[Game] Kings vs Lakers, 12/21/2022 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Keegan-Barnes-Huerter:

69 points (nice) on 46 shots
46% from 3 on 12-26 shooting
And Huerter made all 5 of his Free Throws.

When the spacers are shooting like that, we just aren't going to lose.
And in true Kings fashion, Malik completely forgot how to shoot to compensate for it.

Grizz and Pelicans, yes, Suns if they get out of their own way, yes.

But I'm not into the Nuggets supporting cast and the Clippers are too old and injury volatile for me to say for sure. 3 years ago they absolutely are, but is that who they are anymore?
Yeah, Murray needs to work back from injury and MPJ has to show he can stay on the floor, but Jokic is just otherworldly right now. Give him a couple shooters and a couple defenders and he gets you to 50+ wins every season.

The Clippers are just the team you want to avoid in the playoffs. It doesn't seem like they're ever going to play their full strength team in the regular season very often, but that depth and if they can limp PG and Kawhi healthy into a 7 game series? Oof. Tough tough out

Whoever books these halftime acts in Sac… SMH

Trying to remember the last singer that wasn’t frequently off key. Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s a problem with their audio systems.
You missed the Anthony-Hopkins-looking "chair guy" on Monday night. Guy was out of his mind - from Ringling Bros or something.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
This team has needed a combo 3/4 forward who can run into catch and shoot threes desperately for about 15 years. With the additions of Monk and Huerter around the Fox/Barnes/Sabonis trio we have a solid team already but adding a rookie like Keegan who's only starting to scratch the surface of the player he'll eventually become and is already the perfect missing piece to this offense is what really gives me confidence that the Kings will just keep getting better.

This team has needed a combo 3/4 forward who can run into catch and shoot threes desperately for about 15 years. With the additions of Monk and Huerter around the Fox/Barnes/Sabonis trio we have a solid team already but adding a rookie like Keegan who's only starting to scratch the surface of the player he'll eventually become and is already the perfect missing piece to this offense is what really gives me confidence that the Kings will just keep getting better.
Not to mention, he has already made noticable improvement on defense this season. And he wasn't exactly a poor defender to begin with.