Las Vegas Summer League

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Well, Alex has a 7’2 wingspan at 6’8” (pretty much Kawhi measurements and one inch less than Giannis did at one point in his career) so at least we’re chosing to tamper with the right sort of player (long athletic wings).

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
I think he only had a 2 yer contract. Maybe we were planning on bringing in Alex with that?
I guess I didn't think he was a great candidate to return to the Kings on a two-way for a third season, but not being listed seems like it may be an indication he'll be moving on.

Really hope Woodard shows an improved game. Based on the draft tonight, we’re still very much in need of a wing.
The Kings are pretty much down to nuts and bolts at this point. Maybe they still go after Bazemore but there won't be many options for them in FA with no money and them apparently still interested in bringing Holmes back. I would have though their experience with the SF spot last year would have taught some lessons on trying to bargain hunt at that spot nowadays. Guess not.

The Kings are pretty much down to nuts and bolts at this point. Maybe they still go after Bazemore but there won't be many options for them in FA with no money and them apparently still interested in bringing Holmes back. I would have though their experience with the SF spot last year would have taught some lessons on trying to bargain hunt at that spot nowadays. Guess not.
Huh? They money option hasnt changed. They have early bird for Holmes and the MLE. Dont remember if they have the room or not. Either way Holmes signing on early bird has no bearing on the ability to sign other free agents.

We should be good defensively. We shall see how they score.
Mitchell and Woodard should be reliable scorers in Summer League. Quetas has some post scoring ability but we'll see how he adjusts to SL competition. Ramsey is the real unknown. He had a couple good GLeague games but had more horrible ones with really inefficient shooting numbers. He has more to prove in SL than anyone else on the roster IMO.

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
Huh? They money option hasnt changed. They have early bird for Holmes and the MLE. Dont remember if they have the room or not. Either way Holmes signing on early bird has no bearing on the ability to sign other free agents.
The Room exception and the MLE are mutually exclusive, you can only get the Room if you go under the cap at some point, then spend up to the cap.

You may be thinking of the Biannual, which I believe we do have this year.

Mitchell and Woodard should be reliable scorers in Summer League. Quetas has some post scoring ability but we'll see how he adjusts to SL competition. Ramsey is the real unknown. He had a couple good GLeague games but had more horrible ones with really inefficient shooting numbers. He has more to prove in SL than anyone else on the roster IMO.
Perhaps. One of the questions on Mitchell was whether his shooting last year was an outlier or a new normal for him. Summer league can start to tell us.