[Game] Kings @ Thunder, 2/28/2022 5pm Pacific 8pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox and Sabonis when good, are GOOD. Barnes as that 3rd guy, and maybe Lyles as a nice little skilled big option. There are some things there but Gentry is stumbling at times to find it and it's costing them games.
I trashed him in his 1st half performance alongside some other guys, but I think he's the better fit and player to start at the 2 than Holiday. Lyles was good tonight, but if the options are him or Harkless at 4 that's still a gaping hole.

Sabonis 5 PF, 8 TO's, but still manages 14-16-7 on 8 shots in only 30 minutes. And what a freaking joke he didn't shoot at FT, how is that even possible with how physical he is in the post? Still, we need him to stay more aggressive with the offense and look for his shot. It's almost always going to be the best/most efficient option.

Lyles certainly earned himself a lot more playing time. He's limited and we can't expect anything close to this scoring output on a normal basis, but he's always been a really smart role player that understands how to fit in.

-Awesome seeing the DDV break-out game. This is the dude he was on a regular basis last season with Mil; just impactful on both ends. 4-6 3pt shooting obviously won't happen every game, but if he can find the 35-37% stroke, he's a starter.

-The inconsistency with Holiday is getting old. He's better on defense and plays well within an offense, but if he's not going to be a consistent spacer, then there's no point leaving him in the lineup. I'd rather get DDV's defense/rebounding/secondary-playmaking in the LU.

-Fox 40 minutes, took over with Sabonis struggling. Super efficient night; 29 pts on 20 shots, 10-1 Ast/TO ratio. We need more defensive consistency, but he's basically just been the old Fox since he came back from injury; an all-star caliber offensive player.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Misgivings about his ability to actually coach aside, Alvin Gentry seems like an absolutely great person who the players seem to like playing for, which is pretty much more than you could say about all of the coaches we've had since Mike Malone lol

Well, I guess some things are indeed visual. The 5 man stats are super sketchy obviously since post trade there isn't enough game time together but indeed, with at least 10 minutes played the best 5 man net rating unit post trade is Fox/Davion/Lamb/Barnes/Sabonis. Followed by Donte in for Davion. Fox/Holiday/Harkless/Barnes/Sabonis is way down at a -16.2.

https://www.nba.com/stats/lineups/a...758&sort=NET_RATING&dir=1&Month=5&CF=MIN*G*10

Status
Not open for further replies.