[Game] Kings @ Warriors, 11/07/2022 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
too many variables. I was thinking closer to the equator (Belize or Costa Rica seem nice). But also my mom has a condo on one of the Vancouver Islands, I wondered if that would potentially be a path up there, but I also would not actually want to live in a crappy apartment condo ever again. My partner is nowhere close to retirement and I really don't plan on ever giving someone half my stuff again so that's another barrier. Sometimes I think about just snowbirding between Washington and Arizona. Or staying in Oregon but outside the city, I think I'd be better off in WA though even though I like buying guitars tax free lol
isn't Costa Rica about 70% forest? or along those numbers. snowbirding is very frequent in the warmer states, gets way too congested and makes everything that much more miserable.

Don't give the league any ideas. They'd absolutely love the chance to gift the Warriors Wemby
So this W could very well be our vindication that ends up keeping them horrible yet just enough Ws, just far away from the top prospects... hahaha

I need to come back to this comment after the season.

isn't Costa Rica about 70% forest? or along those numbers. snowbirding is very frequent in the warmer states, gets way too congested and makes everything that much more miserable.
I am judging by the beach pictures of friends that lived there for a few years. They did mention some quirks, like giant beetles that "cleaned" their house.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
It's really a shame we don't get to have our customary "Any questions?" thread after this game cause Fox and Monk aren't afraid of anybody right now and that was awesome to see. We didn't play a very good game in general but we had strong performances from a few key players and that bench unit was putting in work on defense. The losses hurt but this looks like a team that could be formidable if they manage to get all the pieces clicking together. Yes I realize we've been saying that pretty much every year and it never pans out but what can I say, I prefer to remain optimistic until proven otherwise.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
It's really a shame we don't get to have our customary "Any questions?" thread after this game cause Fox and Monk aren't afraid of anybody right now and that was awesome to see. We didn't play a very good game in general but we had strong performances from a few key players and that bench unit was putting in work on defense. The losses hurt but this looks like a team that could be formidable if they manage to get all the pieces clicking together. Yes I realize we've been saying that pretty much every year and it never pans out but what can I say, I prefer to remain optimistic until proven otherwise.
With the west looking like an absolute dog fight in the early going this season, the Kings don't necessarily need to put it all together to stay in the conversation quite yet.

Barnes is the ultimate nothing player much like Rudy Gay and Jeff Green, they all possess amazing attributes but simply show up to get paid and don't contribute to winning and have zero fire.

Fox has been elite level so far on par with imo SGA/Morant/Curry this season he can't do more nor should he be expected.

Also the whole crap of reuniting the 3 Nigerians players with Mike Brown (who failed to win a game in that last tournament) non of whom should be in the NBA literally wasted three spots the Kings could use. They belong in the G-League. Keegan Murray needs to go back to looking like himself rather than Austin Daye.

Just accept the fact that we have to be Playoffs-bound good in order to lose the "It must be Kings' fault" stigma.

Only caught parts of the game in the second half but Monk looked amazing. Second unit actually showing up big. No idea what the final possession was - down 1 under 20 seconds that’s a must-foul. Trying to trap and letting clock run down was dumb. Just foul Steph even if it’s a free 2 points we get the ball back with time to run a play to try to find a 3

Move Murray back to playing most of his games coming in with the second unit.
its become really easy to find him on the court as al you have to do is look in one of the corners with no movement.
And with Barnes lack of offense and defense you really only have 3 starters that are our go to players who we depend on for scoring.

This is just not working and I love when it’s crunch time and we can’t hold a lead.
I am starting to wonder about our coaching?

The Kings point differential last year was -5.5. Two to three buckets per game. The median and average point differential was ~0, essentially a free throw. Phx had the best points differential at 7.5 and the Blazers had the worse at -8.9--outcomes are decided by a few buckets + a free throw or two. That's it.

The Kings points differential this season is -2.1. They're losing less, by a bucket, per game (SSS alert).

Yhall going to be doing this refs complaining thing all season? Because the delta between good and bad teams is a few buckets and maybe a free throw per game--at the most. Calls for and against will normalize over the season. Winning teams find ways to win.

Move Murray back to playing most of his games coming in with the second unit.
its become really easy to find him on the court as al you have to do is look in one of the corners with no movement.
And with Barnes lack of offense and defense you really only have 3 starters that are our go to players who we depend on for scoring.

This is just not working and I love when it’s crunch time and we can’t hold a lead.
I am starting to wonder about our coaching?
Murray needs to counter by driving the ball when defenders jump at him. Preferably off of either hand. He hasn't yet. His three point attempts and three point % are direct results of this (current, maybe forever) limitation.

LMAO, kangz gonna kangz.

Brown gave way too many minutes to Davis, who somehow manages to have a lower IQ than Buddy.

Amazingly stupid tactics at the end of the game also. We always find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

The Kings point differential last year was -5.5. Two to three buckets per game. The median and average point differential was ~0, essentially a free throw. Phx had the best points differential at 7.5 and the Blazers had the worse at -8.9--outcomes are decided by a few buckets + a free throw or two. That's it.

The Kings points differential this season is -2.1. They're losing less, by a bucket, per game (SSS alert).

Yhall going to be doing this refs complaining thing all season? Because the delta between good and bad teams is a few buckets and maybe a free throw per game--at the most. Calls for and against will normalize over the season. Winning teams find ways to win.
Counterpoint. If you are losing by 2 points a game and you get one or two blatant non calls to go your way, what’s the point differential then? For example last night if you take away the two points from Curry’s shot clock violation and add three from Huerter’s free throws ( you swing from -2 to positive 3). Winning teams find ways to win is a lazy argument.

too many variables. I was thinking closer to the equator (Belize or Costa Rica seem nice). But also my mom has a condo on one of the Vancouver Islands, I wondered if that would potentially be a path up there, but I also would not actually want to live in a crappy apartment condo ever again. My partner is nowhere close to retirement and I really don't plan on ever giving someone half my stuff again so that's another barrier. Sometimes I think about just snowbirding between Washington and Arizona. Or staying in Oregon but outside the city, I think I'd be better off in WA though even though I like buying guitars tax free lol
Easy, live in Washington, shop in Oregon!

So I have a question and I’m sure it’s out of frustration
I didn’t i/don’t understand when we won the challenge on Curry on the 3 out where his left leg went up and fouled Monk(?) why they gave him the 3pts when it was a foul and they let them take it out to the side instead another point?

Status
Not open for further replies.