Marvin Bagley will ball out next season!

Man, I wanted Bagley to gel with this squad. But even if he does play well this year, no way he signs a second contract with the team.
Nuh-uh. If Bags is able to stay on the floor and play well - 70+ games of efficient scoring, not-black-holing it, solid 3-pt shooting/rebounding/defense - then the Kings in all likelihood will have a very good year and all will be forgiven.

Allow me to dream: if Bags can come close to redeeming his lofty draft position, transforming himself into (say) an Ayton-level impact player, the Kings will be happy to pay him big dollars and look forward to being a perennial playoff team and maybe more. He, in turn, will be getting his minutes and stats while playing for a good and ascending team w/excellent teammates and an appreciative fanbase. I also have to think that winning the way Giannis did, rather than the way Durant did, is the best of all possible NBA worlds for most players. Only way I see him looking to jump ship under those circumstances is if the bright lights of a New York/LA/Chicago call him.

It's a tall, TALL order, but IF Bags can really start putting it together this year, the Kings will have one helluva core (Fox, Hali, Bags, Davion, Holmes) for at least the next few years.

Bags will be the starting 4 this year, looking over his shoulder at Metu.

As unlikely as it may appear to some of us, Bags taking a couple steps forward represents the quickest path toward a Kings' renaissance and playoff relevance.

Here's my far-edge-of-reasonable hope for Bags in 2021-22, assuming he's not traded:

18/9/2 w/a block and a steal in 32 mpg, 70+ games played w/occasional rest games. Equally important, solid man and team defense.

Last edited:
He still plays like a teenager.
He plays like a raw talent.
His defense is ultimately why he will probably not live up to expectations.
I do not see him developing so far. I don't see a right hand, getting stronger, 3 point threat, rebounding like he is serious about it, etc.
Plenty of physical talent.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
He still plays like a teenager.
He plays like a raw talent.
His defense is ultimately why he will probably not live up to expectations.
I do not see him developing so far. I don't see a right hand, getting stronger, 3 point threat, rebounding like he is serious about it, etc.
Plenty of physical talent.
To be fair, his three has gotten a little better. So there’s that!

I dont know who that woman is interviewing him. She may be super amazing, she obviously very attractive...but how in the youknweffingwhat do you wear an outfit like that to interview a 22 year old NBA player? lol
Oh please. These NBA guys are gonna be thirsty no matter what they wear and that is her right. She can’t help how stunning she is. If he can’t focus that’s on him

Bagley turning it around on defense changes everything for us. I hope he’s studying film and talking to guys like Doug instead of just working out and adding muscle. The latter is barely half of the battle

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Oh please. These NBA guys are gonna be thirsty no matter what they wear and that is her right. She can’t help how stunning she is. If he can’t focus that’s on him
It's not a matter of how "stunning" she is. I think it is more a question of professionalism than anything else. She's dressing for personal attraction/clickbait and not for conducting a professional interview for SI.

She can dress however she wants, I'm not here to tell her not to or suggest anything. Doesn't matter to me in the least. But it isn't very "professional" (if that is what she was indeed shooting for).

It's not a matter of how "stunning" she is. I think it is more a question of professionalism than anything else. She's dressing for personal attraction/clickbait and not for conducting a professional interview for SI.

She can dress however she wants, I'm not here to tell her not to or suggest anything. Doesn't matter to me in the least. But it isn't very "professional" (if that is what she was indeed shooting for).
I agree she is not dressing to be taken seriously.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Sexism in America has been ongoing for 400 years.
I'm not sure who this is directed at, but do you ever see male interviewers in tank tops when they are working for SI or other respected organizations? And I'm not talking the swimsuit stuff they do, I'm talking normal interviews with athletes, etc.

There is a certain amount of professionalism that should be maintained. If one desires to be viewed as professional, that is.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I'm not sure who this is directed at, but do you ever see male interviewers in tank tops when they are working for SI or other respected organizations? And I'm not talking the swimsuit stuff they do, I'm talking normal interviews with athletes, etc.

There is a certain amount of professionalism that should be maintained. If one desires to be viewed as professional, that is.
I've been trying to stay out of this conversation, but I'm dying to ask: who do you think gets to define what "professional" attire looks like? I ask because this video was posted on Sports Illustrated's official Twitter account. And I feel like, if someone in this young woman's chain of command felt like she was not dressed appropriately, it probably wouldn't have been. It certainly wouldn't still be up, six weeks later.

I've been trying to stay out of this conversation, but I'm dying to ask: who do you think gets to define what "professional" attire looks like? I ask because this video was posted on Sports Illustrated's official Twitter account. And I feel like, if someone in this young woman's chain of command felt like she was not dressed appropriately, it probably wouldn't have been. It certainly wouldn't still be up, six weeks later.
Call it women empowerment I suppose. Still doesn't change the fact that professionalism in reporting has had a rather uniform standard as far as professionalism is concerned. She doesn't follow that uniform, for obvious reasons

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Call it women empowerment I suppose. Still doesn't change the fact that professionalism in reporting has had a rather uniform standard as far as professionalism is concerned. She doesn't follow that uniform, for obvious reasons
Let's say, for the sake of argument, that I was grown in a test tube: what are the "obvious" reasons?

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
I get that, and obviously SI is fine with the interview. Like I said, I don't care one way or the other - if she dresses in a way I consider "professional" or not doesn't matter to me in the least. I was just responding to a comment that seemed to misinterpret an earlier comment. :)

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
She's in what most people would consider a bikini top. Not what most people in sports journalism/reporting would call professional attire.
Firstly, that outfit looked rather more conservative than any bikini that I can recall seeing, but I'll stipulate that I haven't been to the beach, in a while, nor do I really be on IG like that. Secondly, how do you know that "most people in sports journalism/reporting" would consider that unprofessional and, even if you're right, why do they get to decide, and not her bosses?

Firstly, that outfit looked rather more conservative than any bikini that I can recall seeing, but I'll stipulate that I haven't been to the beach, in a while, nor do I really be on IG like that. Secondly, how do you know that "most people in sports journalism/reporting" would consider that unprofessional and, even if you're right, why do they get to decide, and not her bosses?
Bikini top is what I said. You have a real habit of twisting people's words around to fit a certain narrative and it's kind of annoying. Believe whatever you want to believe, I'm not getting into one of these knit-picking battles with you again.

Slim, Is this the photo of the Young Lady that is being discussed?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Bikini top is what I said. You have a real habit of twisting people's words around to fit a certain narrative and it's kind of annoying. Believe whatever you want to believe, I'm not getting into one of these knit-picking battles with you again.
First of All, that's BS. I'm not pushing a "narrative": you are projecting a narrative onto my posts, because of your own hangups. Second of all, "I didn't say bikini, I said bikini top" is a distinction without a difference, to me; at least, if it had been an actual bikini, I would understand why you think it's unprofessional attire. I'll stipulate that the outfit is provocative, but I don't consider provocative and unprofessional to be synonyms, so maybe that's the disconnect?

But, whatever, you said you wanted to drop it, so drop it, then. If you disengage, then I will, too.