[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (JAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching Blazers Pistons. Ivey is playing as advertised. Spectacular play, erratic play and no defense. the real bogie is going off again. Get him off that team. Blazers are looking pretty good and their defense is improved. GP11 playing for the first time this season. Bagley has left the game with a right hand injury

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Kangz luck is having to play the Hawks before they completely imploded.

(And as I type this Warriors miss a shot to win the game and it goes to double OT)

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Trae legitimately might be the worst defender I've ever seen. Physically weak and with the awareness of a drunk Buddy Hield and absolutely zero effort.

Oladipo has really turned the clock back past few games his defense has been elite tier and scoring well the Heat if they make a few moves and he's healthy will be dangerous for the likes of Boston imo.

Ooooof. I haven't had much hope that Bagley could ever turn himself into a winning rotation player, but it's damn near impossible if he can't ever get over the injury bug. He was surprisingly playing decently well in that 20 MPG role
I'll just never get over that it was the "NBA body" that wowed the Vlade/BW FO so much they didn't even work out other candidates.

I'll just never get over that it was the "NBA body" that wowed the Vlade/BW FO so much they didn't even work out other candidates.
This was right when Giannis was starting to enter his prime and take over the NBA. They saw the 6'11 frame and a dude with the athleticism and movement of a guard.

I know people like to pile on about this pick, but Bagley had no injuries in HS or College. There were no indications he would be injury prone.
Believe me I certainly appreciate that but it doesn't make the fact that we passed on a generational talent at least in part because he was a doughboy to pick the athletic freak who can't seem to string 20 straight games together any more comforting.

And I've always been very kind to Bagley.

Yeah, he's glass. Freak injuries are his story along with developmental misuse.
I don't think they're really freak. He's got pretty bad awareness and body control and always moves like he's out of control.

He's basically the NBA equivalent of that clumsy cartoon character who keeps stepping on rakes.

He also has his idiot dad as his personal trainer, I doubt that helps.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
I don't think they're really freak. He's got pretty bad awareness and body control and always moves like he's out of control.

He's basically the NBA equivalent of that clumsy cartoon character who keeps stepping on rakes.

He also has his idiot dad as his personal trainer, I doubt that helps.
Maybe, and that's probably part of his physical issues. This dude has had almost every part of his body hurt in some way but most of the time it's through some sort of contact.

Kuzma slicing up the Bucks defense. If the Lakers make a trade it should probably be for him. Sign Kyrie in the off-season and you have:

AD
Lebron
Kuzma
Reeves
Kyrie

not that I want that to happen

Status
Not open for further replies.