Potential Free agent/trade/sign tracker

I think it's a great situation for all involved. Rui is probably going to get to showcase and the Lakers need that extra piece to score. Also, while Rui is more 4 than 3, they were the last team without literally anything close to a wing so they give up one of those extra G's for a F. Win for them.
Lakers don't exactly have a great track record of letting young guys develop though, especially in the LeBron era.

But I guess it worked out well for Monk.

Lakers don't exactly have a great track record of letting young guys develop though, especially in the LeBron era.

But I guess it worked out well for Monk.
Yeah, that's true, look at Monk who was another older youngish player. That's the thing though, at 25 this dude is what he is. His eye popping moments are as a scorer and with Bron I think there's a chance he finds a role. Now, he could also bust in that role which might be a great intel for any teams, including the Kings, that might be interested this summer.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Yeah probably. The Lakers desperately needed F's though.
Their forward issue probably would’ve gone away once AD came back. They still like to use him at the 4 and having him would let them play Wenyen as a forward instead of as a backup big again. Richardson would have given them a legitimate wing, which is probably what they needed the most when at full strength.

Trey has been good, but I think I'd rather try to "sell high" on his current streak because I don't think he's a long-term answer either. He doesn't really bring anything different off the bench than what Keegan or Barnes give you. Like I'd rather spend 6-7 mil on a Jae Crowder type in the off-season over giving Trey 6-7 mil
Pretty sure Trey read this before the game yesterday and decided to not only turn into Vandy on defense, but Markkanen on offense as well.

But Josh Richardson for a 2nd rounder would definitely help things.
He’s a good player - but more of a 2/3. He would basically replace TD. I think the kings need someone closer to 6-9 that can swing between 3-4-5 (on defense) and hit that corner 3. We need a bit more force around the rim.

McBucketts is the exact opposite of what this team needs rn.
I mean if the bench is going to shoot/score like it did yesterday, then no, but I think McBuckets gives you another elite shooter and excellent scorer to give that bench a real scoring punch. For most of the year, if Monk was off, we'd get nothing from the bench. And his built in chemistry with Domas, you'd have another option in the 2-man game with him.

In terms of a playoff rotation too, I think Lyles would fill the back-up 4/5, McBuckets the back-up 3/4 and the Davion/Monk the 1-2.

I mean if the bench is going to shoot/score like it did yesterday, then no, but I think McBuckets gives you another elite shooter and excellent scorer to give that bench a real scoring punch. For most of the year, if Monk was off, we'd get nothing from the bench. And his built in chemistry with Domas, you'd have another option in the 2-man game with him.

In terms of a playoff rotation too, I think Lyles would fill the back-up 4/5, McBuckets the back-up 3/4 and the Davion/Monk the 1-2.
Yeah, he could work as a backup platoon of sorts— if you need defense from the backup 3/4, then you sub in KZ, but if you need offense, you can sub in McBuckets.

In an ideal world, sure, the Kings could add another 2-way wing, but if the outgoing package is some combination of Holmes/Len/TD/seconds, then that’s not realistic.

He’s a good player - but more of a 2/3. He would basically replace TD. I think the kings need someone closer to 6-9 that can swing between 3-4-5 (on defense) and hit that corner 3. We need a bit more force around the rim.
They do but I don't think that player exists for a second round pick or any of our players that Monte would be willing to trade. If I can get an upgrade off the bench like Richardson for a measly second round pick, I'm doing it.

What's your take on Trey? Think any of his recent surge is sticky?
Looking at his career stats - this season is not an outlier. He’s shooting it better than in the past, but the uptick is likely from getting better shots.

If he keeps playing with force - he looks like a legit 8/9th man to me. But he’s got to hit the defensive glass harder every night.

Maybe he finally found his role?

Isaac looked like a difference maker last night. I’m really curious to see what direction they go in Orlando with Franz, Bol, Isaac, WCJ, and Banchero and Bamba. Can’t keep all 6, probably need to move on from 2

Look, I'm not convinced Bamba is the answer but if we somehow exchanged Bagley for Lyles and move garbage timers and future G-leaguers (2nd rd picks) for him then I'm willing to accept 2018 as a wash.

Well if he is doing perfectly well then he is not affordable. Same with some other affordable guys in market. We are just not as rich in terms of trade assets.
Kind of a nice change where we aren't rich in trade assets because our top 7 (maybe 8 with Lyles?) are playing too well to include in any potential deals. Much better than our normal alternative where nobody wants our trade assets because we're bad