[Game] Kings @ Heat, 11/02/2022 4:30pm Pacific, 7:30pm Eastern

Best set of basketball twins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It just depends how one sees it. I personally think we're still a developing team who will not make the playoffs this year, so I don't expect us to win. If we're able to at the very least be competitive and show signs of growing that is all we can ask for at the moment.
I don't know man. I don't want to extend this playoff drought any longer. Does Sabonis even stay if we don't make it? How much longer can we drink the cool aid? If we not making playoffs I wanna tank for realz and get a shot at the generational talent

Anti-Dadley was okay with Keegan not playing to end the game
His dad is awesome to listen to. He is a natural as a podcast host. Listens, asks the right questions and mixes in light moments and serious topics really well. I don't know if he has done multiple episodes but the one with Kris was great I thought. Great Dad too.

Miami also had the most wins in the eastern conference last season and just played us five days ago. Plus we were also missing our best player.
And if you look at their team they still have Herro and Lowry who can get their own shot and run an offense. Without Fox the Kings have Monk basically. And tonight he showed up to bridge the gap and if he doesn't this is a blowout.

I don't know man. I don't want to extend this playoff drought any longer. Does Sabonis even stay if we don't make it? How much longer can we drink the cool aid? If we not making playoffs I wanna tank for realz and get a shot at the generational talent
Imo the play in is a fantastic first step. If we look like we are building something we go into next season with 4 starters nailed down. If we don't trade for a piece at the break, we will have some cash to sign a good player for that 4 spot. Bring Sasha over next year, Hope Queta can take your back up center spot and then hope to sort out who needs the most playing time between Monk and Davion. Plus we will have a first round pick and 2 second rounders to add depth.

Thats more direction and hope than we have had in years.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Imo the play in is a fantastic first step. If we look like we are building something we go into next season with 4 starters nailed down. If we don't trade for a piece at the break, we will have some cash to sign a good player for that 4 spot. Bring Sasha over next year, Hope Queta can take your back up center spot and then hope to sort out who needs the most playing time between Monk and Davion. Plus we will have a first round pick and 2 second rounders to add depth.

I think this lineup can be .500 or better but I've always felt our inexperience would cost us a playoff berth even if we secured a home play-in match. I just want them to grow and not do anything foolish to mortgage the future, which unfortunately is a risk with Vivek still jumping to secure the postseason.

All this good effort comments.

At what point should we expect to win games? Honest question. I mean when do we say that we should have won a game? On paper I dont see how Miami without butler is the better team yet. We always seem to lose when the teams Star player is out. Everytime I see it I expect a loss these days
So we are just ignoring fox was out? We split our season series with the heat. Seems about right to me.

I have zero faith in Sasha. Queta I have faith in but coaches do not.
Plenty of Minutes for both Davion and Monk.
TD started out Hot idk what happened. He played just good enough to mess up the rotation Minutes for everyone else lol

Yea it's frustrating, but just try to look at the positives. On paper our roster doesn't look too bad.. at least the starting 5 looks pretty formidable. If heurter can keep up his play we basically got a steal and he's young enough to fit the timeline of our other young guys. Keegan murray has the potential to be a borderline all-star in the mold of khris middleton. If not that, he'll still likely project to be a high level role player who will be a good starter. Fox looks like he has taken the next step. Sabonis is a 20/10 guy with decent passing. I doubt we are far away from making the playoffs. Our current core of players just need more experience playing together. I still think we need to shore up our bench. It's not as deep as we initially thought it was. Add a few minor pieces here and there with trades and with a high draft pick in a stacked draft this year things will only look up.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
For one. The guy doesn't fully want to be here or he would be. Either NBA is your dream or it's not haven't seen anyone that's worth anything stay overseas instead of going to nba period.

Two nothing about him stands out. I dont see a bogi in him at all. Hope I'm wrong
we couldn't pay him. Would you come over for 1.5 mil or something when getting paid far more in Europe? The bulk of his salary we could have offered would have gone to his team because of the buyout. Next year will be different if I understand correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.