Stockton Kings 2022-2023 Thread

O’Connell, Horne, and Steward were with the summer league team. They have Chance Comanche listed as a two-way player but that can’t possibly be right.
Chima is also currently with the Stockton squad as well
I think Chima may not be ready for rotation minutes at this point. He may be better off being waived and signed to the Stockton Kings, to open up a roster spot for a legit back up small forward on the big league Kings roster. I don't think the Kings would be endanger of losing Chima to another team and we can develop Chima in the G-League.

Swaping Chima for a re-signed Bazemore would be more aligned with the Kings goals of making the playoff roster this year.

I think Chima may not be ready for rotation minutes at this point. He may be better off being waived and signed to the Stockton Kings, to open up a roster spot for a legit back up small forward on the big league Kings roster. I don't think the Kings would be endanger of losing Chima to another team and we can develop Chima in the G-League.

Swaping Chima for a re-signed Bazemore would be more aligned with the Kings goals of making the playoff roster this year.
I’m a big Chima fan. But I do think he’s a longer term play. I think the G-League will be useful in getting him up to speed with his role. He looks more like a 4 to me than a 3 and his minutes against Memphis were not good (besides the offensive rebounding). But he has a grit that this team sorely needs. And Terrance Davis makes Bazemore redundant.

Jordan Ford is going to make Stockton fun to watch. His offense is NBA Level - but he’s small and would probably get destroyed on D.

I’m a big Chima fan. But I do think he’s a longer term play. I think the G-League will be useful in getting him up to speed with his role. He looks more like a 4 to me than a 3 and his minutes against Memphis were not good (besides the offensive rebounding). But he has a grit that this team sorely needs. And Terrance Davis makes Bazemore redundant.

Jordan Ford is going to make Stockton fun to watch. His offense is NBA Level - but he’s small and would probably get destroyed on D.
He's 26...hopefully he's ready by the time he's 30.

he was boxing out jay huff, the other guy came from somewhere else i think, also i dont understand these Bobby Jackson rotations...

One thing I learned is you can't trust G League box scores. Whoever does the scoring for them has no idea what they're doing. I watched half the game the box score hardly even resembled what was happening.

One thing I learned is you can't trust G League box scores. Whoever does the scoring for them has no idea what they're doing. I watched half the game the box score hardly even resembled what was happening.
Absolutely, adding to that, half way through the game mentalities seem to change and everyone is out there to inflate their stats...

Same story again, great team offense on the first half but after a while the two offensive black holes of Steward and Ford wake up and it turns into hero ball on most plays, Bobby Jackson needs to do something about this...

Honestly makes me think we might float Davion out there as an asset for another piece or two.
Yeah it's hard to know what to do with Davion. His defense, especially in the clutch, is a giant reason we're winning these games in crunch time, but Brown also seems very resistant to playing him next to Fox for any long stretch. And his offense just hasn't been good outside of like 2 games all year. So if he's only going to be like a 18-20 MPG guy, then it does make sense to explore using him to get that 5th starter.

Ideally though, I'd like to see more Huerter at the 3 to let us get more Davion/Monk minutes with Fox. On a team with a bad defense, it doesn't really make sense to trade the only guy who is consistently good on that end.

Haven't watched a Stockton game, but some of these numbers do look bonkers:

Queta:
31.8 MPG
15.0 PPG
7.5 RPG
2.0 RPG
1.5 BPG
71% TS ???
18.9% USG

Ellis:
35.3 MPG
16.3 PPG