Walton fired

I mean, what are the fans supposed to do to hold him accountable? Firebomb his house?

People are already refusing to go to games and a dude puked on the court during the last game. What more do you want people to do to show their displeasure with Vivek?
I think going to the game buy up mega cheap 3rd party tickets that already paid for and chanting “Vivek you suck” is a great idea. Rich people have ginormous egos

I'm not really sure what the plan is here, assuming there even is a plan. But I have a reasonable idea of how it will play out.

Gentry coaches the rest of the season. The Kings play slightly better but miss the playoffs yet again and wind up with a pick in the 8-12 range and don't get any lottery luck.

McNair hires "his" coach for next season. It could be Gentry but I wouldn't bet on it.

Kings struggle yet again next season and McNair is fired, possibly replaced by a "consultant" that Vivek hired over the previous summer.

New GM tries to make it work with a coach he didn't hire while the Kings continue to not be good until the new coach is fired by the new GM.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

I mean, what are the fans supposed to do to hold him accountable? Firebomb his house?

People are already refusing to go to games and a dude puked on the court during the last game. What more do you want people to do to show their displeasure with Vivek?
Don't give me any ideas.

I'm not really sure what the plan is here, assuming there even is a plan. But I have a reasonable idea of how it will play out.

Gentry coaches the rest of the season. The Kings play slightly better but miss the playoffs yet again and wind up with a pick in the 8-12 range and don't get any lottery luck.

McNair hires "his" coach for next season. It could be Gentry but I wouldn't bet on it.

Kings struggle yet again next season and McNair is fired, possibly replaced by a "consultant" that Vivek hired over the previous summer.

New GM tries to make it work with a coach he didn't hire while the Kings continue to not be good until the new coach is fired by the new GM.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.
I agree that this is Monte’s window. He makes the wrong play, he’ll be gone by this time next year.

I’m coming around to a significantly less than zero chance Fox is moved for balance. Bagley may be showcased. It’s interesting that reports are that Gentry is being given metrics on how he’ll be retained. I think we are in as “major” a rebuild as Vivek will ever allow.

Kingster

Hall of Famer

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.
Unfortunately, that scenario could easily happen. You have to hope that Vivek, a reasonably smart guy, finally gets it. I wouldn't bet the house on it, though.

They're definitely needs to be adjustments to the king's roster, but I don't think anybody's making any serious moves until after the Ben Simmons insanity is settled. Not the most teams want him just most teams want to be a part of the deal. That being said well I was never a big fan of Monte if he's going to take this team into some direction he has planned losing Walton has to be part of that. If he has to wait till next season to get his guy in the coach's chair that I'm fine with an interim coach as a placeholder. I have substantial fears and doubts but I'm not going to judge moves that haven't been made yet.

If McNair's goal is self-preservation it makes the decision to trade Fox easier. Especially if it's to hit the reset button for picks etc. It's the NBA equivalent of an NFL GM drafting a QB in the 1st round.
It’s not revolutionary. New Ceos sandbag earnings from the quarter prior to them joining all the time. This is McNair’s opp to sandbag, blame Walton/Vlade, and set a new course by trading Fox and that generation of players.

It’s not revolutionary. New Ceos sandbag earnings from the quarter prior to them joining all the time. This is McNair’s opp to sandbag, blame Walton/Vlade, and set a new course by trading Fox and that generation of players.
The question is whether Vivek would actually sign off on a full rebuild.

For all the years the Kings have been terrible, I don't think there's ever been a true rebuild effort. Other than Petrie, McNair is also the only GM in Sacramento Kings history that I would feel comfortable leading a full rebuild. I haven't seen enough to say he's a good GM, but he's the first in a while that wasn't clearly awful.

That said, if Fox is dealt I think it's far more likely to be in a potential Ben Simmons deal.

We'll see.

I’m coming around to a significantly less than zero chance Fox is moved for balance. Bagley may be showcased. It’s interesting that reports are that Gentry is being given metrics on how he’ll be retained. I think we are in as “major” a rebuild as Vivek will ever allow.
The Demarcus Cousins trade “probably” qualifies as a big rebuild

The question is whether Vivek would actually sign off on a full rebuild.

For all the years the Kings have been terrible, I don't think there's ever been a true rebuild effort. Other than Petrie, McNair is also the only GM in Sacramento Kings history that I would feel comfortable leading a full rebuild. I haven't seen enough to say he's a good GM, but he's the first in a while that wasn't clearly awful.

That said, if Fox is dealt I think it's far more likely to be in a potential Ben Simmons deal.

We'll see.
Owners will always be an obstacle. But if there’s a window that Vivek can be convinced, this is the window. Fortune favors the brave.

It's not a good idea, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Ranadive hire her to get the publicity of being the first to have a woman head coach
Everyone will focus on the gender aspect, yes. please explain from a basketball standpoint why its not a good idea. A lot of people want bjax as the coach on this forum. I would argue she has done more than he has coaching wise.

From our friend Scot Pollard:

Scot was right about the KINGS drafting Thomas Robinson and Ben McLemore, but he’s wrong on this one. At least about Walton not being part of the big picture problems.

Just because the KINGS have a multitude of problems doesn’t mean the head coach can’t be one of them.

IDK this for certain but my guess is Pollard hasn’t seen many KINGS games during Walton’s tenure as most tortured KINGS fans have. If he had, I really doubt he’d be coming to his defense despite the other valid points he makes.
Is that friend named, "Bobby Jackson", lol.

It's good this happened, I've always been in the boat its the players and the player we are building around for the past 10+ seasons. I expect if things keep going the same way it will be fire Alvin Gentry this is why he was fired from x before he came here. Hopefully I'm wrong but if the new coaching change does not work than I'm not sure what more could be done to expose the roster and franchise player are to blame.
If Gentry changes things style wise, player wise, to the extent that it at least maximizes their main assets then this is a positive. That stat above of the guard units lack of minutes was real and is needed to maximize them. Also, the ringer had an article I read and it speaks to a lot of what we've seen. Fox went from 7/8 in touches and ball time to 14th this season. Gee, maybe there's something wrong but that kind of thing can lead to negative changes offensively like we've seen with him for sure. Now he's in a funk, good job Kings.

Everyone will focus on the gender aspect, yes. please explain from a basketball standpoint why its not a good idea. A lot of people want bjax as the coach on this forum. I would argue she has done more than he has coaching wise.
Bobby has been an NBA coach longer, been the head coach of a G-league team, and was a former NBA player. Those credentials separate Bobby from Hammon.

Bobby has paid his dues.

Atkinson is a gamble to me. Solid name, solid track record. Kind of. Might fit the roster as it sits. The others are just names and Hammon doesn't have a systemic track record at this point. Pop's a great coach but is she a motion person, someone who builds to fit a roster? Pop proved the last season or so he's now willing to adapt so maybe that's a good sign. If they are keeping this roster then the simple answer is any coach that will fit the roster is their answer. So far, we already watched Bobby J do that.

Bobby has been an NBA coach longer, been the head coach of a G-league team, and was a former NBA player. Those credentials separate Bobby from Hammon.

Bobby has paid his dues.
I’m not saying bjax hasnt paid dues. But based on your response you are acting as if Hammon hasnt been paying any dues. 6x wnba all star, 2x all-wnba first team, 2015 summer league champion head coach, assistant coach on one of the best coaches in nba history since 2014. She has been a head coach candidate recently while nobody is talking about bobby.

They are both unprovens. The difference is Bobby has already risen up through the ranks of this organization and just led your SL team to a title. SL teams are usually coached by people organizations see as a potential HC candidates in the league down the line. Well, so far he's done pretty much everything you could ask from someone in that spot. He's also not a Luke person. As evidenced by him being here prior to him, and not even being on Lukes staff this season. Moving someone being groomed in another organization is like moving sideways into an unknown. If they are truly trying to win and think a coach is the one to do it, then they need to break the bank and look at the big names. Not middling ones like are featured on that list. Atkinson has had intrigue but he was hired by the Dubs. Is this another instance of Vivek not knowing anything and just figuring the Dubs know what they're doing, just copy them?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
They are both unprovens. The difference is Bobby has already risen up through the ranks of this organization and just led your SL team to a title. SL teams are usually coached by people organizations see as a potential HC candidates in the league down the line. Well, so far he's done pretty much everything you could ask from someone in that spot. He's also not a Luke person. As evidenced by him being here prior to him, and not even being on Lukes staff this season. Moving someone being groomed in another organization is like moving sideways into an unknown. If they are truly trying to win and think a coach is the one to do it, then they need to break the bank and look at the big names. Not middling ones like are featured on that list. Atkinson has had intrigue but he was hired by the Dubs. Is this another instance of Vivek not knowing anything and just figuring the Dubs know what they're doing, just copy them?
should also be pointed out that while Atkinson did have a hand in developing LeVert and Dinwiddie and the other young guys the pickless Nets had, his players apparently hated playing for him in the same way Van Gundy/Thib dudes sorta end Up hating playing for them to the point KD and Kyrie had him fired. Is that potential for player development greater than the potential for mass player revolt? That’s the sort of question the Kings will need to ask themselves when making their next hire.

This team yes, however she led the Spurs summer league team to a title as well. It feels people wouldnt feel this attachment to bobby if he never played here. I honestly feel that is why people want him as coach. We as an org cant keep looking to our past to solve our current and future problems. That is not a knock on bjax, while more of an annoyance of people wanting to pull from the past.