[Game] Preseason Kings @ Lakers 10/3/2022 7:30pm Pacific 10:30pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha Bill was like "Another amazing pass..." as Delly did the behind-the-back falling-out-of-bound pass, just to hear him finish the sentence with "... for Pippen that didn't come to fruition..."

I spit my water haha

Our third string consists of three of our top nine guys from last year. Metu and Davis even got some starts, so that's an improvement.
I'm not entirely in love with the depth even if it's better than last year.

1-5 is solid presuming Murray gets the minutes he should. Mitchell's a good 6 and Holmes in theory a good 7 should he get back to what he was. I'd like the depth a lot better if Monk doesn't do whatever this is.

We'll see what happens with KZ the rest of preseason. If this was just a "We don't want Keegan's first NBA action vs AD/LeBron" or if he's actually considering him as the "opener" defender on starting wings. Pretty obvious he's a favorite of Brown. That bench unit looks damn explosive though so I get the idea of balancing your USG and upping the defensive ability of the starters. As long as Keegan is consistently getting 25-28, I could live with him off the bench to start the year.

That said, if you do that, you better start off hot and winning games. Otherwise you're going to get asked very quickly why Keegan is sitting in lieu of a journeyman wing defender.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I think I’m ready to wrap up for the night. I can’t take this commentary anymore. Solid debut. More of the same later. Hopefully against non-scrubs like this second half.

But baby steps.
Hey, the start of the third was against 2/5 of the Lakers starting lineup!

We'll see what happens with KZ the rest of preseason. If this was just a "We don't want Keegan's first NBA action vs AD/LeBron" or if he's actually considering him as the "opener" defender on starting wings. Pretty obvious he's a favorite of Brown. That bench unit looks damn explosive though so I get the idea of balancing your USG and upping the defensive ability of the starters. As long as Keegan is consistently getting 25-28, I could live with him off the bench to start the year.

That said, if you do that, you better start off hot and winning games. Otherwise you're going to get asked very quickly why Keegan is sitting in lieu of a journeyman wing defender.
I think Keegan just slots perfectly into the starting lineup. Okpala probably makes it a bit better defensively but the 1-5 of Fox, Huerter, Barnes, Murray, Sabonis is just a clean starting unit.

I'm a bit leery on Okpala minutes because in lieu of that means someone amongst Barnes or Murray is playing a bit too many minutes at 3 for my liking.

I think I’m ready to wrap up for the night. I can’t take this commentary anymore. Solid debut. More of the same later. Hopefully against non-scrubs like this second half.

But baby steps.
The commentary is what is to be expected. On the flip side, if you watched the Kings 2 years ago you would have been happy to listen to our announcers gush over the team we were playing against.

Grant was sickening how much syrup he laid on opposing teams. F that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.