KINGS PICKING 4TH IN 2022 NBA DRAFT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not really big on Brogdon as a trade piece but I wouldn't mind trading down to #6 for the right deal. One or both of Daniels & Murray would be there.

Trading down to #7 or further you'd better get a big haul, because then you're looking at guys like Mathurin, Sochan, Sharpe etc.

I'm not really big on Brogdon as a trade piece but I wouldn't mind trading down to #6 for the right deal. One or both of Daniels & Murray would be there.

Trading down to #7 or further you'd better get a big haul, because then you're looking at guys like Mathurin, Sochan, Sharpe etc.
The problem with the Indy trade is they have guards to give and the best guys at 6 are guards as Detroit takes Murray at 5.

or his impact on winning is greater than other players with flashier numbers. If the kings want Keegan they can trade back one spot. 2 spots is pretty risky. That’s not a lot of trade options
The chance of getting a star in the top 5 picks is statistically higher than any other set of picks. U have to go for a star or get paid handsomly to let someone else get the opp to draft a star. It would be pure incompetence if McNair takes a high floor fit at 4.

And I really wish people would stop comparing Murray to Hali. Hali made others better. Murray is going to be in the corner, shooting threes. He succeeds only if Fox decides to prioritize winning over forcing everyone else to play his game.

Brogdon would need to go to a third team. He sees himself as a pg and wants the ball.

The chance of getting a star in the top 5 picks is statistically higher than any other set of picks. U have to go for a star or get paid handsomly to let someone else get the opp to draft a star. It would be pure incompetence if McNair takes a high floor fit at 4.

And I really wish people would stop comparing Murray to Hali. Hali made others better. Murray is going to be in the corner, shooting threes. He succeeds only if Fox decides to prioritize winning over forcing everyone else to play his game.
Someone used Barnes as a comp for Murray. I thought that was a good comp.

gunks

Hall of Famer
That’s … underwhelming. Barnes is a good 4th player in a good team but has proven in his two stops since he does absolutely nothing to help bad teams get anywhere close to over the hump.
I think that's more a Barnes problem than a player archetype problem. He has a pretty good skill set for a modern 3/4, but dude is soft as hell with his disappearing acts wherever the going gets tough.

they are not comparable in playing style, no one said that. They are comparable for the reasons I listed.

it’s also statistically likely that the consensus is wrong, Overwhelmingly so.

if someone says Mathurin or Daniels or Murray will be one of the best 4 players in the draft it isn’t laughable or Kangz just because Sam Vecenie says so

Guess who else apparently wants to leap to four?

According to Stein, The Grizzlies. Lol

So many people want this kid.

Don’t. Be. Stupid.
Would you trade #4 for Bane?

It seems crazy at first glance but I think I'd do it. Perfect fit and in year 2 just put up metrics that are up there in Sabonis land. I think you'd be hard pressed to find that kind of production at our slot in the draft.

they are not comparable in playing style, no one said that. They are comparable for the reasons I listed.

it’s also statistically likely that the consensus is wrong, Overwhelmingly so.

if someone says Mathurin or Daniels or Murray will be one of the best 4 players in the draft it isn’t laughable or Kangz just because Sam Vecenie says so
I don’t really care about consensus when it comes to who i would take. I don’t think Ivey is bpa at 4 either, but if others think so, McNair has a duty to squeeze assets from others, who want to come up and grab him at 4. It’s like charting n stock trading. Charting is pure behavioralism. Doesn’t reveal jack sh*t about the company, but if the entire world is looking at the same charts, u might as well lever that bcz theyre going to make moves off those charts. If the world thinks this a 4 person draft, squeeze da sh*t outta that #4 spot.

As for Murrary, i like him. But he just never popped when i watched him prob around 10 times last yr.

I don’t really care about consensus when it comes to who i would take. I don’t think Ivey is bpa at 4 either, but if others think so, McNair has a duty to squeeze assets from others, who want to come up and grab him at 4. It’s like charting n stock trading. Charting is pure behavioralism. Doesn’t reveal jack sh*t about the company, but if the entire world is looking at the same charts, u might as well lever that bcz theyre going to make moves off those charts. If the world thinks this a 4 person draft, squeeze da sh*t outta that #4 spot.

As for Murrary, i like him. But he just never popped when i watched him prob around 10 times last yr.
Murray didn't pop for me either but his stats by the end of the game did. I found myself rewinding the game against the Rutgers in the tournament because I couldn't figure out where the 26pts came from. That was with him missing all his 3 pointers as well. I just don't know if his bread and butter is going to translate to the NBA. It sure didn't with Bagley but Bagley had less moves and got by more on his athleticism and size.

Ham got laughed at by comparing Murray to Marvin Williams but it's a real possibility that the NBA version of Murray is a lot like Marvin Williams if his 2PT game doesn't translate to the next level. If it does translate, then he could be a better version of Barnes with a slightly worse 3pt shot and better defense but if it doesn't translate, he may be regulated to standing outside the arc waiting for someone to drive and kick.

agreed as long as the guy you want is there when you trade back. If he has Keegan and Ivey in the same tier, trading for an additional asset might not be worth it if you don’t get the guy you want. If he is fine with Dyson or Keegan, then he can pull the trigger

- not viewed as elite athletically
- concerns about ability to create own shot
- big jump in production from year one to two
- wants to play one place entire career
- be a part of something culturally
- advanced stats darling
- Iowa connection
-bright, high bbiq
-Midwest born

sound familiar?
So we will pick Murray and trade him the following year for another all star

I have nothing to add except to remind everyone that none of the quoted statements he made is guaranteed. People nowadays have such a bad tendency to write their personal feelings in fact form. *shrug*

SLAB

Hall of Famer
If Monte drafts Murray, i honestly trust it. I know he hasn't been here long enough for the whole "In Monte we trust" tagline, but, man ... i remember being a little disappointed after both of the last two drafts and i ate my words rather quickly. Hoping for that trend to continue for sure.
Man, if he doesn’t draft the guy the entire NBA seemingly wants and it doesn’t work out … I can’t say it’s a breaking point because Luka already happened and I’m still here but I’ll be even more broken and cynical and salty in my fandom.

It seems crazy at first glance but I think I'd do it. Perfect fit and in year 2 just put up metrics that are up there in Sabonis land. I think you'd be hard pressed to find that kind of production at our slot in the draft.
Bane and Brandon Clarke would be worth considering

There's an offer on RealGm where #4 goes out and JJJ comes in. I'm not a particular fan of it, but it's within the ball park.

Status
Not open for further replies.