Some Bagley love..

Status
Not open for further replies.
All new season. A new start. I feel sorry for the kid. TBH, he never had a proper developmental support but a lot of blames from the organization and the fans. This could be his year. Marvin Bagley has huge potential. He could take a BIG leap forward this year and surprise us all, thanks to a lot of hard work, strengthening and coach Christie. He is still our family, let us give him some love and support. Go Bagley... We support you.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
If he ends up being that good of a coach we should prolly start grooming him to be an HC
Dude, Bobby in the big chair and DC as his lead assistant. This should give us all some hope in a worst case. The potential is already there and Bobby has enough experience in various positions the last 10 years or so. And DC is DC. He's always been a leader on and off the floor.

Most fans want him to stay healthy. Injuries are part of the game, but if fans believed that he is doing everything he can to be more durable, they would be more forgiving.

Anyway, don't want to pile on more in a "love" thread.
it was implied he stay healthy but if even played like 50 games with the stats and decent defense I’d be like eh at least he lasted more then half a season and then obviously release him

he's had 14/7 for the last three seasons minus the decent defense so this year will be telling, are Mitchell and Christie culture changers?
from a grade of F/D- of defense to a C/C+ Is a big jump and would do wonders for us. It drove most of us crazy watching him be out of position so often. It’s gonna be a team effort to change the culture. Ty is the influence of molding the identity, Mitchell is the defense, and Fox, a borderline all-star needs to become an all star

from a grade of F/D- of defense to a C/C+ Is a big jump and would do wonders for us. It drove most of us crazy watching him be out of position so often. It’s gonna be a team effort to change the culture. Ty is the influence of molding the identity, Mitchell is the defense, and Fox, a borderline all-star needs to become an all star
Exactly, The young man is of course still very young and raw. Emotionally fragile and prone to breakdown. I feel that we as a fan base, organization and even the team mates have been harsh on the kid. I seen him being taunted, condemned and being tuned out on the floor by some senior players. That is not the way to develop and support your young peers. Failure of the organization to let that be on court humiliation of a young learning mind. I believe that change of culture, some love, much more support and encouragement will do wonders for the young man and he could pretty much be the 'difference' this year. ;)Dough Christie:)

Fox is certainly all-star caliber already. Whether or not he actually makes an all-star team is another thing entirely, and has little to do with his level of play unless, that is, he puts together an MVP caliber season. In that instance his level of play would literally be why he makes the all-star game. As long as all-star selections are subject to fan voting, whether or not Fox is selected to play in the all-star game matters not. Fans will vote for Ja Morant before Fox, no matter what Fox does, which just goes to show how much of a joke the all-star game has become. Was much better when there was zero fan input.

Fox is certainly all-star caliber already. Whether or not he actually makes an all-star team is another thing entirely, and has little to do with his level of play unless, that is, he puts together an MVP caliber season. In that instance his level of play would literally be why he makes the all-star game. As long as all-star selections are subject to fan voting, whether or not Fox is selected to play in the all-star game matters not. Fans will vote for Ja Morant before Fox, no matter what Fox does, which just goes to show how much of a joke the all-star game has become. Was much better when there was zero fan input.
I wholeheartedly agree but I do understand that this league is more entertainment then actual basketball. Fox being a fan voted All Star will get him more Favorable calls. Being in the spotlight is a necessity that will get people to pay attention to us more. The money is more important then the purity of the sport

I'm loving this.... hoping Doug can work some magic to increase Marv
Sounds like DC has taken Bagley under his wings. I hope DC can get through to Bagley the importance of details, preparation and defense! If Bagley can absorb half of DC's basketball knowledge, there is a chance Bags can become a legitimate star. ;)

Dude, Bobby in the big chair and DC as his lead assistant. This should give us all some hope in a worst case. The potential is already there and Bobby has enough experience in various positions the last 10 years or so. And DC is DC. He's always been a leader on and off the floor.
Agreed!!! Wholeheartedly. I’m rooting for Bagley HARD. He’s still a King and he’s seemingly come into camp and preseason with the right attitude

Go KINGS!!!

What do you guys think about Bagley so far?

Looks mostly the same to me. Defense looks a bit improved and the effort is there. Still doesn't box out at all and is still trying to rebound by positioning his body directly under the hoop with one arm stuck out. Seems to be frozen out on offense but it's difficult to run a PnR with him if he's playing with Holmes or TT because their man will just leave them to double. Moves are still telegraphed but he finishes them reasonably well or at least draws the foul. Still gets the ball slapped out of his hands easy. Gets himself open near the hoop here and there but his teammates don't seem to find him very often.

Status
Not open for further replies.