets crap done thru sheer force of will

His measurements are what they are, he's 6'7 with a 6'8" wingspan, sometimes he lays the ball up when most NBA players that height dunk it easily, but for just about any NBA team he lands on they'll throw him on the bench and he'll get a chance to carve his own role out.

He's a solid on-ball defender, which is key to him being a potential kings pick without that I'm not sure if the risk would outweigh the reward. Who knows how the rest of his defense translates, kansas does have him switching every which way. In the event he can transition well to fulltime SF, along with a 3pt shot, u'd have yourself a steal for sure.

I'm still gathering info though. This Kansas team is much more fun for me to watch than most in the Self era. Lotta moving parts.

His 3pt shot looks nice and smooth to me, 6.6 attempts per game is a lot too.. He's almost at 80% FT's, so there's clear n widespread improvement.. even though he was a surprisingly effecitve freshman, he's truly transformed his game and conditioning, so any team taking him high will be banking on the belief his game still has lots to grow.

Well first, there was no bigger critic of Self than me. I never saw a coach with that much talent go out in the first round as often as he did. He had at least two teams that should have at minimum made it to the final 8, but got bounced in the first round. Self was a great recruiter, but not a good coach. Back to Wilson! He's currently shooting 34.1% from three, or at least was a few days ago, and that's up from what it was earlier in the year. Like you, I like his shot, and I think on a team like the Kings, where he would get more open looks, I think he could shoot close to 40% from three.

My debate isn't whether I like him or not. I do! It's whether I would draft him in the first round or not, depending on where we draft. I currently have him going in the top of the second rd. Hopefully the combine will give us his measurements. I've seen him listed at 6'7"and 6'8" and I haven't been able to get a credible wingspan on him. So we'll see. A lot of people put too much emphasis on height and wingspan. Not that those measurements don't matter, but I put a lot of emphasis on standing reach. As Jerry Reynolds once said, you don't rebound with the top of your head.

Elton Brand was originally critized coming out of college for being undersized at the PF position because he was only 6'8". But the dude had a huge standing reach that was close to many 7 footers. So he played, as they say, taller than his height. Some people would say that well, if he didn't have a huge wingspan, he wouldn't have a great standing reach. And that's true, but to me standing reach is the true telling measurement because the width of your shoulders is included in your wingspan. You can have two players with the same height and wingspan, but one will have a standing reach thats 2 to 3 inches higher.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Oh I made a mistake on the mock I posted. Keyonte Johnson should be in that first, over Coulibaly.

Honestly If i updated it today i'd probably drop Clowney n keep Coulibaly.

Jarace Walker is way too low in it for sure. N Ware is too high.
Early mock, don't worry about it. The only mocks that matter are the final one's.

Terrence Shannon Jr. Of Illinois is a good 3 & D prospect as well. Might fall into the 2nd round because he is a senior.

End of March Update
1. Victor Wembanyama: C, 7'4", 215 Lb's, 7'8" Wingspan, Metropolitans 92.
4. Amen Thompson: SG, 6'7", 190 Lb's, 6'11" Wingspan, Overtime Elite.
5. Ausar Thompson: SG, 6'7", 190 Lb's, 7' Wingspan, Overtime Elite.
7. Taylor Hendricks; F, 6'9", 7'1" Wingspan, Freshman, UCF.
9. Anthony Black: SF/SG, 6'7" 185lb's, Freshman, Arkansas.
10. Cam Whitmore: SF, 6'7", 220 Lb's, Freshman, Villanova.
11. Keyonte George: SG, 6'4", 205 Lb's, Freshman, Baylor.
12. Jalen Hood-Schifino, PG/SG, 6'5", 6'9" wingspan, Freshman, Indiana.
13. Jordan Hawkins, SG, 6'4' SG, Sophomore, UConn.
15. Nick Smith: SG 6'4", 185 Lb's, Freshman, Arkansas.
16. Kobe Bufkin: SG, 6'4", Sophomore, Michigan.
17. Leonard Miller: F, 6'10", 211 Lb's, 7'2" Wingspan, G-League Ignite.
18. Jett Howard: SF/SG, 6'8", 220 Lb's, Freshman, Michigan.
19. Dereck Lively II: C, 7'1", 215 Lb's, 7'6" Wingspan, Freshman, Duke.
20. G. G. Jackson: PF, 6'9", 210 Lb's, Freshman, South Carolina.
21. Bilal Coulibaly; SG/SF, 6'6", 7'3" wingspan, Metropolitans 92.
22. Kyle Filipkowski: C/PF, 6'11", 220 Lb's, Freshman, Duke.
23. Rayan Rupert; SG/SF , 6'6, 7'3" wingspan, NZ Breakers.
24. Sidy Cissoko: SF, 6'8" G-League Ignite.
25. Brice Sensabaugh: SF, 6'6, Freshman, Ohio St.
26. Max Lewis: SG, 6'7", 185lbs, Freshman, Pepperdine.
27. Dariq Whitehead: SG/SF, 6'7", 196 Lb's, 6'9" Wingspan, Freshman, Duke.
28. James Nnaji; C, 6'10, 240lbs, 7'7" wingspan, FC Barcelona.
29. Bobi Klintman, SF/PF, 6'10, Freshman, Wake Forest.
30. Kris Murray; SF, 6'8", 220lbs, 7' wingspan, Junior, Iowa.

31. Noah Clowney; PF, 6'10, 210lbs, 7'2" wingspan, Freshman, Alabama.
32. Brandin Podziemski, 6'5, SG, Sophomore, Santa Clara.
33. Keyontae Johnson, SF, 229lbs, 6'5", Senior, Kansas St.
34. Trayce Jackson-Davis PF/C, 6'9", Senior, Indiana.
35. Riley Kugel 6'5", SG, Freshman, Florida.
36. Trevon Brazile, PF, 6'10, Sophomore, Arkansas.
37. Dillon Mitchell, F, 6'9, Freshman, Texas.
38. Colby Jones, SG, 6'6", Sophomore, Xavier.
39. Terquavion Smith, CG, 6'4", Sophomore, NC State.
40. Amari Bailey SG, 6'5", Freshman, UCLA.
41. Julian Strawther, SG/SF, 6'7", 205lbs, Junior, Gonzaga.
42. Andre Jackson, SG/SF, 6'5, Junior, UConn.
43. Ricky Council IV, SG/SF, 6'6, Sophomore, Arkansas.
44. Baylor Scheierman, SF, 6'6", Senior, Creighton.
45. Mouhammed Gueye, PF, 6'11, 203lbs, 7'4 wingspan, Sophomore, WSU.
46. Ryan Kalkbrenner, C, 7'1", 7'5 wingspan, Senior, Creighton.
47. Jalen Wilson, F, 6'8", Junior, Kansas.
48. Marcus Sasser, PG, 6'2, Senior, Houston.
49. DaRon Holmes, PF, 6'10, Sophomore, Dayton.
50. Kobe Brown, PF, 6'8", Senior, Mizzou.
51. Adem Bona C, 6'9", Freshman, UCLA.
52. Jordan Miller, SG/SF, 6'7", Senior, Miami.
53. Olivier Maxence-Prosper, SF, 6'8, Junior, Marquette.
54. Emoni Bates, SG, 6'9, Sophomore, Eastern Michigan.
55. Terrence Shannon, SG/SF, 6'6", Senior, Illinois.
56. Jaylen Clark, SF/SG, Junior, UCLA.
57. Coleman Hawkins, 6'10, PF, Junior, Illinois.
58. Zach Edey, 7'1, C, Senior, Purdue.
59. Jamie Jacquez, SF, 6'6", Senior, UCLA.
60. Tyler Kolek, PG, 6'3", Sophomore, Marquette.

This will probably be the most senior-laden mock I do, it seems like draft n stash guys such as Ousmane N'Daiye are solid candidates to rise in the summer.

Last edited:
Never watched an OTE game but I was under the impression there was a wide gap between the Thompson Twins?
They're similarly talented but impact the game differently. Ausar's wingspan is an inch longer. Amen is more comfy with the ball in his hands, Ausar is more comfy off the ball, but is plenty capable with the ball too. Ive heard it said that Ausar is more calculated while Amen relies more on feel.

Both are lightning quick and move like much smaller guards, which is really the key for them being projected so high. both have immense defensive potential. They look like such obvious pros in their movement n thats how Ausar's moved up my board, its kind of mesmerizing to watch their highlights, its obvious both have been working very hard on their handle.

All reports ive seen indicate the brothers are humble hardworking players, while both are capable of crazy highlights they prefer to make the right basketball play, their big LeBron fans. Its easy to see how they'll be able to break into teams rotations early on the strength of their defense n then slowly be ready to handle more and more duties.

The OTE has both of them taking TONS of shots too, they track evey shot they take and its a lot.

IMO the Kings would really like either one of them, obviously thats not gonna happen, but I do think they profile as players we'd like here.

Last edited:

bajaden

Hall of Famer
They're similarly talented but impact the game differently. Ausar's wingspan is an inch longer. Amen is more comfy with the ball in his hands, Ausar is more comfy off the ball, but is plenty capable with the ball too. Ive heard it said that Ausar is more calculated while Amen relies more on feel.

Both are lightning quick and move like much smaller guards, which is really the key for them being projected so high. both have immense defensive potential. They look like such obvious pros in their movement n thats how Ausar's moved up my board, its kind of mesmerizing to watch their highlights, its obvious both have been working very hard on their handle.

All reports ive seen indicate the brothers are humble hardworking players, while both are capable of crazy highlights they prefer to make the right basketball play, their big LeBron fans. Its easy to see how they'll be able to break into teams rotations early on the strength of their defense n then slowly be ready to handle more and more duties.

The OTE has both of them taking TONS of shots too, they track evey shot they take and its a lot.

IMO the Kings would really like either one of them, obviously thats not gonna happen, but I do think they profile as players we'd like here.
Another difference is that Ausar has something that actually looks like a jumpshot. Still not good, at least efficiency wise, but it shows promise. Both players look to be lockdown defenders and both have lightning quick first steps off the dribble. I think Amen is a better passer. Other than they're outside shot, there's a lot to like! As you said, both are very hard workers.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
End of March Update
1. Victor Wembanyama: C, 7'4", 215 Lb's, 7'8" Wingspan, Metropolitans 92.
4. Amen Thompson: SG, 6'7", 190 Lb's, 6'11" Wingspan, Overtime Elite.
5. Ausar Thompson: SG, 6'7", 190 Lb's, 7' Wingspan, Overtime Elite.
7. Taylor Hendricks; F, 6'9", 7'1" Wingspan, Freshman, UCF.
9. Anthony Black: SF/SG, 6'7" 185lb's, Freshman, Arkansas.
10. Cam Whitmore: SF, 6'7", 220 Lb's, Freshman, Villanova.
11. Keyonte George: SG, 6'4", 205 Lb's, Freshman, Baylor.
12. Jalen Hood-Schifino, PG/SG, 6'5", 6'9" wingspan, Freshman, Indiana.
13. Jordan Hawkins, SG, 6'4' SG, Sophomore, UConn.
15. Nick Smith: SG 6'4", 185 Lb's, Freshman, Arkansas.
16. Kobe Bufkin: SG, 6'4", Sophomore, Michigan.
17. Leonard Miller: F, 6'10", 211 Lb's, 7'2" Wingspan, G-League Ignite.
18. Jett Howard: SF/SG, 6'8", 220 Lb's, Freshman, Michigan.
19. Dereck Lively II: C, 7'1", 215 Lb's, 7'6" Wingspan, Freshman, Duke.
20. G. G. Jackson: PF, 6'9", 210 Lb's, Freshman, South Carolina.
21. Bilal Coulibaly; SG/SF, 6'6", 7'3" wingspan, Metropolitans 92.
22. Kyle Filipkowski: C/PF, 6'11", 220 Lb's, Freshman, Duke.
23. Rayan Rupert; SG/SF , 6'6, 7'3" wingspan, NZ Breakers.
24. Sidy Cissoko: SF, 6'8" G-League Ignite.
25. Brice Sensabaugh: SF, 6'6, Freshman, Ohio St.
26. Max Lewis: SG, 6'7", 185lbs, Freshman, Pepperdine.
27. Dariq Whitehead: SG/SF, 6'7", 196 Lb's, 6'9" Wingspan, Freshman, Duke.
28. James Nnaji; C, 6'10, 240lbs, 7'7" wingspan, FC Barcelona.
29. Bobi Klintman, SF/PF, 6'10, Freshman, Wake Forest.
30. Kris Murray; SF, 6'8", 220lbs, 7' wingspan, Junior, Iowa.

31. Noah Clowney; PF, 6'10, 210lbs, 7'2" wingspan, Freshman, Alabama.
32. Brandin Podziemski, 6'5, SG, Sophomore, Santa Clara.
33. Keyontae Johnson, SF, 229lbs, 6'5", Senior, Kansas St.
34. Trayce Jackson-Davis PF/C, 6'9", Senior, Indiana.
35. Riley Kugel 6'5", SG, Freshman, Florida.
36. Trevon Brazile, PF, 6'10, Sophomore, Arkansas.
37. Dillon Mitchell, F, 6'9, Freshman, Texas.
38. Colby Jones, SG, 6'6", Sophomore, Xavier.
39. Terquavion Smith, CG, 6'4", Sophomore, NC State.
40. Amari Bailey SG, 6'5", Freshman, UCLA.
41. Julian Strawther, SG/SF, 6'7", 205lbs, Junior, Gonzaga.
42. Andre Jackson, SG/SF, 6'5, Junior, UConn.
43. Ricky Council IV, SG/SF, 6'6, Sophomore, Arkansas.
44. Baylor Scheierman, SF, 6'6", Senior, Creighton.
45. Mouhammed Gueye, PF, 6'11, 203lbs, 7'4 wingspan, Sophomore, WSU.
46. Ryan Kalkbrenner, C, 7'1", 7'5 wingspan, Senior, Creighton.
47. Jalen Wilson, F, 6'8", Junior, Kansas.
48. Marcus Sasser, PG, 6'2, Senior, Houston.
49. DaRon Holmes, PF, 6'10, Sophomore, Dayton.
50. Kobe Brown, PF, 6'8", Senior, Mizzou.
51. Adem Bona C, 6'9", Freshman, UCLA.
52. Jordan Miller, SG/SF, 6'7", Senior, Miami.
53. Olivier Maxence-Prosper, SF, 6'8, Junior, Marquette.
54. Emoni Bates, SG, 6'9, Sophomore, Eastern Michigan.
55. Terrence Shannon, SG/SF, 6'6", Senior, Illinois.
56. Jaylen Clark, SF/SG, Junior, UCLA.
57. Coleman Hawkins, 6'10, PF, Junior, Illinois.
58. Zach Edey, 7'1, C, Senior, Purdue.
59. Jamie Jacquez, SF, 6'6", Senior, UCLA.
60. Tyler Kolek, PG, 6'3", Sophomore, Marquette.

This will probably be the most senior-laden mock I do, it seems like draft n stash guys such as Ousmane N'Daiye are solid candidates to rise in the summer.
Interesting, and not a lot different than the one I was getting ready to post. With mine, I tried to take the team doing the picking into consideration and that probably affected my choice to some degree. I'll be posting it in a few days. I still have some hard decisions to make in a few areas. Really tough this year!

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Bajaden's 2nd 2023 mock draft:

Not going to go into much detail in this mock. I'll save that for my last mock draft prior to the draft, where hopefully I'll have a lot more info on some of these players. This draft gets tricky when you get down to the last ten players of the first round and the first ten players in the 2nd rd. You could easily switch some of them back and forth. So, without further ado:

1. Pistons: Victor Wembanyama: C/PF/SF - 7'4" - 229 Lb's - 7'8" wingspan:
Wembanyama can do it all. His outside shot still needs some work, but his shot at 7'4" with that huge wingspan is almost unblockable. His shotblocking is otherworldly. I'm not sure he's from this planet.

2. Rockets: Scoot Henderson: PG - 6'3" - 195 Lb's: - G-League Ignite:
The Rockets need someone to bring some order to their offense, and Henderson is the man for the job. Excellent defender. He struggled a little at the end of this season, but not enough to concern me.

3. Spurs: Brandon Miller: SF - 6'9" - 200 Lb's - Freshman:
Miller is a great addition to the Spurs rebuild. Excellent outside shooter who rebounds and defends. Some questioned his ability to attack the basket and finish, but he dispelled that fear very quickly. Three level scorer who does it all.

4. Hornets: Jarace Walker: PF - 6'8" - 240 Lb's - 7'2" wingspan - Freshman:
This is probably higher than most mocks have Walker, but the Hornets need a future star. They need shooting and rebounding, and they need defense. Walker brings all those things. One of my favorites in the draft. He's a very deceptive athlete, with a quick step off the dribble

5. Magic: Amen Thompson: SF/SG - 6'7" - 202 Lb's - 6'11" wingspan - G-League Elite:
Amen is a freak athlete with an explosive first step. Potential lock down defender and an excellent passer who already has an NBA body. If he ever develops just a respectable outside shot, then the sky's the limit.

6. Trailblazers: Cam Whitmore: SF - 6'7" - 232 Lb's - Freshman:
Excellent pick up for Portland. Whitmore gives them a little insurance in cast they can't retain Grant! Cam is a good shooter and very good at attacking the rim. He needs to improve his rebounding, and maybe try passing the ball once in a while.

7. Wizards: Ausar Thompson: SF - 6'7" - 202 Lb's - 6'11" wingspan - G-League Elite:
Ausar is a very similar player to his brother, but his outside jumpshot is further along. By further along, I don't mean good! I think Amen might be a little better ball handler, but I'm nitpicking. He also has lockdown defensive potential.

8. Pacers: Taylor Hendricks: PF - 6'9" - 210 Lb's - Freshman:
This probably higher than most mocks have him, but while he's still rough around the edges in some areas, his potential is off the charts. He defends, rebounds, blocks shots, and shot 39.4% from three on just under 5 a game. Terrific pick up for the Pacers and should make Haliburton very happy.

9. Magic: Gradey Dick: SF - 6'8" - 205 Lb's - Freshman:
Dick is one of the best shooters in the draft. He needs to get stronger, and work on his defense, but he's a very good pickup for the Magic, who once again add to their length.

10. Pelicans: Anthony Black: SF/SG/PG - 6'7" - 198 Lb's - Freshman:
Black is the Swiss army knife of this draft. He's able to to a little bit of everything. He's also a very good defender. He needs to work on his outside shot, but other than that, a good addition to the Pel's.

11. Jazz: Cason Wallace: PG/SG - 6'4" - 193 Lb's - 7'2" wingspan - Freshman:
Cason is one of my favorite players in the draft. May be the best defender in the draft. If I have a knock on him it's that he's too unselfish. He'll be a difference maker for the Jazz.

12. Jazz: Jordan Hawkins: SG - 6'5" - 195 Lb's - Sophomore:
Hawkins is one of the reasons that UCONN is in the final four. I nicknamed him Perpetual Motion. He never stops moving and does most of his scoring coming off double screens and handoff's. Very good scorer off the dribble. Fun to watch!

13. Raptors: Keyonte George: PG - 6'4" - 185 Lb's - Freshman:
The Raptors need a PG of the future, and may have gotten one with George. Good shooter even if his numbers did tail off toward the end of the season. He needs to work on his defense, but he's shows potential there.

14. Lakers: Jalen Hood-Schifino: PG/SG - 6'6" - 213 Lb's - Freshman:
I like Schifino a lot and I think he has a lot of upside. He was a big reason for Indiana's success this season. He needs to become more consistent with his outside shot, and improve his defense.

15. Hawks: Brice Sensabaugh: SF - 6'6" - 235 Lb's - Freshman:
One scout nicknamed him Buckets, and it fits. If you want scoring, Sensabaugh is your man. He's the king of the mid-range shot, and your surprised when he misses from there. That said, he shot 40% from three on 4.5 attempts a game. Definitely needs to improve on the defensive end.

16. Thunder: Jett Howard: SF - 6'8" - 220 Lb's - Freshman:
Howard can score and is a very good 3 pt shooter. His defense needs work, and he's a very poor rebounder for a 6'8" player. But he's young and certainly can improve in those areas in time. Not sure of his long term potential.

17. Warriors: Colby Jones: SF - 6'6" - 207 Lb's - Junior:
Jones is another one of my favorite players in the draft. When asked who he modeled his game after, he said Malcolm Brogdan, who is exactly who I would have comped him with. Smart player, good shooter, passer and defender.

18. Knicks: Kris Murray: SF/PF - 6'8" - 225 Lb's - 6'11" wingspan - Junior:
Kris is a very similar player to his brother Keegan. Not quite as good a shooter, and he attacks the basket a little more than Keegan did. Still, he has a lot of potential going forward.

19. Rockets: Dereck Lively: Center - 7'1" - 230 Lb's - 7'8" wingspan - Freshman:
The Rockets get their center of the future, and someone that can help improve their poor defense. Lively has some holes in his game, but he'll be able to step in and help right away on the defensive side, and with rebounding.

20. Heat: Nick Smith: SG/PG - 6'5" - 185 Lb's - 6'9" wingspan - Freshman:
I know some mocks have him much higher than this, but I judge players on what I see and not their press clippings. Yes, he did play much better the last few games of the season. For the Heat, at 20, why not take a gamble that the real Smith is the one before the injuries.

21. Nets: Noah Clowney: PF/C - 6'10" - 210 Lb's - Freshman:
Clowney had a bit of an up and down year with some injuries thrown in, but he has tons of potential and has shown some potential to score away from the basket. He's a very good athlete, and a good rebounder. He's shown potential to be a very good defender.

22. Nets: GG Jackson: SF/PF - 6'9" - 215 Lb's - Freshman:
Some mocks have him higher than this, and he could end up being a steal at 22. Very hard to get a read on him. He played on a very, very, very bad South Carolina team. He's very talented, but raw at the same time. He could be a diamond in the rough.

23. Trailblazers: Dariq Whitehead: SF - 6'7" - 220 Lb's - 6'9" wingspan - Freshman:
Whitehead is another who could be a steal this low in the draft. We know he can shoot the ball, shooting 42.9% from three this season. If the rest of his athleticism returns, then you might have a star on your hands. Wouldn't surprise me to see him go higher.

24. Grizzleys: Max Lewis: SF - 6'7" - 195 Lb's - 6'10" wingspan - Sophomore
I was hoping Lewis would fall to us, and he might. I couldn't in good conscious let the Grizz pass on him when in all likelyhood they would take him. Lewis has star potential and comes with the full bag of tricks. He needs to improve his defense off the ball. But his potential is off the charts.

25. Kings: Julian Strawther: SF - 6'7" - 205 Lb's - 6'9" wingspan - Junior:
Strawther is ready to step in and play right now. Very good outside shooter. He shot 40.8% from three, and he was consistent all season long. He has a great motor, and a good rebounder for his position. He plays with an intensity and edge that I love. Good defender with the ability to be a very good defender. Good role player, but a player who can jump up and give you 40 pts on any given night. Tough, physical, and hardnosed. He didn't get a lot of press, but he was responsible for a lot of Gonzaga's wins. A blue collar player with a Ferrari in his garage.

26. Pacers: Kobe Bufkin: SG/PG - 6'4" - 195 Lb's - Sophomore:
Bufkin is another whose play was consistent all season long and was one of the best players on Michigan's team. He does it all. He can score, defend, and is a very good passer. Some mocks have him in the 2nd round, but to me, he's first round talent who will only get better.

27. Hornets: Leonard Miller: SF/PF - 6'10" - 211 Lb's - 7'2" wingspan - G-League Ignite:
Miller really improved his season and probably worked his way into the 1st rd. At least in my mind he did. He still has a long way to go to reach his potential, and by all accounts, he's putting in the work to do just that. He's another player who could be a steal this low.

28. Pacers: Adem Bona: Center - 6'10" - 235 Lb's - 7'4" wingspan - Freshman:
I love Bona! Terrific athlete who beats everyone down the floor at both ends. Non stop motor, and a terrific defender and shotblocker. Still raw in some areas, but he's still very young and is loaded with potential. Attack the rim against him, and you're putting your life in in his hands. I'm buying stock in Bona.

29. Jazz: Brandin Podziemski: SG - 6'5" - 200 Lb's - Sophomore:
Podziemski is another of my favorites. Terrific deadeye shooter shooting 43.8% from three, taking just a tick under 6 a game. He's a very good passer averaging almost 4 assists a game. He's also shown to be a solid defender. He stepped in and replaced Jalen Williams who left to make a big splash in the NBA and currently is in the running for ROY.

30. Clippers: Keyontae Johnson: SG/SF - 6'6" - 229 Lb's - 6'11" wingspan - Senior:
The Clips probably wouldn't make this choice, but it would be a good one for a team wanting to win right now. Johnson is game ready, and he's a dam good player. He shot 52% overall and 40.7% from three. He also pulled down 7.2 rebounds a game. He's a good passer and a solid defender, and to be honest, he's look good in a Kings uniform.

I'll do the complete 60 picks with my final mock before the draft, but at the moment, at 36, I have the Kings taking James Nnaji, 6'10", 200 Lb's, with a reported 7'6" wingspan, who plays in the Spainish league for the Barcelona team. He'll still be 18 years old at the time of the draft and is a player the Kings could stash for a year or two if they wanted to. But he's definitely someone to develop for the future who has tremendous upside. He's a freak athlete who comes out of nowhere to block a shot. He's definitely a swing for the fences type of player, but why not?

Nice mock yeah our Lottery's are quite similar at this point. I really do hope we get a scenario like yours where a player often mocked in the lottery(Nick Smith) is somehow falling to near the Kings pick, that'd be exciting.

Adem Bona in the 1st rd! Guess he's the player we have the biggest discrepancy on our boards about, if he measures 6'10 like you have him listed at that'll help his cause. But yeah I agree with your assessment on him, easy player to root for given his effort level. This makes me think your gonna be a big Ron Holland believer in 2024.

If the Kings pass on Bufkin and Leonard Miller i'd be a bit sad but James Nnaji in the early 2nd would be sick.

Podziemski in the first too! love it! I dont think he suffers the fate of Pat Connaughton n falls to the 40's, I'ma believer in him doing well in the predraft process, hopefully he shoots the lights out n secures a promise from a team in the 1st.

I too am still hoping Max Lewis finds his way into a Kings uniform, this scenario you have where Colby Jones and Kris Murray go top20 would seem to increase our chances of Lewis being on the board a ton, though obviously there will be some shuffling of the wings in the next few months.

K I'll do my first mock with team needs, maybe i'll get one more in right before the draft

1. SAS - Victor Wembanyama: C, 7'4", 215 Lb's, Metropolitans 92. - no-brainer
2. CHA - Brandon Miller: F, 6'8", 200 Lb's, Freshman, Alabama. - better fit than scoot, provides shooting.
3. POR - Amen Thompson: SG, 6'7", 190 Lb's, Overtime Elite. - most difficult pick for me to peg. To me Amen fits POR best long-term.
4. HOU - Scoot Henderson: PG/SG, 6'3", 195 Lb's, G-League Ignite. - yahtzee scenario for HOU. If Harden returns this team is pretty good/deep.
5. DET - Taylor Hendricks; F/C, 6'9", Freshman, UCF. - fits better than some of these other players left with questionable shooting.
6. ORL - Ausar Thompson: SG, 6'7", 190 Lb's, Overtime Elite. - athletic upgrade on the wing, lotta ways ORL could go here honestly.
7. IND - Jarace Walker: SF/PF, 6'7", 235 Lb's, Freshman, Houston. - IND is a solid landing spot for him for a lot of reasons.
8. WAS - Cam Whitmore: SF, 6'7", 220 Lb's, Freshman, Villanova. - adds much needed toughness from day 1.
9. UTA - Gradey Dick: SG/SF, 6'7", 205 Lb's, Freshman, Kansas. - safe pick/solid value for UTA, good landing spot for him.
10. DAL - Anthony Black: SF/SG, 6'7" 185lb's, Freshman, Arkansas. - no-brainer, most dynamic guard DAL could get.
11. ORL - Jordan Hawkins, SG, 6'4' SG, Sophomore, UConn. - add a shooter and off the ball movement around Banchero.
12. OKC - Cason Wallace: PG/SG, 6'4", 185 Lb's, Freshman, Kentucky. - great fit with OKC's tall backcourt.
13. TOR - Keyonte George: SG, 6'4", 205 Lb's, Freshman, Baylor. - tremendous value for TOR here, they could use the shooting.
14. NO - Jalen Hood-Schifino, PG/SG, 6'5", Freshman, Indiana. - significant upgrade for NO at PG on the depth chart. great value.
15. ATL - Kobe Bufkin: SG, 6'5", Sophomore, Michigan. - upside and need selection, ATL lacks depth of dynamic shotmakers.
16. UTA - Nick Smith: CG 6'5", 185 Lb's, Freshman, Arkansas. - mega value, high reward selection given how low this pick is for them.
17. LAL - Jett Howard: SF/SG, 6'8", 220 Lb's, Freshman, Michigan. - this pick makes a lot of sense given all LAL expirings. Reaves replacement?
18. MIA - Kris Murray; SF, 6'9", 220lbs, Junior, Iowa. - watching MIA in the playoffs, I cant help but think he fits great there and plugs right in.
19. GSW - Dereck Lively II: C, 7'1", 215 Lb's, Freshman, Duke. - GSW takes another swing on a former #1 ranked C.
20. HOU - Brandin Podziemski, 6'5, SG, Sophomore, Santa Clara. - Perhaps my biggest reach, I like how he'd fit in with HOU backcourt.
21. BKN - Leonard Miller: F, 6'10", 211 Lb's, G-League Ignite. - Depth selection, seems like a BKN type of pick to me.
22. BKN - Dariq Whitehead: SG/SF, 6'7", 196 Lb's, Freshman, Duke. - another 6'6" player for BKN?!?!?!?!
23. POR - James Nnaji; C, 6'10, 240lbs, FC Barcelona. - POR lands 2 major young defensive foundational pieces in the 1st.
24. SAC - Bilal Coulibaly; SG/SF, 6'6", Metropolitans 92. - SAC gets a defensive gem to polish til its ready to shine bigvalue.
25. MEM - Brice Sensabaugh: SF, 6'6, Freshman, Ohio St. - Readymade Dillon Brooks replacement
26. IND - Noah Clowney; PF, 6'10, 210lbs, Freshman, Alabama. - Terrific value, IND could use the depth here too.
27. CHA - Max Lewis: SG, 6'7", 185lbs, Freshman, Pepperdine. - More firepower to surround LaMelo with. Showtime Hornets.
28. UTA - Olivier Maxence-Prosper, SF, 6'8, Junior, Marquette. - UTA gets a freak athlete at 28. Upside and chance to fill a big need.
29. IND - Bobi Klintman, SF/PF, 6'10, Freshman, Wake Forest. - There's a rumor saying IND promised Klintman.
30. LAC - G. G. Jackson: PF, 6'9", 210 Lb's, Freshman, South Carolina. - Seems like a LAC type of pick to me, they could use the fresh legs.

(team needs more loosely applied in the 2nd)

31. DET - Ben Sheppard SG/SF, 6'6", Senior, Belmont.
32. IND - Rayan Rupert; SG/SF , 6'6, 7'3" wingspan, NZ Breakers.
33. SAS - Trayce Jackson-Davis PF/C, 6'9", Senior, Indiana.
34. CHA - Amari Bailey SG, 6'5", Freshman, UCLA.
35. BOS - Sidy Cissoko: SG/SF, 6'6" G-League Ignite.
36. ORL - Colby Jones, SG, 6'6", Sophomore, Xavier.
37. OKC - Kobe Brown, PF, 6'8", Senior, Mizzou.
38. SAC - DaRon Holmes, PF, 6'10, Sophomore, Dayton.
39. CHA - Andre Jackson, SG/SF, 6'5, Junior, UConn.
40. DEN - Terquavion Smith, CG, 6'4", Sophomore, NC State.
41. CHA - Mouhammed Gueye, PF, 6'11, 203lbs, Sophomore, WSU.
42. WAS - Zach Edey, 7'1, C, Senior, Purdue.
43. POR - Keyontae Johnson, SF, 229lbs, 6'5", Senior, Kansas St.
44. SAS - Marcus Sasser, PG, 6'2, Senior, Houston.
45. MEM - Jordan Walsh, 6'7, SF, Freshman, Arkansas.
46. ATL - Jalen Wilson, F, 6'7", Junior, Kansas.
47. LAL - Dillon Mitchell, F, 6'8, Freshman, Texas.
48. LAC -Jamie Jacquez, SF, 6'6", Senior, UCLA.
49. CLE - Tristan Vukcevic, PF/C, 7', Partizan.
50. OKC -Julian Strawther, SG/SF, 6'7", 205lbs, Junior, Gonzaga.
51. BKN - Emoni Bates, SG, 6'9, Sophomore, Eastern Michigan.
52. PHX - Ryan Kalkbrenner, C, 7'1", Senior, Creighton.
53. MIN - Adem Bona C, 6'9", Freshman, UCLA.
54. SAC - Hunter Tyson, SF, 6'8, Senior, Clemson.
55. IND -Seth Lundy, 6'5", SG, Senior, Penn State.
56. MEM - Reece Beekman, PG, 6'2", Junior, Virginia.
57. FORFEITIED PICK.
58. FORFEITIED PICK.
59. WAS - Coleman Hawkins, 6'10, PF, Junior, Illinois.
60. MIL - Ricky Council IV, SG/SF, 6'6, Sophomore, Arkansas.

TL;DR - Kings take 18y.o SG/SF Bilal Coulibaly, 20y.o PF/C Da'Ron Holmes and turns 23y.o in june SF Hunter Tyson.

Last edited:
Holmes is a PF whos grown to a legit 6'10, he's added good weight, he's got good ability to score on offense, defensively a solid shotblocker and also moves pretty well laterally so that all adds up to interesting for the Kings. Honestly the way the late-20's and 30's play out isnt the best for the Kings in this scenario, maybe in the real draft players thought out of our reach will fall.
41% 3pt shooter, Tyson is an interesting sleeper at the end of the draft. Instead of going with a raw project to get a player like this in the 50's is sneaky good for the Kings IMO, 3pt shooting isnt usually found this low in the draft (though this is in fact the range Vezenkov went, but I guess that was a long time ago)
Coulibaly has immense defensive capability, looks like he can shoot it a bit and he slashes and grabs rebounds well above average, so all of that works here. No need for us to rush him along. I'm thinking its pretty unlikely he'll actually be on the board for the Kings still.

Last edited:
K I'll do my first mock with team needs, maybe i'll get one more in right before the draft

2. CHA - Brandon Miller: F, 6'8", 200 Lb's, Freshman, Alabama. - better fit than scoot, provides shooting.
3. POR - Amen Thompson: SG, 6'7", 190 Lb's, Overtime Elite. - most difficult pick for me to peg. To me Amen fits POR best long-term.
4. HOU - Scoot Henderson: PG/SG, 6'3", 195 Lb's, G-League Ignite. - yahtzee scenario for HOU. If Harden returns this team is pretty good/deep.
5. DET - Taylor Hendricks; F/C, 6'9", Freshman, UCF. - fits better than some of these other players left with questionable shooting.
6. ORL - Ausar Thompson: SG, 6'7", 190 Lb's, Overtime Elite. - athletic upgrade on the wing, lotta ways ORL could go here honestly.
7. IND - Jarace Walker: SF/PF, 6'7", 235 Lb's, Freshman, Houston. - IND is a solid landing spot for him for a lot of reasons.
8. WAS - Cam Whitmore: SF, 6'7", 220 Lb's, Freshman, Villanova. - adds much needed toughness from day 1.
9. UTA - Gradey Dick: SG/SF, 6'7", 205 Lb's, Freshman, Kansas. - safe pick/solid value for UTA, good landing spot for him.
10. DAL - Anthony Black: SF/SG, 6'7" 185lb's, Freshman, Arkansas. - no-brainer, most dynamic guard DAL could get.
11. ORL - Jordan Hawkins, SG, 6'4' SG, Sophomore, UConn. - add a shooter and off the ball movement around Banchero.
12. OKC - Cason Wallace: PG/SG, 6'4", 185 Lb's, Freshman, Kentucky. - great fit with OKC's tall backcourt.
13. TOR - Keyonte George: SG, 6'4", 205 Lb's, Freshman, Baylor. - tremendous value for TOR here, they could use the shooting.
14. NO - Jalen Hood-Schifino, PG/SG, 6'5", Freshman, Indiana. - significant upgrade for NO at PG on the depth chart. great value.
15. ATL - Kobe Bufkin: SG, 6'5", Sophomore, Michigan. - upside and need selection, ATL lacks depth of dynamic shotmakers.
16. UTA - Nick Smith: CG 6'5", 185 Lb's, Freshman, Arkansas. - mega value, high reward selection given how low this pick is for them.
17. LAL - Jett Howard: SF/SG, 6'8", 220 Lb's, Freshman, Michigan. - this pick makes a lot of sense given all LAL expirings. Reaves replacement?
18. MIA - Kris Murray; SF, 6'9", 220lbs, Junior, Iowa. - watching MIA in the playoffs, I cant help but think he fits great there and plugs right in.
19. GSW - Dereck Lively II: C, 7'1", 215 Lb's, Freshman, Duke. - GSW takes another swing on a former #1 ranked C.
20. HOU - Brandin Podziemski, 6'5, SG, Sophomore, Santa Clara. - Perhaps my biggest reach, I like how he'd fit in with HOU backcourt.
21. BKN - Leonard Miller: F, 6'10", 211 Lb's, G-League Ignite. - Depth selection, seems like a BKN type of pick to me.
22. BKN - Dariq Whitehead: SG/SF, 6'7", 196 Lb's, Freshman, Duke. - another 6'6" player for BKN?!?!?!?!
23. POR - James Nnaji; C, 6'10, 240lbs, FC Barcelona. - POR lands 2 major young defensive foundational pieces in the 1st.
24. SAC - Bilal Coulibaly; SG/SF, 6'6", Metropolitans 92. - SAC gets a defensive gem to polish til its ready to shine bigvalue.
25. MEM - Brice Sensabaugh: SF, 6'6, Freshman, Ohio St. - Readymade Dillon Brooks replacement
26. IND - Noah Clowney; PF, 6'10, 210lbs, Freshman, Alabama. - Terrific value, IND could use the depth here too.
27. CHA - Max Lewis: SG, 6'7", 185lbs, Freshman, Pepperdine. - More firepower to surround LaMelo with. Showtime Hornets.
28. UTA - Olivier Maxence-Prosper, SF, 6'8, Junior, Marquette. - UTA gets a freak athlete at 28. Upside and chance to fill a big need.
29. IND - Bobi Klintman, SF/PF, 6'10, Freshman, Wake Forest. - There's a rumor saying IND promised Klintman.
30. LAC - G. G. Jackson: PF, 6'9", 210 Lb's, Freshman, South Carolina. - Seems like a LAC type of pick to me, they could use the fresh legs.

57. FORFEITIED PICK.
58. FORFEITIED PICK.

TL;DR - Kings take 18y.o SG/SF Bilal Coulibaly, 20y.o PF/C Da'Ron Holmes and turns 23y.o in june SF Hunter Tyson.
Right now, my list at 24 would be:

1. GG
2. Whitehead
3. Lewis
4. Bilal
5. Murray

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

57. FORFEITIED PICK.
58. FORFEITIED PICK.

Man, as much as I like Bilal, if we pass on a surreptitiously falling Brice Sensabaugh for him, I might throw my phone in a fit of rage lol

Man, as much as I like Bilal, if we pass on a surreptitiously falling Brice Sensabaugh for him, I might throw my phone in a fit of rage lol
Brice Sensabaugh is an all offense pick Coulibaly is defense / hustle / plus rebounder which I think is much more addressing our needs.

Coulibaly is someone you'd be putting onto their best offensive players to slow them down, Sensabaugh is someone you'd be hiding from their best offensive players at all costs..

I want to upgrade the defense and the rebounding. I say we're getting diminishing returns going for all offense at this point, on the wing at least

To me, if there's a spot on the Kings depth chart they'd go all offense, I'd think it'd be the 3rd string PG, getting a sharpshooter.

There's something I don't quite like about Bilal Coulibaly, not even sure what it is but yea, just can't quite pinpoint it
I've been asking for months around here for someone to debunk why Coulibaly has anything less than lottery talent and no ones stepped up to really take a swing..

the truth is whatever critical things you might come up with; are they really gonna be deal-breakers at pick 24? when your talking an 18 year old whos built for defense like that?

If I had to come up with something I'd point to the low volume on the 3pt shooting, or just lack of stats in general, but again, his 3pt shot looks pretty good to me and it doesnt seem like a deal-breaker. Funny to hear someone trying to come up with something bad to say but cant.. You'd think he'd get more blocks with long arms like that but at the same time it doesnt seem like too many players are gonna try and test him, and he sure gets plenty of steals. he's a pest.

The way he runs and the way he rebounds and defends, idk, we could use wings with that archetype and that length and ability to recover guys like Fox and Monk get players like this easy buckets just from running the floor. We're playing the Warriors and coach is telling our guys to run run run, Coulibaly is built for a team like that. We dont need to draft a star here at #24 we need a player that presents matchup issues.

Last edited: