2021 Free Agency Mega Thread

Do the Kings make a surprise Free Agency splash?

• Total voters
Adrian Wojnarowski: Portland isn’t extending the $7M qualifying offer to Zach Collins, officially making him a free agent, source tells ESPN. – via Twitter wojespn

I feel like the only difference between the Holmes saga and the WCS and Harry Giles sagas will be that I'm still leaning towards the belief we bring him back. But I'm starting to wonder if he'll actually get the full early bird now.

I'm down for taking the talent flier on Monk as well. Reunite him with Fox, he shot super well last year (40% on 5 attempts) and is far better suited for the "bench microwave" role than Buddy because of his creation on-ball. Mitchell-Monk pairs super well together as a duo too I think.

side note but why the hell does the NBA’s salary cap system have to be so much more complex than the NFL’s?
Well guaranteed contracts for one? If you could just cut every whiff and only take a partial hit a hard cap would actually be doable?
Might solve parity? Or might make it 100x worse? Players union would never allow so moot point.

I'm down for taking the talent flier on Monk as well. Reunite him with Fox, he shot super well last year (40% on 5 attempts) and is far better suited for the "bench microwave" role than Buddy because of his creation on-ball. Mitchell-Monk pairs super well together as a duo too I think.
Have never really been a fan of Monk. Don’t think his shooting is elite, below average handles, undersized.