Tyrese Watch 2022-23

Watching Pacers @ Jazz under 3 minutes in the 4th, 114-111 Cavs. On last possession Tyrese got away with obvious steps then jumped into the chest of a stationary defender for a friendly whistle. We've truly lost our boy.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Watching Pacers @ Jazz under 3 minutes in the 4th, 114-111 Cavs. On last possession Tyrese got away with obvious steps then jumped into the chest of a stationary defender for a friendly whistle. We've truly lost our boy.
Dude has apparently forgotten how to shoot and is well on his way to giving up 40 points to Spida tonight so Tyrese truly has embraced the Dark Side.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
As good as Turner is on defense, I don't know how you win many games longterm playing Tyrese, Benn, and Buddy at the same time when all three are sieves on defense right now.

As good as Turner is on defense, I don't know how you win many games longterm playing Tyrese, Benn, and Buddy at the same time when all three are sieves on defense right now.
I really thought Benn would be a good 2-way and he probably would be fine in a scheme that had some accountability and didn't feature Buddy. Kinda sucks though because if he hits a wall he offers nothing if no defense, seems like Keegan was at least a live body on D when he was struggling.

Also this exchange between Tyrese and Buddy brought on a whole bunch of Walton Kings PTSD

This isn't really related to Hali, but I have to wonder how that team is going to do now that they clearly aren't tanking, and clearly aren't taking the step into an obvious playoff team.

They're falling back to Earth but clearly are not in the Wemby sweepstakes, or even in any real position to add a blue-chip prospect now.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
This isn't really related to Hali, but I have to wonder how that team is going to do now that they clearly aren't tanking, and clearly aren't taking the step into an obvious playoff team.

They're falling back to Earth but clearly are not in the Wemby sweepstakes, or even in any real position to add a blue-chip prospect now.
They’re pretty much the Kings 2011-2021

6 months ago he could have just said "I'm happy for my time in Sacramento, but I'm home now in Indy and really enjoy what we're building here". All this is on him at this point, just shut the questions down. Making it real hard for Kings fans to keep rooting for him, Jesus.

Rooks says in the interview "I asked the question guys! It was me!" Yeah of course you did lol. You know it's going to get clipped and make it's way around NBA twitter.

Last edited:

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
6 months ago he could have just said "I'm happy for my time in Sacramento, but I'm home now in Indy and really enjoy what we're building here". All this is on him at this point, just shut the questions down. Making it real hard for Kings fans to keep rooting for him, Jesus.
Eh, who cares? I'm a Kings fan, not a Pacers fan. In general, I guess I'd like him to do well. But I'm 100% interested in whether the Kings are succeeding right now, not the Pacers, not Haliburton, and not any other player or team in the league. I don't even think about him unless someone brings it up.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Eh, who cares? I'm a Kings fan, not a Pacers fan. In general, I guess I'd like him to do well. But I'm 100% interested in whether the Kings are succeeding right now, not the Pacers, not Haliburton, and not any other player or team in the league. I don't even think about him unless someone brings it up.
You're basically on that Vince McMahon, "Once they leave the territory, they cease to exist" vibe, huh?

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
You're basically on that Vince McMahon, "Once they leave the territory, they cease to exist" vibe, huh?
Pretty much.

Edit: I barely have time to watch Kings games, much less NBA games from a bunch of other cities across the US. Do I really care how the shooting guard from Miami or the backup center from Toronto is doing this year? No. Unless they are playing the Kings it doesn't affect me in the least.

Last edited:
Looking at the guards in the East, ahead of Hali in the standing are Jrue Holiday, Jaylen Brown, Donovan Mitchell, Darius Garland, Kyrie, Harden, Jalen Brunson, RJ Barrett, Jimmy Butler and Kyle Lowry, with Trey Young, Zach Lavine, Bradley Beal and Lamelo Ball behind the Pacers (but can still win the popularity contest).

6 guards spots with 2 of them being starters, where do you guys see Hali fitting?

I think 2 of Mitchell/Brown/Harden will be the starters and Hali will be the 5/6th guard this year

Almost every player you named is a bigger name or in a bigger market - and in more than 6 cases both - with probably the only exception being Garland, but DM is taking at least one spot no brainer.

I think he deserves a spot but I think he's a coinflip at best for one of those last spots.