[Game] Kings @ Pistons, 11/15/21 4pm Pacific 7pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
This sorta cocky statement really irks me. They just had a bad 4 game losing streak, haven't proven jack and come out talking with this kinda snark as if we just beat the Bucks in a 7 game series. How about you actually string together a good stretch of 10 games before you make such statements
I really think this is more of a statement that certain players on this team enjoy each other/have each other's backs and to be fair the fact that aside from Barnes all our talent is concentrated at one position it's easy/lazy press to go that route.

gunks

Hall of Famer
it’s hilarious there’s still Bagless supporters with the trash showing he had today lol
I think it’s kinda cool. Same with the standing O he got from the crowd in that first home game. A continuation of the “best fans in the NBA” tradition, almost two decades removed from our glory years!

…. of course, I also think the fact that there are still Kings fans that go to bat for him and he thanks them with shenanigans is good justification for my own “mean girls” takes on Marvin Bustly the Third!

Still rooting for him though, but only for the sake of his trade value. Hopefully he has a better showing next game.

You're choosing to interpret it that way and taking it as some personal shot or something. Maybe he takes pride in playing with Fox and enjoys doing so? These guys catch a lot of hell day in and day out, and your comment kind of goes to show you why Haliburton may be a little defensive or why he's choosing tp pump up his teammate - along with himself - in this way. They're athletes. There's nothing wrong with showing a little fire, and text is always going to look a little harsher than what it may have actually been. Hell, he very well could have made that statement with a smile on his face. "Snarky" doesn't seem like an appropriate description of Tyrese Halliburton of all people.
Let me start by saying that admittedly I haven't watched or heard the answer in full, so I'm just going off the tweet.

Theres nothing wrong with taking pride in playing with Fox. It's not the first time he's been asked this and he's always just said the chemistry is fine. But to say "look at the box score" after one game against a bad team that was pretty much win or coach gets fired? It's arrogant. It's exactly the kind of tone that Fox and the rest of the crew take year after year despite achieving diddly squat. I'm just sick of how this team has a self inflated sense of how good they are. No chemistry issues? Fine how about you go 7-3 with both of you playing well before you tell anybody to go look at the box score.

I absolutely want them to show fire. Fire like not getting blown out by the Spurs, not blowing leads to the Thunder, not laying an egg against the Suns in the Q3. How about they show some of that fire and less talk

Last edited:
I really think this is more of a statement that certain players on this team enjoy each other/have each other's backs and to be fair the fact that aside from Barnes all our talent is concentrated at one position it's easy/lazy press to go that route.
It's not though, because we've had hardly any games where Fox and Haliburton both play well.

Just say "chemistry is fine, we enjoy playing together - I think you saw the improvement today and we'll keep getting better". No snark, no sense of how dare you question our chemistry, no arrogance

I think it’s kinda cool. Same with the standing O he got from the crowd in that first home game. A continuation of the “best fans in the NBA” tradition, almost two decades removed from our glory years!

…. of course, I also think the fact that there are still Kings fans that go to bat for him and he thanks them with shenanigans is good justification for my own “mean girls” takes on Marvin Bustly the Third!

Still rooting for him though, but only for the sake of his trade value. Hopefully he has a better showing next game.
I see it the other way around. The way the fans take what Marvin says or doesn't say (and his dad) as a personal attack on them is a throwback to the old days. Small city with an inferiority complex. His issues have been with a coach who never wanted him and made it be known, which is rude and unprofessional and another coach who can't coach himself out of a paper bag. Yet, ya'll act like he's taking shots at the city or the fans. Get all uptight when he doesn't want to play in garbage time and then attack him when he plays the next time he's asked to play in a blow out.

If his actions were so egregious, where was the fine or suspension? Acting like he's an important piece to the team and he cost them a chance to win a game by not checking in for the final play or something.

I may have missed where any of the Bagley's have said anything negative about the fans or city. But I doubt it.
When Bagley wasn't playing the fans got so scapegoat starved, they've been going in on Fox. This is all just a case of fans needing to take their frustration out on someone.

Marvin will be gone soon, and the team won't be better or worse for it. There are actual real issues holding this team back.

Let me start by saying that admittedly I haven't watched or heard the answer in full, so I'm just going off the tweet.

Theres nothing wrong with taking pride in playing with Fox. It's not the first time he's been asked this and he's always just said the chemistry is fine. But to say "look at the box score" after one game against a bad team that was pretty much win or coach gets fired? It's arrogant. It's exactly the kind of tone that Fox and the rest of the crew take year after year despite achieving diddly squat. I'm just sick of how this team has a self inflated sense of how good they are. No chemistry issues? Fine how about you go 7-3 with both of you playing well before you tell anybody to go look at the box score.

I absolutely want them to show fire. Fire like not getting blown out by the Spurs, not blowing leads to the Thunder, not laying an egg against the Suns in the Q3. How about they show some of that fire and less talk
Here’s the clip. He’s prob tired of having to answer the same question over and over. He doesn’t think there’s a chemistry issue. There’s only so many ways you can answer it before just saying look at the facts (or I guess you can go Fox’s route lol). People just finding reasons to turn them on each other cuz fox is slumping.

Here’s the clip. He’s prob tired of having to answer the same question over and over. He doesn’t think there’s a chemistry issue. There’s only so many ways you can answer it before just saying look at the facts (or I guess you can go Fox’s route lol). People just finding reasons to turn them on each other cuz fox is slumping.
Thanks. A lot better than what how it sounded in that tweet. Still not exactly the best answer (I mean ... anybody who has been watching knows that 90% of the games we've played so far have not featured good box scores from Tyrese + Fox combined, so the "facts" argument really works against them in this case), but a lot better than how it sounded in the tweet.

The tyrese and fox chemistry thing is just a rehash of the Tyreke and Kevin Martin thing we went through.
There’s a better chance of Hali and Fox working out, because Hali is a connector. Tyreke was a black hole and Kevin was a scorer as well though less of a black hole. But the pairing that will definitely work and should be the back court for the next ten years is Hali and Davion.

Watched the game, but again just watched the full game highlights. Tyrese flat out controlled the offense for the whole game; nearly every easy look went through him. You can definitely build a team around this guy as a distributing guard, and it's fun to watch. He's just going to get better. Now if we only had a Webber-esce passing center..

Last edited:

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Watched the game, but again just wanted the full game highlights. Tyrese flat out controlled the offense for the whole game; nearly every easy look went through him. You can definitely build a team around this guy as a distributing guard, and it's fun to watch. He's just going to get better. Now if we only had a Webber-esce passing center..
Boogie's still available!

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Despite the win, the Kings didn't look very good to me. Still looking for a lot more cohesiveness and consistent effort. The rebounding issue won't go away until a trade is made.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Imagine if Prime Boogie had a teammate like Ty at any point. :(
I still think that if Bogi had come over a season earlier and finally given that Kings team someone other than Boogie and Rudy capable of dribbling a basketball and breathing at the same time, Boogie would still be a King.

Watched the game, but again just wanted the full game highlights. Tyrese flat out controlled the offense for the whole game; nearly every easy look went through him. You can definitely build a team around this guy as a distributing guard, and it's fun to watch. He's just going to get better. Now if we only had a Webber-esce passing center..
lol in your dreams

Watched the game, but again just watched the full game highlights. Tyrese flat out controlled the offense for the whole game; nearly every easy look went through him. You can definitely build a team around this guy as a distributing guard, and it's fun to watch. He's just going to get better. Now if we only had a Webber-esce passing center..
Best I can do is a big who puts up a shot every two minutes and plays bad defense who may or may not check in to games. Final offer.

I mean, he hasn't been kicked out of the league for lean, yet. But, that aside, I'm not sure how you're doing the math on that?
LOL i meant in terms of on the court decision making. Not saying Fox is some savant in comparison, but, i remember Evans giving me many more headaches and that jumper was far more abysmal to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.