The Wrestling Thread~

Smackdown's womens division continues to be a total mess but I'm just glad they changed course and got the belt off of Rousey as fast as they possibly could.
I assume this means what I think it does, but why not give it to anyone else? How many times has Charlotte held it now. Is she supposed to break her dad's record that spanned 4 decades in ~10 years?

I know she wasn't special but wish Liv was given more time with it.

Charlotte’s back for 15 seconds and I’m already sick of her:
Smackdown's womens division continues to be a total mess but I'm just glad they changed course and got the belt off of Rousey as fast as they possibly could.
I assume this means what I think it does, but why not give it to anyone else? How many times has Charlotte held it now. Is she supposed to break her dad's record that spanned 4 decades in ~10 years?

I know she wasn't special but wish Liv was given more time with it.
Liv > Charlotte...'Nuff Said.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Shinsuke hits the Great Muta with some of his own medicine (after a really hard to explain chain of events) and gets the pin to win the surprisingly short match. The event itself was running a little long and Mutoh’s not really in the best of shape anymore (hence the retirement tour) but it was cool getting to see Shinsuke (a) wrestle in Japan again and (b) be more than a jobber. Also he brought his cooling guy back.

EDIT:

Last edited:

SLAB

Hall of Famer
She botched it so much that I can't even tell what exactly the move is supposed to look like lol
I saw a clip of what it’s supposed to be, and it still is stupid. It’s the Gory Bomb set-up quickly slung around into a DDT. It looks like one of those “Create your own finishers” from the old Smackdown games.

Not Sasha botching her first time in a ring in a year and with her new gimmick!
She botched it so much that I can't even tell what exactly the move is supposed to look like lol
I saw a clip of what it’s supposed to be, and it still is stupid. It’s the Gory Bomb set-up quickly slung around into a DDT. It looks like one of those “Create your own finishers” from the old Smackdown games.
That, quite literally, looks like one of those moves, if ever executed on me in that exact same fashion, would result in me jumping right back up, getting all up in her face, and telling her to her face just how weak that garbage is.

That looked...BAD.

So.
Freaking.
Bad.

Not quite as bad as Cora going off on Roxanne with that skateboard that broke before it even made contact with Roxanne's body, but still...

PRETTY.
FREAKING.
BAD.

Did Mercedes adopt half of Taya Valkyrie's aborted WWE gimmick?

Anyways, if McMahon is coming in just so that he can guide the sale of WWE to Disney/Fox or NBC/Universal ok whatever? If he is gonna undo everything Trips has done this is very very bad. Hopefully the future buyers will keep Trips as head of creative, but I'm slightly troubled that the stock price immediately went up on this news. The in ring product and the capital product are dramatically out of sync.

Is Vince taking creative back in all of this or is it really about just trying to get the highest sale price?
Stock is up from 72.xx to 90.xx since January 6.

What I don't get in all of this is talent was begging to jump ship and come back to WWE once Vince left. Fan approval is also higher. What is it that Wall Street likes about Vince coming back, other than the bet that whoever buys WWE will overpay?