KINGS PICKING 4TH IN 2022 NBA DRAFT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance Paolo Chet or Jabari drop to 4 ?
Maybe Houston gets attached to Jaden Ivey or Sharpe if they don't like Kevin Porter long-term as a running mate with Green? They don't have any draft capital or money tied into him while they just spent 2 FRP's last season on Garuba/Sengun as bigs. You could argue that the Garuba defensive profile is the ideal mate for Sengun's defensive problems while adding Sharpe/Ivey could be real exciting off Sengun passing. Paolo/Sengun long-term is sketchy defensively, but obviously super talented enough to just figure it out. But more than likely, they just take the big that falls.

I don't see any way OKC/Magic pass on a big. Magic have invested 2 recent FRP (5 and 15) on guards, gave Fultz a big contract. While the did extend WCJ, Bamba is up in the air if he's starting caliber moving forward and Isaac might just never be the same. Chet/Jabari would both be an awesome plug and play around Wagner/WCJ/Suggs/Anthony core.

OKC similar deal with their investment in Shai and taking Giddey at 6 last year with next to no talent in their bigs. Big is the BPA and fits their team need the best; don't see how or why they'd add another guard/wing playmaker to an already crowded Shai/Giddey back-court.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
This is SO KANGZ! :D

In a draft widely considered as having a clear top 3 then a drop off, Kangz move up to 4th!

You could not script this crap any better if you tried! :D
It's not ideal but there's only one guy in the top 4 I like and he's going 1 or 2. But I liked a guy mocked consistently at 5 or 6 and we just moved into that range when we were slotted to be out of it. So it's a win anyway you slice it, plus gives us more trade chips if Monte doesn't like Murray, Sharpe, Ivey or I guess very, very small chance Banchero falls.

This is SO KANGZ! :D

In a draft widely considered as having a clear top 3 then a drop off, Kangz move up to 4th!

You could not script this crap any better if you tried! :D
I don't think it's particularly KANGZ at all. They didn't truly tank at the end of the season, despite the protestations of many. Yet they managed to jump to the 4th pick, anyway. It just gives them more options to choose from in a tier where the talent level is similar. Fans are all going to have their individual preferences, but I expect the front office will make its pick based upon their projection of which player represents the best available given the larger field with which to work.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I'm enjoying Blazers fans dunking on us for past draft mistakes like Monte hasn't done a find job picking BPA and saying "hopefully Murray falls to 7". The hoops gods have truly smited them for the tank they performed and they extended the GM who messed up the protections on the CJ deal.

We don't completely control our own destiny, but knowing that outside of landing #1 we were gonna need luck, it's nice to know we don't need to clench our cheeks while 7 other teams draft in front of us only to have our guy go immediately before we pick.

After watching some highlights - Put me on the Ivey train......that litany of steals for initial highlights sold me.....his front-line burst acceleration in open court looks at least as good or better than Fox. If he maintains his health, he could easily be the league's steals leader if he focuses on it.... there's some echoes of a young Allen Iverson in on the drives. His shooting is a bit of project though and the downside..... looks like Leandro Barbosa......anyway speed kills - you can work on your shooting, but improving quickness is much more finite......

After watching some highlights - Put me on the Ivey train......that litany of steals for initial highlights sold me.....his front-line burst acceleration in open court looks at least as good or better than Fox. If he maintains his health, he could easily be the league's steals leader if he focuses on it.... there's some echoes of a young Allen Iverson in on the drives. His shooting is a bit of project though and the downside..... looks like Leandro Barbosa......anyway speed kills - you can work on your shooting, but improving quickness is much more finite......
At 4 Ivey certainly has my interest. Hadn’t been giving him any thought because of likely draft position or Kings glaring needs.
I’m curious if Kings will get an opportunity to bring in some of the top SG’s at the same time, that I’d sure enjoy watching.

It's Keegan Murray for me. Supposedly he is 6'8, but he looks like maybe the biggest 6'8 I've ever seen. Rebounds the ball and has the handles to push the break. Shoots the 3 well when his feet are set. Very long arms, need some measurements.

At 4 Ivey certainly has my interest. Hadn’t been giving him any thought because of likely draft position or Kings glaring needs.
I’m curious if Kings will get an opportunity to bring in some of the top SG’s at the same time, that I’d sure enjoy watching.
I wouldn't be surprised if Ivey gets selected in the top 3. Don't think #1 because of his shooting, but 2 or 3 are possibilities....Kings are in a very good spot considering where they were expected to draft.. A trade isn't out of the realm of possibilities either.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ivey gets selected in the top 3. Don't think #1 because of his shooting, but 2 or 3 are possibilities....Kings are in a very good spot considering where they were expected to draft.. A trade isn't out of the realm of possibilities either.
Definitely a possibility. Ivey was always in that top 3 conversation prior to today.
As far as trades are concerned I like captain bills thought but at nearly 32 Dame is pushing the wrong side of his prime.

Well, if Holmgren, Jabri and Bonchero available, you take them. IF they are gone, as i expect them to be, we DO NOT TAKE IVEY. We cannot have a reoeat of the last 2 years and have 3 PG trying to share the rock (Fox, Ivey and Mitchell) it does t work. Dont care if he is BPA. I would go with Keegan Murray. He fills a need (PF) in all the ways we are hoping to sign Portis or trade for PJW for. He is an elite scorer, strong rebounder, excellent defender and elite 3pt shooter from his position,and good rim protector/shot blocker. In fact, id say he compares with two of the top PF we have been wanting to get over the last few years (Paskal, Portis) and probably better than PJW. He has been drawing comparisons to Bosh as a player type. I roll the dice on this kid over any other prospect outside of the top...and frankly with his frame, im not sold on Holmgren. He remindse of Bamba and I would probably lean towards Murray as my 3rd player on the list. For the kings, Id probably go

1. Smith
2. Banchero
3. Murray

Bound to get one of them as Holmgren and/or Ivey will likely be picked in Top 4.

Fox/Mitchell
DDV/TD/Holiday
Barnes/Holiday/Harkless
FRP/Metu
Sabonis/Holmes/Jones/Len

Can move Holmes, Len, TD, Holiday, or Harkless for other pieces and still have MLE to go after others.

Status
Not open for further replies.