Domantas "Big D" Sabonis

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just popping in to drop my regular reminder that Monte McNair didn't have to give up a single first round pick to acquire Domantas Sabonis, who's playing like an All-NBA talent this season.
He also willingly traded away his biggest draft success to create a much more balanced roster.

Poor drafting is probably the biggest reason for the Kings playoff drought. When you draft well, it gives you either the option of developing that player or having a valuable trade chip. The jury is still out on Mitchell, but Murray looks like a starter caliber player for years to come, and Haliburton is likely a future all-star.

I wish Monte had better success in the second round, but at least he's not whiffing on first rounders. That's huge for the Kings.

The jury is still out on Mitchell
Not really, I don’t think.

Off night is a very nice player with a very good skill set on defense while being a capable shooter/scorer. He‘s already valuable role player that is getting better.

On top of that, I don’t see many names, if any, drafted after Mitchell that I’d say McNair should have drafted instead.

From my view, McNair hasn’t missed on a 1st RDP yet.

gunks

Hall of Famer
If you were GM and the Pacers call wanting a "tradesies backsies" would you do it?

Hali was my favorite player when he was here, and I absolutely think he's a future allstar, but there's no way I'm trading Sabonis for him straight up today.

Domas has been freakin insane this season.

If you were GM and the Pacers call wanting a "tradesies backsies" would you do it?

Hali was my favorite player when he was here, and I absolutely think he's a future allstar, but there's no way I'm trading Sabonis for him straight up today.

Domas has been freakin insane this season.
Yeah, absolutely not. Domas type players simply don't grow on trees, and, while i thoroughly enjoy Haliburtons game, i think you can find guys like him with a similar skillset or close to it.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Indeed.

15/15/15 is awesome enough, but to do its 15 times and then stop?!

Stylin'.
It's "at least" so it's kind of one of those made up stats. Although if he had 15 15/15/15 games exactly that would be something.
I think his overall line of 19pts 16 ast 15 boards is even more rare when you "at least" it, despite not being wildly off the cool number.