[Game] Kings vs. Raptors, 11/19/21 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

Kings Pain-o-meter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Outside of the first game last season and the first game this season, it's literally been more than a decade of completely uninspiring Kings basketball. I remember telling my friend back in the glory days that we will never come close to seeing a team this fun to watch again. It's kind of like the dorky kid in high school who somehow scores the best looking girl at school, and after she wakes up and dumps him, his entire life is downhill from there because it can never be better than that.

So, for now, I'm a "0" - just numb to it all.

Well, I voted 51-75. In a long time, this was the season where I was genuinely hopeful. Yes, the start of every season brings new hope, but this time, felt it was more tangible. We had improved our bench, Fox had taken a jump last year, Hali was a proven commodity rather than just an exciting rookie, and we got another exciting rookie to fill that role. The organization seemed determined to focus on defense, and added personnel with that thought in mind, who we hoped also brought some much needed edge. The summer league and preseason showed great promise (I understand they mean little, but clutching at straws and all that. We Kings fans have a greater right to that than anyone else.)

Sure, we saw the roster imbalance, but hoped the depth would help alleviate some of those concerns. Some folks did point out that the core was the same, and hadn't proved anything, led by the same coach, who probably proved that he didn't belong, but us optimists ignored them. We weren't asking for much. Be competitive, with a reasonable chance of making the POs. Top 6 in the west would be great, but top 8 is also fine. And no, it doesn't matter that we don't have an All Star. We can't get one unless we give up Fox, who is going to get in this time, or so we thought.

Funnily, we will likely stay in the hunt for 10th for most of the year, and then likely end 11th. I think Rockets, Pels, OKC, Spurs will take the bottom 4 positions in the West. The 10th spot will likely be a fight between Minny, Portland, and us. Injuries/trades can of course change that, but this is what seems to be the case for now. Both Portland and Minny have established stars compared to us.

Right now, I don't even know if firing Luke will help, since I don't know if anyone else will do a better job. Sigh! Long rant, the life of a Kings fan.

This season has been hard for me as a long time Kings fan. Last year I was hoping Monte might do some kind of trade to balance out the roster. It never came... It might just be me, but it feels like Monte is waiting for the right trade to be there that the Kings win hands down. Maybe Monte just needs to look at a trade more like addition by subtraction. This Kings team reminds of when the warriors traded Monta Ellis so Curry could be set free.... We need some trade like that to happen here.

Zero pain. We’re ahead of schedule. From late Sept:

“Sep 28, 2021#59
10, like I am every season. But the excitement usually goes to zero a few weeks after the all star break. I don’t think the Kings make the playoffs this year barring a major trade (Simmons), Fox and Hali jumping levels, Bags turning into a defensive all star (1% chance), or Mitchell playing like a top ten NBA player (2% chance).”

I bet they lose, I bet the crowd is apathetic at best, I bet we complain about a lot of things, I bet absolutely nothing changes in the immediate aftermath.

As for the poll, I’ve been dead inside since June 21st, 2018. So thanks for that, Vlade.
I bet we win and Walton is extended

dude12

Hall of Famer
We will come out and score less than 20 in the first Q, have an ok 2nd, then get rolled in the 3rd and the crowd unleashes it’s frustration with a chorus of boos. Kings lose by 22. Vivek, who is courtside, looks at all the empty seats and the frustrated fans and after the game meets with Walton and pulls the plug on his coaching career.

We will come out and score less than 20 in the first Q, have an ok 2nd, then get rolled in the 3rd and the crowd unleashes it’s frustration with a chorus of boos. Kings lose by 22. Vivek, who is courtside, looks at all the empty seats and the frustrated fans and after the game meets with Walton and pulls the plug on his coaching career.
Then they'll put in Gentry and continue to lose. Then give Gentry a 3 year contract and say that they need an offseason and training camp to get his system down.

If there's one thing this franchise is great at, it's wasting time.

Doubt it. Vivek is about as oblivious as it gets. He probably doesn't even think Kings fans are upset at the team and probably thinks the empty seats are due to Covid.

gunks

Hall of Famer
I’m so sick of rooting for Lins year after year, but honestly I think every W under Luke hurts us. That dude needs to get fired a season ago.

But then IF he does get fired, I don’t want our new/interim coach to have too much of an uphill climb to get us in the playoff hunt.

Unlike some folk here, I actually DO think this roster could get us there. Luke just uses literally EVERYONE counter to their strengths. He’s awful. So bad that only a boob like Vlade would think he’s a good hire. And only a boob like Vivek would keep him.

So uh, I guess I’m rooting for a good game from Hali?

I’m so sick of rooting for Lins year after year, but honestly I think every W under Luke hurts us. That dude needs to get fired a season ago.

But then IF he does get fired, I don’t want our new/interim coach to have too much of an uphill climb to get us in the playoff hunt.

Unlike some folk here, I actually DO think this roster could get us there. Luke just uses literally EVERYONE counter to their strengths. He’s awful. So bad that only a boob like Vlade would think he’s a good hire. And only a boob like Vivek would keep him.

So uh, I guess I’m rooting for a good game from Hali?
Don't do this to yourself man! It'll only lead to more disappointment.

The Kings have been “in” almost every game this season but rarely, if ever, seem “in control” of a game.
Gotta be just the Charlotte game. Complete domination for 4 quarters without letting up against a good team.

Following that up with a 1-5 skid against mostly bad teams was the most Kings thing possible.

Keeping with this trend, we likely win tonight and get some big wins in the next 10 game or so stretch of the season. With 4 games vs the 2 LA teams and games vs Utah and Philly, we are in for a tough road but I fully expect us by some miracle to come out 6-4 or 7-3 in that stretch, maybe a feel good stretch of beating the Lakers twice in 3 games. There will be reports of an upbeat happy locker room and renewed trust in Walton’s coaching ability

We will then proceed to lose 20 straight

Gotta be just the Charlotte game. Complete domination for 4 quarters without letting up against a good team.

Following that up with a 1-5 skid against mostly bad teams was the most Kings thing possible.

Keeping with this trend, we likely win tonight and get some big wins in the next 10 game or so stretch of the season. With 4 games vs the 2 LA teams and games vs Utah and Philly, we are in for a tough road but I fully expect us by some miracle to come out 6-4 or 7-3 in that stretch, maybe a feel good stretch of beating the Lakers twice in 3 games. There will be reports of an upbeat happy locker room and renewed trust in Walton’s coaching ability

We will then proceed to lose 20 straight
Nobody knows what to expect from this Kings squad, not even the players themselves. That’s a big part of the problem.

Don't get my hopes up

This season has been hard for me as a long time Kings fan. Last year I was hoping Monte might do some kind of trade to balance out the roster. It never came... It might just be me, but it feels like Monte is waiting for the right trade to be there that the Kings win hands down. Maybe Monte just needs to look at a trade more like addition by subtraction. This Kings team reminds of when the warriors traded Monta Ellis so Curry could be set free.... We need some trade like that to happen here.
And I would expect Monte to be a little gunshy on trades the way he got egged two different times lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.