There is no topic

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
where BMW messed up is in the design of the car. Those double air vents underneath the logo are absolutely hideous.
Yeah, I wasn't commenting on the car itself (I agree that the air vents are not the best design), just the use of e-ink technology on the car skin.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
For any of you Wordle folks - here is an archive of all the games so far. I've only been playing for a week or so (they release 1 game per day), but this is the previous couple hundred games. I'm over 40 games through and have only missed 2. There's a little over 200 on there so far.

Wordle Archive | Play Previous Wordle Puzzles Online (metzger.media)

The daily game:

Wordle - A daily word game (powerlanguage.co.uk)

Edit - I completed all 200+ over the last day or so and only missed like 5. Several of them were ones where I had 4 letters figured out, but the last one had so many options I didn't get it in the guesses remaining (latch, match, hatch, patch, etc.). Oh well, it was still fun to plow through them all.

Last edited:

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
In hindsight, I think that a lot of people from my generation have mad revisionist history about the quality of the cartoons we had, growing up, because of how dope the theme songs were.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Our son (teenager) just got the email that he's going to be hired to work for the Sacramento River Cats as part of the group that does crowd engagement, etc. He's pretty stoked to be doing that (at least, until he actually has to do it in the middle of summer - might not be too excited then?). He loves sports of all kinds and we've been going to games there since he was a child, so getting a job at Sutter Health Park as his first job is very exciting for him. I guess this means I'll have to attend some games and throw popcorn at him. ;)

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
What are some phrases or sayings that you find irritating? Nothing crude or controversial of course.

1) wait, what?
2) it hits different
  • Cringe, when used as anything other than a verb.
  • Hope he/she sees this, bro.
    • Corollary to the above: she's not gonna let you hit, bro.
  • Woke, when used unironically.
  • Cancel culture, when used unironically.
  • Social Justice Warrior, when used as a pejorative.
  • Based.
  • Normie.
  • Millennial, when used indiscriminately as a catch-all for anyone younger than the speaker.
  • Boomer, when used indiscriminately as a catch-all for anyone older than the speaker.
  • I don't see color.

Last edited:

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
So, because my mom is superstitious, and believes in curses and ****, she's spent the better part of a quarter century terrifying me and my sister. Her great-grandmother was only sixty-one when she died, her grandmother died at sixty-two, and her mother died at sixty-three, so she's legitimately spent the last twenty-five years utterly convinced that she was going to die at sixty-four.

Well, today, we celebrated my mom's sixty-fifth birthday. So, suck on that, curse!
Seventy and counting!

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
A few friends and I went to the Stockton Heat hockey game tonight (overtime win, yay!).

Someone broke into my car (shattered side window) and stole my inexpensive aftermarket stereo receiver during the game (boo!).

Sometimes people suck.

It seems like there are a lot of Filipinos in the Sac area (then again there are a lot of Pinoys everywhere.) My wife is from Davao City and every year we do a “Boodle Fight” at our restaurant to showcase her culture. It’s a large spread of food served on banana leaves. Chicken Adobo, pork bagnet, pandan rice, pancit canton, lumpia, shrimp, chicken BBQ, bok choy, red snapper, Ube ice cream and more. It’s a ton of work but really fun too

3198A9D7-4448-4097-8479-E7A418DE82CE.jpeg

Last edited: