[Game] Kings @ Cavs 12/9/2022 4:30pm Pacific 7:30pm Eastern

On a scale of doomed to DOOMED, how doomed are the Kings?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if or when the Kings can sign Domas yet but Monte/Vivek need to go ahead and pay that man.
Because his current contract is such a steal ($18mil/season LOL), we basically have to wait till he's a FA so he can get his proper money. I believe if we offered him an extension this upcoming off-season, it'd be like $70mil less than what we can offer when he's a FA under extension rules.

I'm not worried about it in the slightest. He's done nothing but embrace Sacramento since he got here, his wife's family is in California, we can pay him the most once he hits FA. Basically just came down to if we could put up a good enough team that'd he'd stay. That's looking INCREASINGLY likely

No TD, No Fox, Monk was off for like his first game in a month. But Davion gave enough of a scoring spark when needed and Keegan obviously huge with the floor spacing to make it up. Great to see Huerter shoot out of his slump too; 19 points on 15 shots.
Not the first time Huerter's done diddly much of the game then turned it on in winning time. He'll hit some and miss some, but I LOVE his willingness to step to the moment regardless.

I'm not worried about it in the slightest. He's done nothing but embrace Sacramento since he got here, his wife's family is in California, we can pay him the most once he hits FA. Basically just came down to if we could put up a good enough team that'd he'd stay. That's looking INCREASINGLY likely
Doubtless the team's prospects will be a real factor for him. but it'll be more than that. The guy gives every indication of LOVING it in Sac. Everyone does. Word is spreading arond the league - the Kings are up and coming AND the guys love playing for coach and with each other. Sacramento just might become a bit of a destination city for some FAgents.

Kingz19

Hall of Famer
Player of the game: Domas. He was dominant during that 19-0 run. Eating up every board. Blocked 2 shots that turned into Kings possessions. Got a steal(maybe 2 in that stretch). Assists. Buckets.

I think we all assumed that Domas wouldn’t be an all star this season. Not because he wouldn’t be an all star caliber player but his numbers would be understated compared to others even if his impact is similar..but his numbers are pretty damn impressive too. 18-19-6

Davion and Delly both combined to shut down Garland. He had zero breathing room in the second half. Delly was even more tenacious than Davion. I noted earlier in the season that despite Delly being billed as a good defender, I was surprised to find he actually is a very good defender. I knew he was a good defender in Cleveland but I thought thous days were over. I was expecting basically a hustle guy that’s diving on the floor for loose balls and playing physical but he was actually suffocating Garland in the second half. Davion came in and continued and had a good 4th. Delly had 3 steals.

Barnes is really putting it together as far as consistency. 5 straight games in double figures. Kings are like 10-2 when he scores 13 or more.

Huerter was excellent in the second half. Clutch three he has been in a slump. Maybe that shoulder was in a bad place the last week or so.

Keegan seems to have gotten used to the road. Strong game tonight. Didn’t let the foul trouble throw him out of rhythm. That’s big

off night for Monk.

Solid minutes from Metu and Lyles but Lyles needs to retire the pump fake and drive. It drives as crazy as it did when Bjeli used to do it…and Bjeli was an infinitely better passer off the dribble than Lyles so it really annoys me when Lyles does it. Let it fly.

The Kings are an exhausting team to try and come back against, ive said it before, but I can think of no better example of it than what we just saw from the cavs in the 4th... they were spent... Jarrett Allen had 0 fouls at halftime and somehjow picks up 4 fouls in a 5 minute span in the 3rd.

-Davion had Garland undercontrol in the 1st.
-in the 2nd Garland gets completely loose, all of a sudden hes got 13 points they collapse our lead. Happens so fast a casual observer might forget about how tightly he had him clamped early.
-Garland scores a few points at the start of the 3rd q n doesnt make another FG rest of the game.

Mitchell actually won the matchup.. Which is fantastic news cuz Garland is an All-star and one of the best in the league..

and Delly adds to this, especially in this particular game, not just in theory.. Mike Brown must've known there would be nights like this when they took Delly over Cook.

Rewatching the last 5 minutes and holy crap:

Sabonis blocks LeVert on the drive, leads the break, makes a stupidly brilliant pass to Davion for an easy lay-up. What a sequence.

The Kings are an exhausting team to try and come back against, ive said it before, but I can think of no better example of it than what we just saw from the cavs in the 4th... they were spent... Jarrett Allen had 0 fouls at halftime and somehjow picks up 4 fouls in a 5 minute span in the 3rd.

-Davion had Garland undercontrol in the 1st.
-in the 2nd Garland gets completely loose, all of a sudden hes got 13 points they collapse our lead. Happens so fast a casual observer might forget about how tightly he had him clamped early.
-Garland scores a few points at the start of the 3rd q n doesnt make another FG rest of the game.

Mitchell actually won the matchup.. Which is fantastic news cuz Garland is an All-star and one of the best in the league..

and Delly adds to this, especially in this particular game, not just in theory.. Mike Brown must've known there would be nights like this when they took Delly over Cook.
Garland 19 points on 17 shots, 6 assists and 6 TO's. Yeah, I'd say Mitchell and Delly won that match-up in a big way.

Davion's defense in the clutch is just seriously so freaking valuable. With how often elite guards just take over the game the last 5 minutes in the NBA, having a guy who can clamp down like he can is just so rare in the league now. Who else is on this same level? Smart? Jrue Holiday?

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Sabonis is a freaking stud. I don't think he's an All Star. I think he's a superstar. EIGHTEEN freaking rebounds against the length of Cleveland? Holy moley. When the Kings got him in trade I said he was a tough SOB, and now that I see him over several games he's even tougher than I thought. Remember when the Kings were soft? Forget about it now. Those days are over. These guys that play against Sabonis hate playing against him for a reason.

Add incredible shooting efficiency from Barnes and Murray who had a total of 38 points off of 17 shots, add some special sauce in D. Mitchell's defense, and the Kings made mince-meat out of Cleveland Cavaliers, giving them their only 2nd loss at home for the season. Great, great game.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Understandable that the Domas-Tyrese trade will dominate chatter but the Hawks gifting us Kevin Huerter looks worse every day. And it looked real bad the day it was reported…
But what about that lotto protected pick that will probably convey to the Hawks next year?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.