Kings work out vet guards

The other is to look for a guy who could compliment either Fox or Mitchell off the bench if there's an injury, suspension etc.

In that case, I'd be looking for a playmaker with an outside shot who can help with bench scoring. Fox isn't a good outside shooter, Mitchell isn't a consistent scorer or natural playmaker so someone that can come in, run the offense and hit some outside shots to keep the offense moving is a good fit as a backup to either PG. Of the remaining FA PGs, Quinn Cook might be the best fit in this regard.
i don’t see it.
if Fox or Mitchell got hurt, wouldn’t it make more sense to have someone that can get into the paint at will and collapse defences, instead of a spot up shooter like Cook?
The team seems be be built around Fox/Mitchells penetration so why would you move away from that.

Last edited:
i don’t see it.
if Fox or Mitchell got hurt, wouldn’t it make more sense to have someone that can get into the paint at will and collapse defences, instead of a spot up shooter like Cook?
The team seems be be built around Fox/Mitchells penetration so why would you move away from that.
If you're advocating for Tyreke, I think you're assuming that he can just come back and be Memphis Tyreke again. That was 5 years ago. He played poorly the next season in Indiana and hasn't played since.

I'd say the odds of him returning and even being a normal below average NBA player are slim and none right now. Players rarely ever take time off from the game and come back and stay competitive.