[Game] Kings vs. Spurs, 11/17/2022 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may but a small damper on the party. But I'd trade Barnes for a better piece right now if I could. This would be a great time to sell high on him. Bring In a great piece at the right time. Thoughts?
Absolutely not. And I was all over Barnes the first 8 games of the season.

The Kings are clearly building something here. They're an elite offense, the 10 man rotation is set in stone and playing extremely well. Fox and Sabonis should be all-stars if the game was tomorrow. Holmes or any of the back-end pieces are the guys you look at moving, not any of the current guys in the rotation.

I'm more than fine playing through the Barnes contract and if he leaves in the off-season, so be it. He's clearly found his groove again and I think him being a team leader as we push to break the playoff drought is far more important than extracting any mid-season value through a trade. Let's see where we're at around the deadline and potentially make moves from there. For now, you ride this wave and keep developing

Never underestimate the value of one player, even one who may not be one of our best. When we traded Shumpert away that one year, we completely fell apart as a team. Just regressed in every way.
The push back is that they will have to give up value to gain value. I'm not sure who else they realistically go into discussions for, besides Barnes and Holmes. Obviously a team would be taking a chance on Holmes, thinking their system is a fit and hoping he'd get back to where he was prior to the eye injury.

I think McNair will try to do something to add a piece, if this team is positioned to make a playoff push before the dead line.

The push back is that they will have to give up value to gain value. I'm not sure who else they realistically go into discussions for, besides Barnes and Holmes. Obviously a team would be taking a chance on Holmes, thinking their system is a fit and hoping he'd get back to where he was prior to the eye injury.

I think McNair will try to do something to add a piece, if this team is positioned to make a playoff push before the dead line.
Honestly, if you trade one of the more important pieces while the team is developing like this, you risk losing their trust and faith in you. The GM has to strongly consider those risks, it could completely backfire. I think we are going to be patient with this unless we completely regress. No major moves until summer and maybe figure out the Holmes situation before end of the trade deadline.

Absolutely not. And I was all over Barnes the first 8 games of the season.

The Kings are clearly building something here. They're an elite offense, the 10 man rotation is set in stone and playing extremely well. Fox and Sabonis should be all-stars if the game was tomorrow. Holmes or any of the back-end pieces are the guys you look at moving, not any of the current guys in the rotation.

I'm more than fine playing through the Barnes contract and if he leaves in the off-season, so be it. He's clearly found his groove again and I think him being a team leader as we push to break the playoff drought is far more important than extracting any mid-season value through a trade. Let's see where we're at around the deadline and potentially make moves from there. For now, you ride this wave and keep developing
I also can't imagine a Barnes trade that makes sense. If we were tanking and shipped him off to a playoff team for a pick or a prospect maybe. But we're obviously in win-now mode and it's hard to see how we get any value from a trade since we'd be looking for a SF to come back to replace him. Maybe the floated Draymond idea but at this point I'd rather roll with Barnes than make that gamble that could tank the team

Wait.. are we going on a blowout streak now?
It will never compare to the two games I saw in 1993 I think it was.. We beat the Sixers and Dallas I think.. 154-98 against the Sixers and 139-81 against Dallas. I was able to see both those games, and I had never seen anything like that. It was crazy. 58 point win and then a 56 point win back to back. I think it's still the record right? I still have the tickets somewhere in a box.

I tell you what … after years and years of misery — it sure is fun to be a Dolphins and a KINGS fan right now. Super fun offenses/teams to watch. And while I’m a life long Buckeyes fan, I‘ve also been a long time fan of the local Sac State Hornets and they are also a super fun watch this season.

It’s about time I’ve had this much to look forward to sports wise.

KEEP THAT BEAM LIT!

Looking at the Spurs roster this year, This is the first time in a long while that I haven't been able to recognize any player on an NBA roster. I have no idea who these guys are, don't even remember any being drafted.

I don’t get the big deal being made over the Sochan dunk in this game. It really wasn’t even a “dunk”. Dude threw the ball downward through the hoop w/o even touching the rim.

I mean, it looked cool in real time but not all that really impressive. Not “dunk of the season” impressive, anyway, as the Spurs announcers and ESPCNN are making it out to be.

Looking at the Spurs roster this year, This is the first time in a long while that I haven't been able to recognize any player on an NBA roster. I have no idea who these guys are, don't even remember any being drafted.
the one guy of note is Vassell who was taken instead of Halliburton in that draft. Was known for defense coming out of college. Looks like he is coming around a bit as a pro

I tell you what … after years and years of misery — it sure is fun to be a Dolphins and a KINGS fan right now. Super fun offenses/teams to watch. And while I’m a life long Buckeyes fan, I‘ve also been a long time fan of the local Sac State Hornets and they are also a super fun watch this season.

It’s about time I’ve had this much to look forward to sports wise.

KEEP THAT BEAM LIT!
Right there with you on being a die hard Fins/Kings fan. This is our year!!

Absolutely. I still blame Joerger for part of that, but absolutely. And the crazy part was he was a sideways move just as a favor since it was assumed he'd lose his minutes to Barnes but instead Joerger insisted on running the Fox-Buddy-Bogi disaster party.
Shumpert changed everything just by being on the team.
He expected to win. He got on guys when they didn't play like winners.
Now we finally have a coach with the same juju that is "changing the culture." Trite words, but it finally happened.
This is amazing to watch.

"Sacramento fans must be leery of celebrating too early, but the Kings rattled off four more impressive wins this week as their exciting start continued. The offense has been absolutely masterful, not just in transition but also in the half-court, while they've gotten bench contributions from up and down the roster. This team looks like it's having a ton of fun under Mike Brown, and if the defense can slowly creep up the rankings, the Kings might turn themselves into a real contender."

Wow just Wow!
Ranked at #4 with Pels only Western team above us at #2

The heck with #6 seed let's go for #2 seed!

Go Kings! Light the Beam

Duece and Mo said we are 19th in defensive rating over the last 10 games and 16th in the last 5.
We were ok before the first Dubs game (like ~15ish) and it's hard to follow some of these ratings when we are putting up huge numbers on the other side. I heard folks (Matt George for sure) describe last night's game as boring. WE PUT UP 130 POINTS!!!

I think we all said if this team is a top 10 offense (knowing full well we were potentially top 5) anything around 15 on defense would make us more than a play-in seed.

Don't want to read into the power rankings but if we can sustain this for another 10 games I will revise my expectations slightly.

idk. Gives me the same vibe of when we traded Shumpert for him and the chemistry and everything went to hell for a bit
I do think this team is far better suited to handle a mid-season trade though. The problem with that team was 1. Joerger was probably already fighting with the FO and that relationship was rapidly going downhill. And the main issue was Shump was THE veteran leadership on that squad where everyone else was still incredibly young, or immature in WCS case.

That said, I'm not screwing with any of the rotation in the short-term when we're on the best 10 game stretch of the 16 year drought. Look for Holmes deals and evaluate at the trade deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.