Kings sign Quinn Cook

I’m the grand scheme of things these moves won’t add to our win total, but I really like the competitive nature we are cultivating for camp and preseason. Get these guys in here with NBA experience pushing each other and the young guys.

I’m the grand scheme of things these moves won’t add to our win total, but I really like the competitive nature we are cultivating for camp and preseason. Get these guys in here with NBA experience pushing each other and the young guys.
IDK. In a roundabout way, I think those things you mentioned will add to the win total. Pushing the young guys will impact their on-court performance, and theoretically the W-L total. Anyone who coached knows that games are easy; it's the practice where differences are made. And when you have guys who have been in the playoffs, or have played on championship teams, it's easy to listen to them when they tell you that you need to step it up.

IDK. In a roundabout way, I think those things you mentioned will add to the win total. Pushing the young guys will impact their on-court performance, and theoretically the W-L total. Anyone who coached knows that games are easy; it's the practice where differences are made. And when you have guys who have been in the playoffs, or have played on championship teams, it's easy to listen to them when they tell you that you need to step it up.
I meant the individual players being added like Delly, Cook, Okpala, Etc. As individual players their talent doesn’t add to the win total.

I’m the grand scheme of things these moves won’t add to our win total.
I disagree.. Lets say disaster strikes late in the season and Fox is injured and we've somehow got a punchers chance at the playoffs.. the 3rd string PG is very important well beyond its pay grade in those scenarios, in games that would be more important than the avg game.. .and like, lets say Mitchell is shooting bricks from 3 in said game.. a player like Cook could really help get the offense rolling, give space to our other guards/wings/forwards to play their game comfortably..

I think QC wins this spot for the 3rd PG.

I also like the idea of having a real dead eye shooting PG available for offense/defense type subs for late game scenarios..

Lineups like QC/Monk/Huerter/Murray/Barnes are interesting to me for some out of bounds play late in a game where we need a 3... Everyone can shoot it really well even from range beyond the arc.. Which if you watched this team last season post-trade, we had 0 lineups even remotely close to that..

Last edited:
Anyone who coached knows that games are easy
Have you been watching the same Kings games I have? Easy would not be a word I'd use to describe them.. Monumentally difficult seems more appropriate, and it's gonna be more of the same this season, good thing we're better equipped than we have been..

Last edited:
The last couple of players that we have picked up are just for the bench and most likely will not see much playing time. You have to fill out your roster with someone and I would rather see some veteran player we could turn to in a moment of need.
Leave the others in Stockton as we have a solid rotation with decent backup players we can plug-in.

I prefer this signing than the Delly one. Obviously neither are going to impact wins on the court, but Quinn is a better player at this point if someone goes down with an injury.

Since our top 2 point guards aren't great shooters, I think Quinn Cook wins the 3rd PG spot.

However, I wouldn't be surprised to see Delly getting a coaching gig out of this in a year or two, after he calls it quits, on Mike Brown's staff.

Games should be easier than practice. Good teams look effortless for a reason.
I dont see good teams looking effortless, I see good teams putting in massive effort, covered in sweat, fighting for every inch. Do you watch the playoffs?

I think this concept your speaking of is something highly romanticized and much more relevant to lower levels of competition. these are elite professionals. Team have shootarounds much more than these formalized practices that your thinking of.

Everyone wants things to be easy. winning in the NBA is certainly not easy. It's completely rediculous to me we're sitting here on the forum of a team who hasnt made the playoffs in 20 years, perennially in the lottery, talking about games being easy..

The teams who practice the hardest dont win the championship every year. Thats simplified nonsense.

Ever heard of what happend with Jim Boylan and the chicago bulls a few years ago after Fred Hoiberg was fired? Marathon Practices hours long film sessions.. that produced a 30% win rate..

You cant simulate in practice facing Kevin Durant, Jayson Tatum, Steph Curry or Joel Embiid. You can simulate a watered down version of it, but when the ball tips off thats when the real difficulty begins..

Last edited: