NFL 2022-2023 Season Thread

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I'm not at all sure what they were thinking. A pass downfield to a receiver who not only has no lateral target in sight but who also is going to be immediately hunted by a DB who can see exactly where the pass is going. Great play if you want a sure 10 yards.
With Zeke as their center, I was sure they were going to go with a downhill run or lateral to just get forward momentum going to potential outlet the ball to Zeke further downfield or something of that nature but instead they went with a ten yard stop and go and just hoped the Niners' defense would forget to play or something

With Zeke as their center, I was sure they were going to go with a downhill run or lateral to just get forward momentum going to potential outlet the ball to Zeke further downfield or something of that nature but instead they went with a ten yard stop and go and just hoped the Niners' defense would forget to play or something
You Got to admit, it was a really nice 9 yard out though. Crisp pass

Congrats to the Niners. I’ll be one of the few not rooting for them next week :D

should be a good game. Niners have the momentum and Hurts is not close to 100 percent but we are a tough team collectively

LOL Zeke immediately got destroyed on the snap. And that is why people get paid to play center.
lmao because I watch OTA I didn't have a way to watch the replay when I suddenly saw everyone going nuts about why that was such a horrible play.

I guess your season is over after that play but umm, feels like a good way for either your star RB or QB to wind up in surgery on Monday.

I think he thought he got his left foot earlier....
sure but with that much room and not hit incoming you just take two or three dribble steps on the way out but he was sprinting so hard at the sideline he lost track of everything. It's like the guy who catches an easy out with nobody in sight 20 yards in any direction and then proceeds to drop the ball as he turns upfield for a gimme TD. always make sure you actually complete the catch.

Jerry Jones before leaving stadium took some Q's from press. Said he was "sick" at least 3 separate times. Said Cowboys got "outscemed" (ie, outcoached) by them (49ers) and left impression will be changes in personnel, coaching staff, etc. Jones looked old as dirt and "sick" and tired of it - so maybe he's the one that needs to go!

Purdy didn't light up the box-score in this one, but this game was maybe just as impressive as his Seahawks start. Cowboys defense was freaking flying today and the 49er O-line was giving him absolutely no help whatsoever. Some pretty conservative play-calling and the offense was just really flat for most of the game.

But to his credit, he got rid of the ball quickly, took what was open, didn't turn it over and made a few huge throws that was just enough to get them over the hump. In a defensive struggle, from your 7th round last pick in the draft making his 8th career NFL start... I'm not sure we can ask more of him than what he showed out there. Dallas defense was as impressive a unit I've seen all season from an opposing team.

Wait Denver, Seattle?
Denver and Seattle have nothing on Philly imho.

In NFL Pittsburgh and Raiders can be equally bad (psychology of the black primary colors and their success in the 70s I think draws some real heels to their fan bases) but Philly is just perhaps the most toxic fan base as a whole between every sport except maybe MLS.

Great game. Defense was on point all night long on both sides of the ball.

Hopefully, all this means that McFarter has booked his exit trip out of Dallas.

Oh, and beat those damn She-gles for me next weekend in Philly!!!
I dunno if they beat the Eagles, and will probably not be favored, but the 49ers defense are elite, and can force turnovers. Losing Pollard put too much pressure on the Cowboys - Elliot is not the same as he once was. I thought it would be an offensive game but it wasn't.....the Eagles game may be similar next week. Hurts is a better athlete than Prescott, and is going to give the 49ers fits running the ball - I can already see it. I'm not sure the 49ers advance, but if their defense has a similar game to today, they will have a decent shot.

I dunno if they beat the Eagles, and will probably not be favored, but the 49ers defense are elite, and can force turnovers. Losing Pollard put too much pressure on the Cowboys - Elliot is not the same as he once was. I thought it would be an offensive game but it wasn't.....the Eagles game may be similar next week. Hurts is a better athlete than Prescott, and is going to give the 49ers fits running the ball - I can already see it. I'm not sure the 49ers advance, but if their defense has a similar game to today, they will have a decent shot.
I dunno if they end up beating them either, and I agree with you; The She-gles will be favored at home (they open as 2.5 point favorites). But, god freaking dammit, I HATE the She-gles!!!! So I want the Niners to win...LOL!!! :p:p:p

Fractured fibula for Tony Pollard. Will need surgery...Sucks for him. I'm kind of undecided on what I want done with that offense.

I kind of want to see the team keep Dak, though, but get rid of McFarter. Give Dak a chance to play under a new coach, and if THAT doesn't work out, make their move at the quarterback position). I could care less what happens to Zeke and Pollard moving forward at this point, but I say give it another shot with Dak under center playing for a new head coach.