[Game] Kings at Thunder, Friday 11/12/21, 5 PM PST (8 PM EST)

Why did Tetsujin not post the game thread?

• He has a life

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • He decided to turn in his Kings fandom for a used Q-Tip

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • MASSIVE KAIJU FIGHT!!

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • He wanted Capt. to post a really crappy game thread to highlight the contrast

Votes: 9 40.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking as someone who has not watched a lot of kings basketball the last couple of years, is fox really the leader of this team? Halliburton looks like more of a leader. Maybe I’m wrong……….

Fox doesn’t look like the guy I remember the kings drafting.

Im sorry. Luke is trash. Stop blaming him for Fox being trash as well
Fox is totally out of whack now for sure, but it's all those play calls that catch up to you later and make games like this unnecessarily make or break. I didn't call it out in this game early, Dude12 did. Middle pick and roll. Go to it earlier and perhaps you don't watch that 18 point lead disappear. Why is EVERYTHING always do or die? That's the overriding issue. Congrats Monte, you may have waited too long now. There may not be coming back from this kind of crap now.

Speaking as someone who has not watched a lot of kings basketball the last couple of years, is fox really the leader of this team? Halliburton looks like more of a leader. Maybe I’m wrong……….

Fox doesn’t look like the guy I remember the kings drafting.
if Hali isn’t already, soon.

Watched it a few times and have no idea what that last play was even supposed to be. Both Barnes and Buddy didn’t even attempt to set a screen on Dort. By design there was no effort to get Fox free of Dort. Like a designed play to go after the opposing team’s best defender one on one? Or was the point to set up a 3 for Barnes or Buddy? I don’t get it

Watched it a few times and have no idea what that last play was even supposed to be. Both Barnes and Buddy didn’t even attempt to set a screen on Dort. By design there was no effort to get Fox free of Dort. Like a designed play to go after the opposing team’s best defender one on one? Or was the point to set up a 3 for Barnes or Buddy? I don’t get it
Walton ran a play teams have been running at him. They started off in a flat offense then used the screens as a decoy. I don't get it either. Maybe Buddy was supposed to set that screen? Or Fox went too early? If not it was literally more pointless movement to respace the floor hoping to trick the other team into a switch when there was no pressure for them to do so.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Ouch. Naw, I’d go with jimmy g after he got his large contract. Not Warner. Warner is still a stud but he’s been lost since the 9ers screwed the pooch and got rid of Deforest Buckner. Worst decision ever.
I hate that I called that spot on when it happened. I can’t not believe they didn’t account for the entire ripple effect Buckner had on that entire defense. Instead they gave a slightly less massive contract to the guy who only had his breakout season because … of DeForest Buckner.

The Kings should’ve won by 15 and would’ve won by 5 had Hali been the primary ball handler in the last 5 mins of the game.

13 games is sufficient evidence, Monte.
All I can say is go watch the defense when it switched. Haliburton got the focus and made the right plays for him by passing out of it. He needs to get a legit mid-range jumper down if he wants to take that next step.

Walton ran a play teams have been running at him. They started off in a flat offense then used the screens as a decoy. I don't get it either. Maybe Buddy was supposed to set that screen? Or Fox went too early? If not it was literally more pointless movement to respace the floor hoping to trick the other team into a switch when there was no pressure for them to do so.
It looked like they were both faking a screen and deliberately went past which maybe makes sense to try to get an open look at a 3 (which is a very Kings thing to do in a tie game). But Fox wasn’t looking to pass so idk what the hell was happening

Status
Not open for further replies.