[Game] Kings vs. Spurs, 11/17/2022 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a way, I’m more impressed with this W than the Nets game. 2nd and 3rd quarters were a grind. We weren’t shouting from 3 particularly well. Spurs we’re scorching from 3. We held our ground, Fox took over on offense, Davion set the tone on defense and we did what we were supposed to do. Light the MFing Beam!
Kings are now 4-0 vs teams they're "better" than on paper. If we're setting the goal of 45 wins to get a 6 seed, getting W's in these kind of games are exactly what needs to happen.

Very easily could have been a Nets game hangover, especially with how well the Spurs played through 3 quarters. But that Fox-Monk-Davion-Lyles-Metu LU really just closed things down. Great win

It’s been a long time since I had confidence in the Kings bench to contribute to wins. TD, Monk, Lyles, and Davion might be the best bench we’ve had since Bobby Jackson was on it.
What's funny is that two years ago (before Davion was drafted, I know) that would not have sounded like such a great bench.

But now?!

I mean, can you relate?

A young rookie who saw the good days are coming to this town and vowed to help lift us to the Playoffs, then brutally traded away like a piece of goods from his first-ever group of teammates with who he met and bonded.

For his age, I can understand the outburst but I wouldn't call him mal product quiet just yet.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
I mean, can you relate?

A young rookie who saw the good days are coming to this town and vowed to help lift us to the Playoffs, then brutally traded away like a piece of goods from his first-ever group of teammates with who he met and bonded.

For his age, I can understand the outburst but I wouldn't call him mal product quiet just yet.
Not to mention, he's taken control of that Indiana squad and is doing great things for them. I have nothing but love for that kid. He's all heart.

How nice is it that a "bad" game from Sabonis these days is 16-8-1 on 5 shots?

I'm still not entirely sure how we dropped 130. Didn't really feel like we were playing super well on offense outside of that 4th quarter. Huerter, Davis struggled tonight, shot, 5-18. I dunno, something has really just clicked on offense with this team. It has full buy-in top to bottom with Fox/Sabonis playing at an all-star level up top.

How nice is it that a "bad" game from Sabonis these days is 16-8-1 on 5 shots?

I'm still not entirely sure how we dropped 130. Didn't really feel like we were playing super well on offense outside of that 4th quarter. Huerter, Davis struggled tonight, shot, 5-18. I dunno, something has really just clicked on offense with this team. It has full buy-in top to bottom with Fox/Sabonis playing at an all-star level up top.
The guards tore the Spurs up, and Lyles went crazy.

After the Pistons at home, the Kings next 4 opponents are likely solid playoff teams. Excellent test of mettle.
We saw tonight's Spurs having great prep work (obviously with Pop's coaching you almost expected that), which means teams will start to adjust to this new Kings team. So yes I agree 100%. The next stretch will be a real test.

Fox 28 points, 8 assists, 0 turnovers, +36. Dominant

Taking care of business. This game could’ve easily gone south. Kings went for the KO in the first half and the Spurs weathered it and shot the ball very well. They took away some of the stuff the Kings wanted to do with Domas(only 1 assist tonight). Perfect opportunity to fold and deliver a disappointing L but they win going away.

Bench was great. Obviously Monk was the star. I expect big things every game from him now.

I think Davion Mitchell changed the game almost single handedly on a few defensive possessions in the third when the game was tied or one possession. He completely shut down a couple Spurs possession at the half court before they can even get into their offense. Kings scored on the stops and never looked back.

Metu continues to solidify himself as a legitimate rotation player.

Great performance by Lyles.

I’ll give it a couple more games but it would appear Barnes is back or close to being back to form. Most importantly he seems to flow with the offense now rather than seeming like a square peg when he goes for his offense. Probably helped by his outside shot beginning to come around.

Quiet games for Huerter and TD but both did other things well.

One of the signs of a team turning the corner is they always take out the trash at home. They did tonight and I expect they’ll do so against Detroit.

These guys are fun to watch

I’ll give it a couple more games but it would appear Barnes is back or close to being back to form. Most importantly he seems to flow with the offense now rather than seeming like a square peg when he goes for his offense. Probably helped by his outside shot beginning to come around.
One would hope that he finally found his place in this lineup and found where he needs to be at different times to be impactful.

Status
Not open for further replies.